M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Breakmixer and Debra1rlo! That worked for Live! Very cool. So host application cannot name those ports. Just leave them blank. On the input for Live's track, just select All ins, then in VenomEd choose the synth in and synth out ports. Cool.

I'll start testing now.

:hihi:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

You got it! :D

Initially couldn't get the Midi to work i got the error message that they were already in use (and when i tried to assign them.)

but to fix it :
All I had to do was disable the Venom in FLStudio's Midi settings. leaving it open for the editor to take control of.

Like everyone else I had to set local control off and midi control to USB of course, but it really does do a great job as far as I can tell, I'm a bit of a slow sound designer and the time limit runs out before i get anything serious worked through but so far so good!

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

I havent been able to try the editor.

Except for Multis.
Does it do all of the original editor? for exmaple full modulation matrix access (the original editor seems quite complex in this aspect)? Are all parameters avalible? Waveform display and waveform name? FX control? Audio input settings? Arpeggio Editor?

I wish I had the time to test it, but I don't at the moment.

mkdr wrote::wheee: :party:

http://youtu.be/XGN-JXVELd8

Download the Beta/Demo installer from here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/MKDR_Ve ... b_demo.exe
Alright!! :D Thanks mkdr!! :) I'm on the road right now but will check it when I get home Monday!! 8)
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Gothbat13 wrote:Initially couldn't get the Midi to work i got the error message that they were already in use (and when i tried to assign them.)

but to fix it :
All I had to do was disable the Venom in FLStudio's Midi settings. leaving it open for the editor to take control of.

Like everyone else I had to set local control off and midi control to USB of course, but it really does do a great job as far as I can tell, I'm a bit of a slow sound designer and the time limit runs out before i get anything serious worked through but so far so good!

Disable synth in/Midi in in the input selection? Doesn't work for me in FL. Am I supposed to leave the ports blank in the output selection?

I have no midi and no sound unless I do it the the MIDI OUT way as I do for any other hardware.
It's most likely me but I just don't get it.
Anyone care to do a step by step FL10 guide. I'm lost here :(

How are the chorus and flanger fx soundng?

K-Bee wrote:
Gothbat13 wrote:Initially couldn't get the Midi to work i got the error message that they were already in use (and when i tried to assign them.)

but to fix it :

Disable synth in/Midi in in the input selection? Doesn't work for me in FL. Am I supposed to leave the ports blank in the output selection?

I have no midi and no sound unless I do it the the MIDI OUT way as I do for any other hardware.
It's most likely me but I just don't get it.
Anyone care to do a step by step FL10 guide. I'm lost here :(
Are 'Venom Synth In' and 'Venom Synth Out' options available in the editor and Daw?

If so when you assign them, do you get a message when trying to assign 'Venom Synth In' to VenomEd that it is already in use, if so your host is using the 'Venom Synth In' you need to go into your midi settings in FL and deactivate the 'Venom Synth In', i.e. in Cubase 5 I have this set-up...(the bracket are to say what it really means as an X is positive i.e. yes in Cubase), Also notice I have Direct Music active, whatever that is?

Direct Music Venom Synth In Visible X(yes) Active X(yes)

Windows Midi Venom Synth In Visible X(yes) Inactive(no, this is not active)

Make sure you have Local set to 'off' and Venom hardware set to 'USB' using the edit function of the hardware and the appropriate key on the Venom keyboard, and that midi channel is set to 1.

I know I'm using Cubase but I'm sure it's something you have set-up wrongly - if this doesn't help a fellow FL user should be able to help you here...

@K-Bee
This is how my settings look in FL:

I still get the message that the in/out is in use, but it still works. You may need to manually click on the green squares at the top right to assign the MIDI ports - I needed to do this the first time after "disabling" the venom's MIDI ports in FL. I originally had Venom set up on port 3, and that definitely didn't work with the VST.

I have the venom's audio then routed to my mixer, so I can monitor it and choose to record it if I want to. In theory you can record audio using the USB cable (after switching the audio device in FL), but because the venom only uses 44.1k and my other interface is set to run at 48k, switching the sample rate is also necessary which also means reloading the project in FL. In theory you could also use Asio4All to have access to multiple Asio devices at the same time in FL - as long as they all use the same sample rate, IIRC.

Thanks sjm, I'll have a look and get back here. :)

breakmixer wrote:Are 'Venom Synth In' and 'Venom Synth Out' options available in the editor and Daw?
In DAW, yes. Where are they located in the VenomEd? I've clicked everything :?

K-Bee wrote:
breakmixer wrote:Are 'Venom Synth In' and 'Venom Synth Out' options available in the editor and Daw?
Top right section of the editor. The two green squares. If you click the green squares you should have the option to pick venom synth in and venom synth out. When I had a conflict with mine, the squares actually had red arrows show up pointing to them to signal I had an issue. You can see them in the editor screenshot in this thread a few posts back.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

K-Bee wrote:

Top right green squares in the editor to select the in/out.

If there's a problem, there's a red arrow that points at the square with issues.

Click on the square to access the available ports:

Found it and configured it. Hidden well, I'd have to say.
No red arrows but unfortunately no sound either.
Some midi messages are going through, the right square flashes when I press keys on the venom.
FL midi settings are just like the ones sjm posted.

I'm about to give up here. :(

K-Bee wrote:Found it and configured it. Hidden well, I'd have to say.
No red arrows but unfortunately no sound either.
Some midi messages are going through, the right square flashes when I press keys on the venom.
FL midi settings are just like the ones sjm posted.

I'm about to give up here. :(
Turn everything off/on including PC, do a soft reset holiding 'both octave' buttons on hardware, check your midi channel used on the hardware(edit>key board), must be set to midi channel 1, reboot the daw. also check Venom hardware is set to USB using edit on hardware. It will work, something is not right still.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”