Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dean Aka Nekro wrote: Actually this is better spec wise: http://www.thomann.de/gb/kramer_guitars_sm_1_black.htm
Some would say that is the perfect price :troll:

Those look nice. @30 fret, yeah, that didn't go over too well.

Question, though I can reach all 24 frets on my ib's (first 5ish strings) with relative ease, those small f**king frets are just BITCH to get to sustain and play (even my small fingers get in each others way ALLOT)

How the frack can someone play 30 frets??? I mean, wouldn't you need to have wire hangers for fingers????????

Last edited by hibidy on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I would like a white guitar one day
Here are some things I'm working on:

What does it mean, working on? You are working on getting them, actually making them?

hibidy wrote:What does it mean, working on? You are working on getting them, actually making them?
These are the prototypes of models I'm releasing at Summer NAMM. They're both finished at sitting at JRR now.

The first one is a Les Paul with the body of a Rickenbacker, with a mahogany body, a mahogany neck, and vintage PAF-spec'd pickups. The second one is getting stripped down to just the bridge pickup and a single volume control for a jangly, psychobilly kind of vibe.

Cool!

Yay, I finally get to post here. A vid on YT reminded me that I've been meaning to get an electric 12-string for a while and I've finally caved in. I was thinking of probably getting a Danelectro but they aren't available any more.

Had a quick browse around online. Hadn't realised you could get 12-string 335s (or copies thereof).

But then I saw this and it made my decision very, very hard:

The Italia looks and sounds gorgeous, but it sounds a bit too jangly Beatles/Byrds like for my tastes, no matter which pick-ups are used or where the tone knob is. There are precious few vids of ES335-12s but I think the sound will be more to my tastes (I've got a P90-equipped Yamaha SA503TVL 335-style and LP Studio, both of which I adore) plus my hands are better with short-scale instruments. The price was a small factor as well.

I finally cracked and ordered the Vintage last night, after much trawling of review sites and videos on YouTube and umm-ing and ah-ing for over a week. I just hope I've made the right decision - bit late now though as it'll be here tomorrow :hihi: :hyper: :wheee: :help:

I need to spend more time with my recently-acquired synth modules, I think I might have a bit of a gas problem... :D
And it is as it is and we take as we find / Always next season's buds on the bough / But I'll never find a better time / Hard though it is to allow / I'll never find a better time / To be alive than now

Uncle E wrote:
hibidy wrote:What does it mean, working on? You are working on getting them, actually making them?
These are the prototypes of models I'm releasing at Summer NAMM. They're both finished at sitting at JRR now.

The first one is a Les Paul with the body of a Rickenbacker, with a mahogany body, a mahogany neck, and vintage PAF-spec'd pickups. The second one is getting stripped down to just the bridge pickup and a single volume control for a jangly, psychobilly kind of vibe.
did you buy the necks and bodies or are you building them as well? Second question, are you painting them yourself? I have been watching videos on doing a sunburst, I figure I'll practice on some pieces of wood once we finally get our balconies back and the warm weather is here (actually the warm weather is here, our balconies are built but we're not allowed on them until the inspect them). After that I still have all the parts besides a body for a guitar I was working on last year (scar face) when I discovered the ESP body I had was no good, so either I'm going to do a dye job or a sunburst (which would still be dye).
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:did you buy the necks and bodies or are you building them as well? Second question, are you painting them yourself?
Everything is manufactured for me at this point. We'll get more hands-on once production begins, possibly even with a Plek machine. We'll eventually be doing the finishes here, as well.

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:did you buy the necks and bodies or are you building them as well? Second question, are you painting them yourself?
Everything is manufactured for me at this point. We'll get more hands-on once production begins, possibly even with a Plek machine. We'll eventually be doing the finishes here, as well.
cool :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Uncle E wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I would like a white guitar one day
Here are some things I'm working on:

Eric they look like a good duo, I really can see them doing well due to marrying alot of totally proven to be many player's favourite parts/types/areas together to create something which whilst not reinventing the wheel still brings something new to the table, That familiar yet at the same time different balance which is a fine line, Specs wise and looks wise them two are within said line IMVeryHumbleHO :) Especially the ESP standard style fret inlays which I am fond off for example, Well that is what they remind me of anyway even if you were not going for that deliberately 8) works.

