Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the reply. :)

I can try the RGRT in person, but not the slightly more expensive one.

Still developing skills, but getting there. Ibanez seems like good value for money, from what I see.

Slim necks don't equate to fast necks for all people. It really depends on the person. Yngwie Malmsteen plays a standard C type neck with a scalloped fretboard. If you play with scalloped frets you quickly learn to control how much pressure you don't need to lock down the neck. I've had several varieties of guitars over the years and while there are one's that I'd never consider owning due to neck size and action I've also known quite a number of rather fast guitarists who relish those necks simply because of their size relative to the guitar's size.

I have one "slim" neck profile guitar in my collection currently. It doesn't pass the penny test but plays comfortably enough for me. Nonetheless I prefer my "Standard C" and "Standard D" shaped necks. Super thin necks such as wizard necks have always been impractical to me and are more prone to warping than conventional necks While I was a huge fan of them in the 80's That's worn off by having to deal with neck twisting due to lack of proper support. A truss rod does help when it comes to excessive bowing or back bow but it's not a cureall and can't fix a warped neck. Most tech's I know are unwilling to pull a Dan Erwine and pull off the fretboard, twist back the neck and insert graphite rods.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

It affects the tone, as well. My Ibanez has a 5-piece neck plus the fretboard, that helps make it more rigid but the tone will never be the same as my Telecaster with a Warmoth Fatback neck.

Uncle E wrote:It affects the tone, as well. My Ibanez has a 5-piece neck plus the fretboard, that helps make it more rigid but the tone will never be the same as my Telecaster with a Warmoth Fatback neck.
:tu:

The size of the necks makes a HUGE difference to the overall tone of the guitar...

It's not rocket science...it's physics...

Mass = sustain...

Mr preference is the Warmoth boat or fatback maple necks with ebony fingerboards and stainless steel frets on single piece mahogany bodies...

It's a winning combination :wink:
No auto tune...

for all of its reputation for being 'cheap', there's something to be said for a paulownia body... ymmv

but yeah, mahogany body with a fat neck... sounds like a winner ...

on the subject of the RGs in general, is it possible that with downtuning to Eb and beyond, that the neck chance of neck warping might be mitigated? or maybe then if you didn't have 'enough tension' then it would warp 'the other direction'... i have no idea... just throwing that out there..

This is a synth forum, not a guitar forum. Get with the program, plank wankers! ;-)

Sorry Mr Ed, that'll be jaaath wanker to you...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

f hole!

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:45 pmf hole!
Hollow body guitar, Fender Amp..I have become the middle class weekend guitar tosser I once so despised as a young indie stripling (ok, I've always been fat...). Might try voting tory next. :scared:

youll be eating bagels and houmous soon :o

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:04 pm youll be eating bagels and houmous soon :o
I do like houmous. Bagels are just shit bread though.

tbf its a nice looking guitar 8)

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 pm Might try voting tory next. :scared:
Buying you a cape and spandex pants for christmas
:hihi:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

thanks for "that" image just before bedtime :lol:

SJ_Digriz wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:48 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 pm Might try voting tory next. :scared:
Buying you a cape and spandex pants for christmas
:hihi:
It might be cold - cape might come in useful..Spandex pants - can't see it happening with my dodgy bollock. :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”