Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chris you NEED to go visit Big Bob:
http://youtu.be/AGy0pPllHVQ

Dunno about the car though :help: :lol:

I bookmarked that Page Dean, thanx :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

You can scratch the custom off the list :lol:

2 years
TOO MUCH (what I'd want is allot of extra on top of the base)
Necks are too big/too wide

A beautiful guitar I'll never own. Makes that easy.

Still though, I'm clearing stock. It's what I do. Buy a bunch of stuff, really like it, sell it, buy, like, start to not want it anymore, sell......

haters gonna hate :hihi:

well thanks to hibidy selling me an EMG60 I made some changes, I took the EMG85 out of the ESP and put it in the neck of the Jackson and put the EMG60 in the neck of the ESP...they look happy...both 18v :shrug:

edit: that picture of the esp sux, it doesn't show the nice carved top or the binding (it's a neckthru too) :?

edit 2: btw the Jackson is tuned DADFAD and the ESP is DGDGBbD
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Do you like the sound of it?

(and yes, those esp's are REALLY nice looking)

I haven't had enough time to check it out, it's the weekend and I try to spend time with the wife...now she has a wounded wing and needs help with a lot so I did good getting everything together :shrug:

Oh, I didn't know, sorry bout that (did I miss something?)

hibidy wrote:Oh, I didn't know, sorry bout that (did I miss something?)
no :)

8) 85 at the bridge and 60 at the neck are my personal preference when it comes to EMG. I switched the 81 bridge/85 neck setup which my Ibanez came with so the 81 is in the neck. I was not expecting to enjoy an 81 (them pesky cermamic magnets) ever to be honest until I did that. Seeing the combination of Duncan Blackouts and EMG 8x's has given me some ideas :evil: ideas

Currently and for awhile I've been hooked again on the passive Bareknuckle Warpig humbuckers I put in one of Jackson's when they first released them. It does not change my love for active humbuckers though...Just different (Massively 'hot' wound Alnico based of course)

Why hibidy go selling humbuckers :? :hihi: On the Dimarzio front FWIW the Dominion Humbucker is one I really want to try out (Even though they are Ceramic based magnets)

I sold one of my ibby's (the black prestige) and the buyer wanted the original pups (81/85) and didn't want the 60 :shrug:

@Dominion. Was thinking about putting those in the 1420 but there just hasn't been enough of them on the market/enough opinions/reviews to get an "average" idea.

I think it's going to be like this, take the f**king plunge and replace if I don't like :lol: I've been asking and teetering about new pups for those two guitars forever. I've got my dimarzio 3 way switches though and will be doing the petrucci "wiring" (H/two sc split/H) :hyper: I still have a store credit with jips so the pickups will be ordered through them.

@Barenuckles: Too confusing and they are not readily available here in the states.

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:8) 85 at the bridge and 60 at the neck are my personal preference when it comes to EMG. I switched the 81 bridge/85 neck setup which my Ibanez came with so the 81 is in the neck. I was not expecting to enjoy an 81 (them pesky cermamic magnets) ever to be honest until I did that. Seeing the combination of Duncan Blackouts and EMG 8x's has given me some ideas :evil: ideas
I love an 81 in the bridge...call me boring :shrug:...in my warmoth is one that is probably is older than you which now that I think about it really bums me a little well maybe a lot...that old pup is doing better than me :hihi:

I wonder if an older one sounds more vintage?

hibidy wrote:I wonder if an older one sounds more vintage?

more like

8)

Vintage EMG hey, Does it sound "Warmer" than all these modern sorts John? :hihi: That is a good claim as at least you can say "hey I was on board way back when!" They (EMG) released the EMG X series in 2011 IIRC which are sussposed to 'feel' more like a passive pickup yet with all the benefits of the active power...Can not really see how that works :?

I must of tried a guitar or two at least with these 81X/85X models fitted stock and not noticed any difference to be honest. Anyone notice any difference in feel/sound? I was not in a position to side by side compare :shrug:

@Dimarzio Dominion - A safe bet I would say due to M.M always sounding awesome and you like Dimarzio's already. Definately to keep an eye/ear on in my very humble opinion man :)

@Bareknuckle - Understand. Each model can have (like DiMarzio kind of) any style covering or left open/exposed, Warpigs you can now get in Ceramic variety as well as the originals (and they have insane amounts of DC resistance for a passive bucker!!!). Confusing I agree and doubt I would take a punt at thier prices either. I do like the Nailbomb model but not the price, Maybe one day I will get a pair in. Im sticking to EMG 8x, 707 and Duncan Blackouts for now though (the 707 is simply the 85 but in 7-string format)

John, Baritone and P-Rail = Git her done. 2012 is the year for it to happen IMO

Best as always to both of you and a man :hug: to you guys

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”