Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love web classifieds. Yesterday someone posted a very similar Ibanez 540S but from 1989. It was the same color. He wanted $300. I went to check it out, and the pickup selector is worn out and the tone control knob is loose. Nothing I can't fix, but we agreed on $150.

It plays really well but needs some TLC. Well worth $150 IMHO. :D
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote:I love web classifieds. Yesterday someone posted a very similar Ibanez 540S but from 1989. It was the same color. He wanted $300. I went to check it out, and the pickup selector is worn out and the tone control knob is loose. Nothing I can't fix, but we agreed on $150.

It plays really well but needs some TLC. Well worth $150 IMHO. :D
Wow, that sounds really cool!

pough wrote:
hibidy wrote:The F means is fujgian factory which is desirable.
Fujigen desu. Hmm... I may look at some FGN guitars when I go to Japan next month. :hyper:
Oh, they'll just have ones from Indonesia :hihi:

Actually, they have some of the really lovely guitars in Japan.

In japan they don't just love guitars they worship them. (seriously)

http://fretterverse.com/2010/12/20/japa ... han-we-do/
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

macmurphy wrote:i really need to get back in to playing the guitar regularly. i started at ten and i'm now forty but for the last ten or so years i have let things slide.

i bought AmpliTube during the recent promotion and it's definitely reignited my interest, in fact i was surprised how quickly things came back to me.
i've only got a lowly Squier Tele, although i do recall changing the pickups for more meat and girth.

i think if i get back into playing on a regular basis i'll buy a 'proper' guitar considering this is my fortieth year :D

neil.
Gonna pimp it again because it helped me a lot, get one of these and put it next to your couch.

I play something every day now, even if I don't feel like plugging in the electric. It's a lot of fun to solo over commercials. Oh yea, helping you sell that crap (in my mind) with a screaming guitalele solo!

Just pulled the trigger on this.
2008 american deluxe ash.
:D
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Looks great!!!! but I'll be it doesn't sound that good w/o the strings :ud:

hibidy wrote:Looks great!!!! but I'll be it doesn't sound that good w/o the strings :ud:
It'll sound a lot worse when I put strings on it. Trust me on that. :-)

sure no one cares but i got moved into Texas, got a bass vi. It is awesome. Awesome. Intonation?

werp wrote:Just pulled the trigger on this.
2008 american deluxe ash.
:D
joy, heaven
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

^^^
hasn't been shipped yet. the dude was visiting family..sigh.
I knew visiting family was a bad idea, I never sank that low...
not a mark on it from the photographs. strap locks included as a bonus, matches what I already use.
Is the trem stable on these things?

define stable? I mean a lot of people hate locking nut tremolos but I think they are incredibly stable and once you know the tricks* to tuning them it's a snap. (I realize yours is not a locking tremolo, just a stock Fender) You wont have much in the way of pitching up (or pulling back) on the Fender whammy but you'll get fine divebombs. If you break a string the other five will go out of tune.

*FTR the tricks I use is I adjust the tension via the screws on the claw for the whammy springs, over tune it (so all the strings a re a bit too high, not a lot too high though) and then tune down to get it in tune. I Use to use a clip I designed that locked the bar in place by wedging in between the block and the body (both in front and behind the block), because I use a lot of tunings I would haveto adjust the tension a lot and when the clip slid out with ease it was the right tension. That works well but truth be told it's an extra few steps but tuning down is quick, simple and it works. :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

My "next" bass turned out to be one I already had and suddenly got back into after neglecting it for two or three years. My natural finish Ibanez ATK, the one with the Nordstrand pickup that's strung with TI Jazz Flats. Paid a whopping $275 for it on talkbass. It plays great (previous owner had a tech do some fret work) and it records great. The combo of that Nordie MM pickup and the TI's puts out a nice tone with a solid fundamental and a good midrange bark that cuts through, but without the clanking fret/string noise and ringing harmonics that can add clutter to higher frequency ranges in a mix with roundwounds.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Ibanez S5570Q Prestige in Purple Doom burst. Oh yes, it will be mine.
Meh.

Vectorman wrote:My "next" bass turned out to be one I already had and suddenly got back into after neglecting it for two or three years. My natural finish Ibanez ATK, the one with the Nordstrand pickup that's strung with TI Jazz Flats. Paid a whopping $275 for it on talkbass. It plays great (previous owner had a tech do some fret work) and it records great. The combo of that Nordie MM pickup and the TI's puts out a nice tone with a solid fundamental and a good midrange bark that cuts through, but without the clanking fret/string noise and ringing harmonics that can add clutter to higher frequency ranges in a mix with roundwounds.
Cool man, always liked those basses

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”