Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wakey wakey....... :hihi:

I think I'm about 78% sure I know my next guitar:

OMG HIBIDY, NOT ANOTHER IBANEZ!!!!!! :x

Well, lemme explain :hihi:

I've actually been looking for 6'er that I can drop tune on. My search has me at about 1300-1400 bucks for another Carvin, but I hate the idea of spending that kinda coin for a drop-tune only guitar. Then it hit me.........small fingers or not......get a 7. Now we're talking :D

I can always take the plunge, and send it back if it sucks. I think a drop A 7 string would fill my need for more low end nicely and I only need to be able to do it for the first 5-10 frets.

Crazy? Like a fox? Like a car-fox? I'm not a furry, but that is the cutest fox ever......yeah.......I'm crazy.......

Nice!

Ever considered a baritone?
Last edited by Uncle E on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wish you the best with that hibidy. Not my cup of tea, maybe this will be the ibby cure all for you.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Uncle E wrote:Nice! I like that it's a Prestige, any less and it's not a real Ibanez.

Ever considered a baritone?
I don't like the longer scale, but I have considered it.

And yes, I learned my "cheaper/premium" lesson.

I trying to sell my last Ibanez RG and after stop Ibanez... at the same price you can find an ESP that are very Metal GUITARS! ;-)

you know what? My daughter's 200 dollar ibby bass (PJ) is awesome, I have been using that with my big Frenzel using a kt-88 power tube and using the Fender input/voicing...honestly one of the better bass tones I have had myself and I love how the bass plays. Meanwhile my ibby prestige is one of my least used guitars, that and the equally expensive Jackson Kelly. :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Turello wrote:I trying to sell my last Ibanez RG and after stop Ibanez... at the same price you can find an ESP that are very Metal GUITARS! ;-)
Not quite. You can get an LTD, not an "esp". ESP's are really expensive and you have to order them from Japan most of the time.

I already know I like prestige ibbys. The one "real" one I have is just sick. Very high craftsmanship, very playable, and I admit......I've always loved that look :shrug:

The one I bought and took back had nothing to do with quality or tone. I just didn't need a second one with a bridge that wasn't even as good as what I had. The thing sounded great though, and was a looker. I had buyers remorse.

Here's an actual ESP.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JVON5Q2/ref ... B00JVON5Q2

I don't want to spend that much, and I want either a japan/usa guitar.

Turello wrote:I trying to sell my last Ibanez RG and after stop Ibanez... at the same price you can find an ESP that are very Metal GUITARS! ;-)
My ESP/LTD MH-350FR is one of my most played guitars, it has a FR Classic that has been slammed by some people in this thread and frankly I dont see why besides it just looks a bit cheaper. The guitar stays in tune better than my ibby prestige does, I like the FR better than the ibby edge and while I am a big fan of the wizard neck I prefer the warmoth wizard. The ibby neck is about 1/32" wider than other guitars, I dont dislike it but as I recall Hibidy found he was having hand issues and wondered if that was the cause. Meanwhile I love the ESP Thin U neck contour (as much as my Warmoth Wizard), I have small hands and it fits me perfect and even my ultra cheap ESP/LTD MG-750 has a fantastic neck, I bought that around the year 2K for under 300 dollars. (and put an EMG 81 and an EMG 89 when it I brought it home)

Between the two ESPs I paid less than the original asking price for the ibby or my Jackson Kelly, so I agree 100%. :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

My only slamming of the FR is that many many people have an issue with them not staying tightened and unscrewing. Other than that, mine stayed in tune really well. I miss that guitar BTW, I just couldn't deal with the block neck joint (I couldn't even play an A blues scale up high :? )

hibidy wrote:Here's an actual ESP.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JVON5Q2/ref ... B00JVON5Q2

I don't want to spend that much, and I want either a japan/usa guitar.
Mine which is an LTD was 599 when I bought it (it's more now) and frankly I dont want a USA guitar at all that I didn't build. USA=three more letters to raise the price even more by rip-off companies playing on the superficiality of your average guitar player :shrug:

hibidy wrote:My only slamming of the FR is that many many people have an issue with them not staying tightened and unscrewing. Other than that, mine stayed in tune really well. I miss that guitar BTW, I just couldn't deal with the block neck joint (I couldn't even play an A blues scale up high :? )
you see I like my bar hanging loose, I dont like snap in bars and also the ibby bar sits lower and closer to the bridge than the FR. Of course I adjust to that in seconds but I am more use to the FR ;)

BTW I never saw you slam the FR classic :)

According Me also are better than LTD Ibanez (most are treated in the assembly), but then it is also a matter of taste...
For example, over time I've learned to hate the Floyd Rose, the 24 keys, the Keylock etc etc...

At this time I will gladly exchange it my Ibanez with a simple Squier Telecaster..! ;-)

PS: 6 strings are enough for Me! :lol:

Turello wrote:According Me also are better than LTD Ibanez (most are treated in the assembly), but then it is also a matter of taste...
For example, over time I've learned to hate the Floyd Rose, the 24 keys, the Keylock etc etc...

At this time I will gladly exchange it my Ibanez with a simple Squier Telecaster..! ;-)

PS: 6 strings are enough for Me! :lol:
I dont understand what you are saying. LTD is ESP's budget line so to speak and fwiw most guitars built overseas are farmed out to factories. The same factory with the same workers can be making an LTD one day and a Schecter the next.

FWIW, I agree on six strings..I am too old and fear the wider neck for 7 and 8 strings might hurt my hands :)

Hink, my ideal guitars are Les Paul, Telecaster, G&L, some PRS but my next war* guitar (*= for all jobs) will be a simple LTD M-50 or M-10 customized with the best electronic possible (passive), brass nut, reverse headstock (I'm 70 addicted!), a Bill Lawrence XL 500 on bridge and a Seymour Duncan Super 59 on neck (all passive), Gotoh machine heads and Wilkinson Bridge (If the M-50) and nothing else, so I have both 70 and some 90 sounds! ;-)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”