Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Absolutely. And I always have good prices.

Pleased to see you finally "manned up" for a 7 Chris, Kind of shocked at the same time.

The most interesting semi hollow I've seen recently is the Musicman Axis Super Sport Semi hollow body. Those PRS models really do not sound very much different than their solid equivalents to me, Perhaps the single cut being the biggest exception as their is a lot more depth to work with. Never liked PRS's humbuckers either personally except the set in the Dave Grissom model, Still not really suited to my playing style even though I can appreciate, Throbak pickups offer a model which to my ears sound really damned close to PRS Grissom sig model pickups, Criminally priced http://www.throbak.com/custom-shop.html but cheaper than a DGT at the same time, As said not really suitable for me but yeah sound really nice and sweet. I'm still loving that Lundgren in my M80M, Seriously good pickup and versatile beyond high-gain metal/"djent". Best way I can describe it is Duncan Distortion mated with a DiMarzio P.A.F. Pro then add some clarity at really high-gain and immensely down-tuned with quick and accurate low-end tracking and you guys ought to get an idea of the type I'm talking about. Yeah not a mention of my beloved EMG85/707 or Bare Knuckle Warpig & Aftermaths, It is of course just a phase which I go through. Since I've moved house and not got any of my gear setup except a few pedals and DSL50 with 4x12" + certain axes to wield; I've been playing a whole lot more

Hope you are all well chaps, Only got the interwebz back a few days ago, So am a bit behind :)

Dean

Pleased to see you finally "manned up" for a 7 Chris, Kind of shocked at the same time.

The most interesting semi hollow I've seen recently is the Musicman Axis Super Sport Semi hollow body. Those PRS models really do not sound very much different than their solid equivalents to me, Perhaps the single cut being the biggest exception as their is a lot more depth to work with. Never liked PRS's humbuckers either personally except the set in the Dave Grissom model, Still not really suited to my playing style even though I can appreciate, Throbak pickups offer a model which to my ears sound really damned close to PRS Grissom sig model pickups, Criminally priced http://www.throbak.com/custom-shop.html the exceptionally anal strive for vintage correct bits here :hihi: http://www.throbak.com/paf-pickups.html but cheaper than a DGT at the same time, As said not really suitable for me but yeah sound really nice and sweet. I'm still loving that Lundgren in my M80M, Seriously good pickup and versatile beyond high-gain metal/"djent". Best way I can describe it is Duncan Distortion mated with a DiMarzio P.A.F. Pro then add some clarity at really high-gain and immensely down-tuned with quick and accurate low-end tracking and you guys ought to get an idea of the type I'm talking about. Yeah not a mention of my beloved EMG85/707 or Bare Knuckle Warpig & Aftermaths, It is of course just a phase which I go through. Since I've moved house and not got any of my gear setup except a few pedals and DSL50 with 4x12" + certain axes to wield; I've been playing a whole lot more

Hope you are all well chaps, Only got the interwebz back a few days ago, So am a bit behind :)

Dean
Last edited by Dean Aka Nekro on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are back online.

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Pleased to see you finally "manned up" for a 7 Chris, Kind of shocked at the same time.
I shocked myself :shrug:

I'm surprised I can play it at all but I love it so far (except the headstock/body not being exact. Going pretty whimp school on strings right now, but might experiment with something heavier later.

Being a cash waster, I actually bought that "jimmy clip" for it. Not bad, a little over-glorified but fits onto my stuff better than the gruv straps I bought. Those always hug up over the nut which is not really what I like and mine don't fit a 7 so I thought I'd just try this. It's not worth 30 bucks but I saw someone using one on my exact model and thought it look better than a scrunchy :hihi:

I've always wanted one of those things that Jennifer Batton used to use. They're still available, shockingly enough, but they you have to drill holes into your headstock. Do you remember what an awesome player she was?

I've used socks and yes 'scrunchys', Not yet dug deep for a dedicated jimmy clip...I'm too cheap :)

Uncle E wrote:I've always wanted one of those things that Jennifer Batton used to use. They're still available, shockingly enough, but they you have to drill holes into your headstock. Do you remember what an awesome player she was?
Can not be worse than Uncle Seymour creating the Full Shred just for Nancy Wilson (or could it!?!)
That takes a lot of Heart

Uncle E wrote:I've always wanted one of those things that Jennifer Batton used to use. They're still available, shockingly enough, but they you have to drill holes into your headstock. Do you remember what an awesome player she was?
She's great. She gave up on ibbys though last time I checked.

hibidy wrote:
She's great. She gave up on ibbys though last time I checked.
Yeah- she plays a Variax these days; she was playing her signature Washburn before that. Jennifer has serious chops; the first time I heard her ('86 maybe? It was when she was with Purl, anyways), my jaw hit the floor.

ew
A spectral heretic...

She's still awesome, but yeah that thing on the headstock I've seen on her guitars... Love what she does though.

I'm eyeballing Suhr Modern Satin. With a sodding Floyd, because I miss all the things you can do with one that actually works right. Will not change string gauge. Will NOT change string gauge... :lol:

The problem with me getting a suhr is that I'd have to come up with 2500 ish bucks in one shot. With guitars like the one I just got, it's a 12mo no interest thing.

We just built this, Tone Bakery Guitars Serial Number 0001. It's an Imbuia top on a Mahogany back, with a Maple neck (big '59 Les Paul neck profile) and a Pau Ferro fingerboard. The P90 pickups are Seymour Duncans and the third knob is a blend pot for the bridge and neck. It has a Wilkinson tremolo, Gotoh staggered locking tuners, and a hand-cut bone nut.
ImageImageImage

hibidy wrote:The problem with me getting a suhr is that I'd have to come up with 2500 ish bucks in one shot. With guitars like the one I just got, it's a 12mo no interest thing.
The new Classic Pros are $1,999 and we can discount that.

Uncle E wrote:We just built this, Tone Bakery Guitars Serial Number 0001. It's an Imbuia top on a Mahogany back, with a Maple neck (big '59 Les Paul neck profile) and a Pau Ferro fingerboard. The P90 pickups are Seymour Duncans and the third knob is a blend pot for the bridge and neck. It has a Wilkinson tremolo, Gotoh staggered locking tuners, and a hand-cut bone nut.
ImageImageImage
WOW, that's is a looker!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”