Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's why when guitarists of years gone back would always run the synth with a relatively slow attack and still run the guitar tone. Blending the two rather than opting to just play the synth tones.

It takes awhile (a long one) with lots of patience and working out with a metronome to get ahead of the beat while playing so that when it does come out it sounds on top of the beat. (Been there done that)

What's funny is after many many years of playing synth guitars with various incarnations when I finally got my ztar and plugged straight midi out to a straight midi in of hardware gear I was shocked at the speed of response which was under 2 mil. It was so fast (especially wearing headphones) I had to go back to a metronome and even out my timing as I was always playing ahead of the beat.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

incubus wrote:Not my "next" guitar but I'm kinda pissed at my 7 string right now. I cannot get the 7th string to intonate after the string change :x

And I'm really in the mood to do some work with it :shrug:

I could have left it alone and it was fine :cry:
I'm terrible with setup work. All my guitars really need to be taken to a tech.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote:
incubus wrote:Not my "next" guitar but I'm kinda pissed at my 7 string right now. I cannot get the 7th string to intonate after the string change :x

And I'm really in the mood to do some work with it :shrug:

I could have left it alone and it was fine :cry:
I'm terrible with setup work. All my guitars really need to be taken to a tech.
It was fine before (though the strings were a little, well loved :hihi: )

Fight fight fight, it's what I do with this stuff :lol: (but I still love it)

Holy f!!!!!

940,000 views on this thread???????

:o

got a 'dean vendetta xm' for $42, but maybe it was a scam. still waiting for shipping notice and tracking number. paulownia body.

it's basically a $100 guitar... was about to pull the trigger on 4 more, to re-sell on reverb, but notice(d) the seller was brand new to ebay, and it was the only thing they were selling... been there done that...

Well, maybe it will be ok.

Yeah, ebay and incubus....two ships never passing in the night :hihi:

One never knows with cheap guitar prices.

I can recall this one I bought for $60. Had to replace the tuners the nut the pups and the bridge. It was a fine guitar after that but the prior owner wanted to buy it back for $60. Laughed in his face (pre internet)

Actually I've gotten some great deals via ebay. Just not in the sub 300 range.

looks like the dean is at least $120, but more like $150 from most sellers. at the time, there was a 2nd seller, going for $99, and it kept showing up 'in tandem' with the $42 one, so the less expensive one looked like about half price.

the $42 one has since been removed by ebay, along with the $99 one. so maybe it was a 'dual scam'. now that those 'deals' are taken down, the normal price seems to be roughly $150... sigh/lol

Xiangqi wrote:that's actually phreaking awesome
8D
Thanks mate,
I'll make some neew demos soon

they're on their way:

so, this new version has a fixed bridge, and the pickup -- instead of being 'toward the middle' -- is much closer to the bridge.

looks like they 'sexed up' the sky blue from before...

less than $65 strat clone: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jameson-ST-Blac ... 1986232978

the seller says it's very lightweight. if that's the case, it should be an 'asian hardwood' (rubber tree) body.

best guess is that the pickups are in the range of a 'monoprice california classic'... quite a bit of rasp... not one of your smoother single coils...

will have to check it out...

wow, i had this G&L ASCARI for $299, and for months, that seemed like the going rate -- $300.

i know that 24.75" scale isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for all of its quirkiness that guitar sounds great with its P90s.

today, these things are going for upwards of $500.

if i regret having sold one guitar, it was that one...

so anyway, the other day i'm toying with the idea of getting another one ('it's only $300'...), but wow the price has gone up...

maybe will have to get a G&L Legacy 'strat' instead... now _that_ has some smooth single coils...

here's the apparent 'companion piece' to the ASCARI, the Fiorano...

very nice... 25.5" but with a 'gibson' style headstock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-L-Tribute-Fio ... 2936661838

I have to drop in every once in a great while to interject some bass content. Recently picked up a Schecter Stiletto Session 5. I already have the 4-string Stiletto Session fretless and really like its tone, so I decided to get its fretted 5-string sibling. Their Session line is a pretty cost-effective way to get into a well-constructed bass with active EMG's if you like that sound (EMG DC bridge and EMG J in neck position). I had this bass PLEK'ed so it plays with a smoothness more like what you'd expect from a pricier, domestically-made instrument.

Now I need to sell off another bass or two (I've already sold two in the last month). I can cover most of the ground I need to with these two Session basses and lately I'm getting tired of having "debris" around (stuff I hardly ever use).
Schecter_Session5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”