Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gamecat666 wrote:anyone here play ukelele?
i'm looking at getting one for the kids to learn at school, but im quite interested myself. Fingerpicking though, not strumming. ;)
I do. There's a crapload of choice these days. How much are you wanting to spend?

BTW, a much better resource than me is Ukulele Underground. Quite a few uke luthiers there, too. Also, http://theukulelereview.com/
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I missed this thread so much.

Quick, someone post a guitar picture.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Wish I had a new guitar picture to post.

Actually, I just wish I had more time to play guitar. I haven't played in forever and my fingertips no longer have callouses... :(

tapper mike wrote:I missed this thread so much.

Quick, someone post a guitar picture.

I want them all!

I've been looking at this video too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJuMs1VPbc

Really liking the look of the Loog. Interested in the electric version due soon.

Anyway, looking for a solid body with humbuckers and a coil tap. There's a nice Cort locally for a decent price. Of course, I owe myself a Dot a some point, too.

Choices. Love 'em.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

So... Came home with a PRS Starla hollowbody. Sometimes, these things find you.....

We'd all like to see it prolly,
if u wanna take a snap.

I'm thinking a Godin Multiac would be very nice,
got a hankering for nylon strings.

I have one (ACS Grand) and.... It doesn't have any bass response. It's okay for earl klugh stuff but not really suited to folk/bossa/pop.
Last edited by tapper mike on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

danbroad wrote:So... Came home with a PRS Starla hollowbody. Sometimes, these things find you.....
this post is worthless w/o pics!!!!!!

Received one just like this last week:
24.75 scale, nice rounded neck profile, plays like butter! :D

robojam wrote:Actually, I just wish I had more time to play guitar. I haven't played in forever and my fingertips no longer have callouses... :(
I got mine out for the first time in... six months(?) today and just strummed about for fifteen minutes or so.

Now I have real pains in my wrist and knuckles... Think my guitar playing days are numbered...

Pics will follow. However, disappointingly I meant to write PRS SE rather than Starla. Still, one fine looker and plays like a dream with the fat wide neck (far quicker than the name would suggest).

markanini wrote:Received one just like this last week:
24.75 scale, nice rounded neck profile, plays like butter! :D
Looks nice!

Nix dude, This looks like it is something right up your street, A friend has just ordered one and I can't wait to give it a try myself, I think everyone here will find it interesting just in case any haven't heard of it before (I hadn't until today) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzuzvWme_Y :)

Dean

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”