M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:if it a long tedious job, why dont each of you agree on one banks to port and then trade files?
Already up to patch 15 on bank B. that was my thought exactly. Someone want to start saving bank C or D?

Don't forget to keep same numbering scheme, I.e. 001 patchX.txt, 002 patchY.txt, etc (but using real names of course).
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Mines back in its box, but i can do some tomorrow....

Kriminal wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:I see now. You can populate the banks yourself by having established communication to VenomEd and manually switching to bank you want to save the presets and letting VenomEd update the controls, then hit save. It will ask where you want to save and just save in bank folder the corresponds with correct bank you are saving. Text file will already be named the same as the patch after Venom updates via USB midi as you change the preset or banks by Venom controls.

Do individually for all presets and you will populate all 4 banks easy enough. Same with organizing by category. MKDR has laid out the folders already. We just need to save under category also. I suspect an hour or two going through individual presets and saving in bank folder, then second save in category would have everything nice and populated.
Hit save in venomed? I dont think you can save ftom the venom to venomed...not sure i follow. :?
VenomEd will update itself with patch you are manually selecting using the synth knob. Place single on bank C ON THE SYNTH, then wait a few seconds as VenomEd updates with correct settings and patch name, then hit save in VenomEd and choose the correct bank folder and rename by placing appropriate number before the name with a space between number and patch name.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I'll try to get through bank B today. It's tedious and I got other stuff to do also, but I think a few of us could knock out the banks in a few days time.

We get em done and email em to MKDR to include in updated VenomEd. Should be cool.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:I see now. You can populate the banks yourself by having established communication to VenomEd and manually switching to bank you want to save the presets and letting VenomEd update the controls, then hit save. It will ask where you want to save and just save in bank folder the corresponds with correct bank you are saving. Text file will already be named the same as the patch after Venom updates via USB midi as you change the preset or banks by Venom controls.

Do individually for all presets and you will populate all 4 banks easy enough. Same with organizing by category. MKDR has laid out the folders already. We just need to save under category also. I suspect an hour or two going through individual presets and saving in bank folder, then second save in category would have everything nice and populated.
Hit save in venomed? I dont think you can save ftom the venom to venomed...not sure i follow. :?
VenomEd will update itself with patch you are manually selecting using the synth knob. Place single on bank C ON THE SYNTH, then wait a few seconds as VenomEd updates with correct settings and patch name, then hit save in VenomEd and choose the correct bank folder and rename by placing appropriate number before the name with a space between number and patch name.
Cool, thanks :)

thought i'd make an effort...got up to #36 in Bank D and then saving stopped...no txt files show up in browser :cry:

(all files are actually there tho)

EDIT: VST and Standalone wont see or save text files anymore :roll:

I'm up to 100 on bank B. did have a glitch around number 88 and had to press the request button once, but good after that.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

That wasn't so bad. Done with Bank B singles. Now what to do here? MKDR - do you want these zipped and emailed to you or can we attach them here? Oh, I just previewed and you cant attach files here for download....
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

if i load the last one i saved (036) and attempt to save that, it works fine, but move up to 037 and text files are not seen and cannot save. Frustrating to say the least.

seems 037 is a problem, working again from 038 onwards :? :?:

I'm starting in on D...
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

im up to 50, try # 37 please

got the same behavior here too. Must be a bug in VenomEd on user banks.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

up to 062 on Bank D, but had to skip that #037. Weird.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”