Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love the Ormsby
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

werp wrote:Shark II has arrived.
ImageImage
Never seen that bridge before. More space for the string to rest on instead of the usual TOM bridge. It must have better intonation and tuning stability. Right?

Still have it, still want it, still can't afford it. I should write a book. Maybe it would sell, then I could afford it, then I could buy it.........nah.

incubus wrote:
Strange. If pushed "down" it had this "over the top" sticking/clicking issue. Someone else close to me (in the store today :lol: ) said the same thing..........WTF????? It's not like anything I've witnessed lifetime. But, that dude is the same dude that isn't an idiot (not sure I can explain but helped with the 7 string KM7 I love dearly)
I've seen that. What's happening is that the knife edge on the trem base plate isn't lined up exactly with the grooves in the studs. Here's what to do:

1) Loosen up the strings
2) Pull back on the trem base a bit and line it up with the studs. Start to retighten the strings, and make sure
the knife edges stay in the middle of the grooves.
3) Retune. Done.

If that doesn't fix it, check the knife edges for nicks.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Daimonicon wrote:
werp wrote:Shark II has arrived.
ImageImage
Never seen that bridge before. More space for the string to rest on instead of the usual TOM bridge. It must have better intonation and tuning stability. Right?
That bridge was custom designed for that guitar. you may not see it on anything else :-)
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

incubus wrote:Still have it, still want it, still can't afford it. I should write a book. Maybe it would sell, then I could afford it, then I could buy it.........nah.

that's rather gorgeous!
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

My next guitar was a surprise. Ended up with a 58 aged lp. Don't normally like the historic stuff. But, this thing plays and sounds incredible.

Last edited by SJ_Digriz on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LOL, I think I'm the anti-werp. He goes for the off the beaten path stuff. I'm stuck trying to fill all the bog standard niches. Rosewood tele niche now filled.

edit, n/m
Last edited by incubus on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

I learned on a 57 strat. The heel isn't a problem.

a lot of beautiful, beautiful guitars these past pages.

on the cheap guitar front, i picked up 2 revvs ('t' and an 'rg'), and 2 monoprice ('t' and an 's') -- all 4 for less than $400 combined. the monoprice 's' is probably my fav. the frets arrived, smoother on the edges than just about anything.

this guitar was $76 on sale, + another 15% off bonus:

got this 'california classic' and a 'metallic blue retrovision' for $176 including shipping...

Speaking of neck heels and cheap guitars, I picked up a Fender MIM hardtail strat body where the neck heel had been hacked up in someone's half-assed attempt at replicating the Warmoth contoured heel. We took a belt sander and dremel to it, completely evening it out and making it look something like the Washburn Nuno Bettencourt neck heel, then stained it and sealed it with Tru Oil. It's actually a pretty killer body, made of lightweight alder and finished in sea foam green, and the new shaved down heel feels great!

does anybody have any tips for removing a stripped truss rod nut? about 18 months ago i stupidly decided to adjust a neck while extremely stressed out and completely screwed it up :x

incubus wrote:edit, n/m
no need to edit .. everyone has their thing on what is important on a guitar. The thread is here to voice those feelings. I certainly took no offense to your preference.

My carvin is gone :lol:

Probably werp bought it :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”