Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blueman wrote:
Hink wrote:I need to get those p-rails into my baritone...I've been way too lazy :?
I wish they'd do an Alnico 2 low-output version of these. They are a bit harsh, when combined in series, to my ears. Otherwise, it's a great idea 8)
Precisely. Also, it's lame that its best tones aren't humbucking.

Uncle E wrote:
blueman wrote:
Hink wrote:I need to get those p-rails into my baritone...I've been way too lazy :?
I wish they'd do an Alnico 2 low-output version of these. They are a bit harsh, when combined in series, to my ears. Otherwise, it's a great idea 8)
Precisely. Also, it's lame that its best tones aren't humbucking.
but have you tried them with a baritone?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:but have you tried them with a baritone?
Nope, only my maple top, mahogany back Ibanez. I'm sure on a baritone would be a completely different experience.

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:but have you tried them with a baritone?
Nope, only my maple top, mahogany back Ibanez. I'm sure on a baritone would be a completely different experience.
let's hope so :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

There's a new Les Paul Standard:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electri ... ndard.aspx

"In the electronics department, things get interesting all over again. A BurstBucker Pro Rhythm and BurstBucker Pro Lead pickup are routed through push/pull switches hidden in all four control knobs to provide the most versatile wiring package ever loaded into a Les Paul Standard. Pop up either pickup's volume control to access a new frequency tuned coil tap for a fatter single coil tone and better output balance, with hum canceling when both pickups are combined, and low-noise operation when used individually. Lifting the neck pickup's tone control reverses the phase of the neck pickup. This yields out-of-phase tones when the pickups are combined in either humbucking or single coil mode. Additionally, when the neck pickup is in single coil mode, the phase switch can be used to determine which coil is on (up for outer and down for inner coil). Finally, the bridge pickup's tone control offers Gibson's new Pure Bypass setting, providing a preset "lead mode" that routes the bridge pickup straight to the output jack at full output and brightness—bypassing the volume and tone controls entirely—for instant snarl and wail when you need it (in either humbucking or single-coil mode). Combined with the traditional three-way pickup selector, these switches yield an uprecedented number of tonal options from one guitar, while all the fat, rich, singing Les Paul Standard tone that originally made this guitar famous is still there in spades, too."

I'm sure Hink has his name on the waiting list :hihi:

Gibson re-inventing the Les Paul once again...I may not have my name on the waiting list but I wonder if these pups will catch on, that I might be interested in because that kind of thing is right up my alley ;)

Yes, it's the wiring I'm interested in, much more than the guitar itself. I once found a pickup that sounded like a PAF and then could be tapped to sound like a DeArmond, with both sounds fully hum bucking. That kind of thing and this new Gibson innovation are much more appealing to me than the noisy splits of all my current guitars.

Hink wrote:Gibson re-inventing the Les Paul once again...I may not have my name on the waiting list but I wonder if these pups will catch on, that I might be interested in because that kind of thing is right up my alley ;)
Maybe. For 3000+ bucks though, I'm getting this! :love: :love: :love:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping/goo ... &id=240373

omg omg omg omg.................WANT SO BAD! :wheee: :wheee:

hibidy wrote:
Hink wrote:Gibson re-inventing the Les Paul once again...I may not have my name on the waiting list but I wonder if these pups will catch on, that I might be interested in because that kind of thing is right up my alley ;)
Maybe. For 3000+ bucks though, I'm getting this! :love: :love: :love:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping/goo ... &id=240373

omg omg omg omg.................WANT SO BAD! :wheee: :wheee:
why dont you just put some strings on a palm tree?

I'm sorry, did you say something?

You've seen my #2 Ibanez, haven't you?

My #3 Ibanez is the same thing but with a natural top, P-Rails, and two push pull knobs for every possible pickup combination. My #1 Ibanez is my early 90's black/maple fretboard RG550 that I paid $100 for when metal stopped being cool (apparently it's cool again).

Nice!

Uncle E wrote:You've seen my #2 Ibanez, haven't you?

My #3 Ibanez is the same thing but with a natural top, P-Rails, and two push pull knobs for every possible pickup combination. My #1 Ibanez is my early 90's black/maple fretboard RG550 that I paid $100 for when metal stopped being cool (apparently it's cool again).
and your point is? No company makes guitars for Hink...Hink takes guitars and makes them his and it doesn't matter who likes them because he is :nutter: :hihi: . As I understand it from interviews I have read Brian May's guitar is not well liked by many guitarists, I have read people say "I dont know how he plays that thing". So I assume you are saying your guitars are great for you, but does that mean they would be great for me? I do not know or care if you would like my guitars or how they are set up, but they work for me. :shrug:

My only point was teasing my friend about his choice of colors :P

BTW I did not go with push/pull, I went with two toggles and I hate to break it to you but even though you and I can get the same combos I'm not so sure that they are every possible combo...unless of course there is something you're leaving out. With the push/pull pots (or toggles like mine) you get Humbucker parallel, P-90s, single coil and Humbucker series correct?

If you really want to see a versatile wiring scheme:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/tonefiend/ ... -les-paul/

ew
A spectral heretic...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”