Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, my cameras batteries are dead.

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:thank you for just stooping down to talk to me, I am so lucky to have someone as amazing as you tell me what is best for me :roll:
I never told you what is best for you. I shared about a cool guitar, I never said you should get it.
you kinda do Eric, you state a lot as fact hence the salesman comment...but please forgive me, this comment sums it up
Exactly, it's a Korean ESP. It's fantastic, just like I said it would be.
I told you so's are bad enough but when in fact they are not accurate it's worse. That guitar I bought between 10 and 12 years ago for 299 because I needed (wanted) a Floyd Rose guitar because at the time my Kramer was apart and my only other guitar was my hardtail strat. I went to the store, looked over my options and treid a few guitars but I never plugged one into an amp.

I got home with my new guitar, took out the pups and put in an EMG 81 and an 89 as well as an EMG PA-2 even before my wife got home from work to see it for the first time. (said guitar can be heard be as described here below using a POD XT live). When I bought it the action was what I would expect, generic. So I spent the time to set it up because much like yourself I'm sure this is just part of the life of a guitar player, including intonation which as you know sux on any rose (this one was a licensed rose). Over the years living in new England I'm not even going to guess how many times I have adjusted the truss rod, tension, string height...many more times than I have changed strings that's for sure :hihi:

Now if you go back a few pages you will see what I did now to the guitar but I'll recap...remember that kramer I just mentioned? 87 or 88 Ritchie Sambora. I took one of the pups from that guitar, an old handwired Duncan JB, two of the gold pup rings, the gold floyd rose from that guitar (not a re-release but a true original floyd rose) and put them in it along with a new duncan pearly gates I bought from wooly. I wired that like I said with a megaswitch (which is not even from korea, it's from germany) and for s&g decided to try an orange drop cap.

So you react to my saying that guitar plays great because it's an esp from korea just like you said? Maybe I'm being overly sensitive on this but it speaks directly to my point, that's a slap in the face. Give credit where credit is due, 10 years ago what that guitar was you could give the korean factory the credit for some (even then you know as I know that they may not have even used the same factory in korea the next year or the year after that). But the truth is this guitar is exactly what I said about guitar for me. I made it mine, I made it fantastic (for me YMMV) I set it up to work for me...not a factory worker in korea maybe last century.

Dude look at my Jet city amp and iso cab, I dont look at things like 99% of the world. I have no problem buying the concept and improving the the actual performance of things. So once again, I have thrived for over 40 years living this way always fueling my passion (whether anyone thinks I have talent matters not, I know how I have grown and that's all that matters) with gear people like you and a zillion others didn't like. The fact you say how many thousands of guitars you have tried just does nothing for your point, it only makes me more convinced you dont want to like many of the guitars you try.

So no my friend you were not right, it was a cheap guitar but it was what I could afford then and I knew playing it unplugged I would be able to improve it. I'll just say my other ESP/LTD MG 350FR is another one you have never liked, it isn't made in korea...I love it and all I have done to it is to put in a PA-2, add a 9v/18v option and swap the EMG 85 with an EMG 60. I dont expect anyone to like how I set up my guitars though.

Here's the link, once again whether you like the playing or not is moot...the song is old but how I wanted it to a "T". It does a good job getting the harmonics which is very important to me (though if I could re-amp it I could no doubt improve the tone ten fold to my ears)...also there is a fairly long intro before the electric guitar comes in

https://soundcloud.com/hink/aint-got-much-to-say
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

You couldn't pay me to get a floating tremelo arm. All the floating ones have messed up for me. Either with a Floyd Rose or with a Kalher. I had a lot of the higher end stuff too. Kramer, Charvel, BC Rich (made in USA not NJ or BC Rich America) they all gave out on me. I love parkers but everyone who tries it in up/down complains about it not resetting to zero.

Finally I gave up and got a Digitech Whammy pedal.

My Strat that will be turning 25 shortly is the only one that has remained tried and true but that's because it's a standard strat trem.

Nonetheless I'm still happy you are happy.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Here's a video from NAMM of our new Tone Bakery pedals, guitars, and amps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n7KLJm1 ... youtu.be&a

I love mine but I still have some trouble with really pulling back hard. However, if I do the "van halen" and go forward a bit they go right back in tune. Ironically even though I don't like the "zero" system on "red", it doesn't have this issue. Apparently, the edge pros need a little "love" on the knife edges even if they are new. I just haven't done it yet. Chapstick helps some though

Hink wrote:So you react to my saying that guitar plays great because it's an esp from korea just like you said? Maybe I'm being overly sensitive on this but it speaks directly to my point, that's a slap in the face. Give credit where credit is due, 10 years ago what that guitar was you could give the korean factory the credit for some (even then you know as I know that they may not have even used the same factory in korea the next year or the year after that). But the truth is this guitar is exactly what I said about guitar for me. I made it mine, I made it fantastic (for me YMMV) I set it up to work for me...not a factory worker in korea maybe last century.
Sure, I get that. And you're right, I was wrong in making a blanket statement about ALL Korean ESP's because my experience with Korean ESP's only goes back 6 or 7 years. Certainly not EVERY Korean ESP is going to be a winner, it just happens that every one I've played in the last 6 or 7 years has been. I apologize for making that blanket statement so carelessly and for making you feel that the effort you put into your guitar was being disregarded.