Please do keep us posted on how they go down if/when you get time. Really do hope that it works out well for you/JRR mate

Cheers and best to yourself and to all :tu:

Dean

Clearing house for a custom (not an ibby! :o )

Car, teeth, guitar. I know, I have my priorities f**ked up, but gotta act my age someday :hihi:

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Please do keep us posted on how they go down if/when you get time. Really do hope that it works out well for you/JRR mate
Thank you Dean and everyone else for the exceptionally kind words! :)

Eric :D Really do mean it genuinely, You must of put alot of thought into it amongst other things! It has worked out well over here for Hugh Manson at the pricey end and also Rob 'Monkeylord' Chappers whom did/does those ML-1/ML-2 guitars through Andertons music. Not comparing you to either Eric but just pointing out how i know at least two over here whom went for it and did/are doing well and no doubt there are people your side doing the same thing but the US of A is a big country so the market is definately there i would think

This page looks good for amp related and pedal information, Might be material for the DIY forum John? http://www.amptone.com/ - Some good stuff worth a read/look through either way.

Oh and did not know about This until 5 minutes ago and really, really want to try one (as I do its bigger brothers, Still none have come along yet but one day :hyper: )
C.A.B Specs
Mic'd Cabinet Listas well as being free to use your own choice! Bass Cabs also, Probably could get alot more creative with it as a realtime non-plug-in Convolution processor :love: If it sounds as good as the stuff I have only heard so far it could be a real winner. It is certaintly priced fair/right IMHO @ €499 including VAT (they say availability is going to be April 2012). Even if one still can and does mic up real cabs, can re-amp and use sims/emus and various combinations of all available methods. To me it looks like this bad boy would only expand one's options and be totally killer for live work/fit on a pedal board, Making it along with your goto guitar, pedal and pre-amp a studio/almost zero trade offs. It does not function as a load box (Like most of the much more pricey rack mount Torpedo's do) that is reflected in the price. Compare it with the others Here. I reckon that the "Pedalboard-friendly Torpedo cabinet simulator" stacks ups really well :tu: Youtube media demo Here I have pretty much already bought one of these FWIW to anyone, Its just one of those 'need/want/can/shall have it' things :hihi:

My idea of "Guitar Amplification 2.0" is/would be a Kemper Profiling Amplifier loaded with a player's selection of amp profiles. Then that would be paired with a Two Notes Audio Engineering Torpedo VM-202. Both racked up it would be an amazing setup...One day maybe

Cheers and best to all

Dean

hibidy wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote: Actually this is better spec wise: http://www.thomann.de/gb/kramer_guitars_sm_1_black.htm
Some would say that is the perfect price :troll:

Those look nice. @30 fret, yeah, that didn't go over too well.

Question, though I can reach all 24 frets on my ib's (first 5ish strings) with relative ease, those small f**king frets are just BITCH to get to sustain and play (even my small fingers get in each others way ALLOT)

How the frack can someone play 30 frets??? I mean, wouldn't you need to have wire hangers for fingers????????
I do not know, I think it was a mis type as I am not aware of any Ibby's which have 30 frets and yeah it would silly i reckon. 24 is plenty and board estate gets eaten up high up as it is agreed mate :)
hibidy wrote:Here you go Dean......post 1683

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standa ... 6s-68.html

:lol: pissing myself dude. Oh that guy has no taste and I ain't exactly known for my classy tastes. Dear me DracNO. Still if it floats his boat/live and let live but feck my eyes are out of whack now

Nice one mate :D

Dean

:D

One down, two to go. Car goes in tomorrow ( :roll: ) We'll see what kinda monstrosity that drives me back (I should have just got a new one a couple of years ago :x )

In talks...... :scared: No telling how long one will take or what it will end up costing :o

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”