When I visited a guitar shopping mall in Seoul in 1995 (that's right, they had an entire mall devoted to guitars!!!), the guitars I played there were really poor quality. I think Korean factories have improved over the years, just as Japanese guitars improved in the late 80's, and just as Chinese factories are improving now. Unfortunately, this cost of building guitars in Korea has gone up tremendously yet they don't have the status Japan has, and that seems to be why Korean manufacturers have been moving their factories to other countries.

btw, I used to buy a lot of 1970's Ibanez rip-offs of Gibson and Fender when I was a teenager. They were usually under $200 and I thought they were excellent for the price. However, my 1982 Japanese Squier strat is pretty poor, the previous owner had upgraded its pickups, tuners, and nut, yet it's still a battle to play. It even has a bit of vintage status these days, which I personally think is ridiculous.

I just realized, I'm too old and dumb for this shit :lol: I know nothing about nothing. I don't have anywhere to put the caddy, so I try to focus on the pedals :hihi:

For BERFAB (or others :) )

I have circle K's on it right now........jury is still out. I like the low B but the E isn't really intonating right.

That's a beauty. :)
Blue Phase Music

I've had it a while now but BREFAB mentioned something similar to it and I had to show off a little.

Nice! :tu:
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

more crap I'll never own (and don't deserve anyways......)

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:So you react to my saying that guitar plays great because it's an esp from korea just like you said? Maybe I'm being overly sensitive on this but it speaks directly to my point, that's a slap in the face. Give credit where credit is due, 10 years ago what that guitar was you could give the korean factory the credit for some (even then you know as I know that they may not have even used the same factory in korea the next year or the year after that). But the truth is this guitar is exactly what I said about guitar for me. I made it mine, I made it fantastic (for me YMMV) I set it up to work for me...not a factory worker in korea maybe last century.
Sure, I get that. And you're right, I was wrong in making a blanket statement about ALL Korean ESP's because my experience with Korean ESP's only goes back 6 or 7 years. Certainly not EVERY Korean ESP is going to be a winner, it just happens that every one I've played in the last 6 or 7 years has been. I apologize for making that blanket statement so carelessly and for making you feel that the effort you put into your guitar was being disregarded.

When I visited a guitar shopping mall in Seoul in 1995 (that's right, they had an entire mall devoted to guitars!!!), the guitars I played there were really poor quality. I think Korean factories have improved over the years, just as Japanese guitars improved in the late 80's, and just as Chinese factories are improving now. Unfortunately, this cost of building guitars in Korea has gone up tremendously yet they don't have the status Japan has, and that seems to be why Korean manufacturers have been moving their factories to other countries.

btw, I used to buy a lot of 1970's Ibanez rip-offs of Gibson and Fender when I was a teenager. They were usually under $200 and I thought they were excellent for the price. However, my 1982 Japanese Squier strat is pretty poor, the previous owner had upgraded its pickups, tuners, and nut, yet it's still a battle to play. It even has a bit of vintage status these days, which I personally think is ridiculous.
thanx Eric but you didn't answer my question about what other company les paul I liked :hihi:

fwiw my next guitar will be for lack of a better term a default token tele custom (squire), it's possible by this time next week warmoth will be working on my "Z" body to complete about a 40 month project, my baritone. It started with a squire tele stripped down and a warmoth neck, I will free up the squire tele body and I still have all the parts so it will default back to a black tele custom. A squire of course, but my first real guitar was a black 72 tele custom that I did all kind of terrible things to...so that's the token part. One such thing was to put in a duncan invader, I have a duncan invader...hell I'll probably put the corny tape on the body like I did a lifetime ago.

It will make me smile when I look at it :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

hibidy wrote:For BERFAB (or others :) )

I have circle K's on it right now........jury is still out. I like the low B but the E isn't really intonating right.
Pretty! :love: :love:

I haven't sold the Ibanez bass yet because of all the chaos.. it needs adjustment, might be worth a trip to the doc. :?

I don't feel that I have the skill or inclination to do extensive mod work on my axes, but I do want to have things the way I like.. I'll probably be beer money for the local tech! :-o

I just wannaaaaaaaaa plaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy :hihi: :band2:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”