M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That makes a lot of sense Wormhelmet. I din't think of trying it out in another host. Might try that just to eliminate any potential FL issues.
if it works in another host, I'm just a bad FL user :hihi:
All this and more, tomorrow.

It's been my experience that FL is hands down THE most finicky plugin host.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Kriminal wrote:How are the chorus and flanger fx soundng?
Anyone got a couple of examples of flanged pads....nice and goth sounding...?

mkdr wrote:Image
Aaah...

that wasn't obvious at all, but I've got it now.

sjm wrote:
mkdr wrote:Image
Aaah...

that wasn't obvious at all, but I've got it now.
Yeah, ok. I might be too used to it. Other synths have it like this too. Saves some space from the gui too ;)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

CapnLockheed wrote:It's been my experience that FL is hands down THE most finicky plugin host.
Since english isn't my first language I really had to look up "finicky" up. I suppose the meaning "difficult to please" is the definition you're aiming at.
Funny really, I haven't had anything yet FL wouldn't eat. Also, I usually don't really know what I'm doing when making music. Changing DAW now would make me even more lost :hihi:
the only vst I've given up on is Proteus VX since it causes instant BSOD on my system.
Anyway, I'm back in front my gear now and I'll fiddle a bit and see if I can get VenomEd up and running today. I'll try Minihost (downloading now) and see if it makes any difference. :)

VenomEd doesn't work in MiniHost for me either. I think I'm done spending time on this now. I'll stick with Vyzex and just use Venom like any other hardware synth in FL.
I guess this wasn't meant to be. :(

K-Bee wrote:VenomEd doesn't work in MiniHost for me either. I think I'm done spending time on this now. I'll stick with Vyzex and just use Venom like any other hardware synth in FL.
I guess this wasn't meant to be. :(
VenomEd works in Minihost for me. Did you go in the midi setup and deselect all inputs and outputs?

In Minihost, nothing should be checked for midi in/out. You check those in VenomEd instead. You might get a pop up saying there are no inputs and outputs available still, but clicking on the green buttons should show Venom Synth in, venom synth out in their respective places.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Just to be sure, you aren't running vysex and VenomEd at the same time, right?
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

One other thin, K-Bee - you have switched to single mode on the Venom, right?

K-Bee wrote: Disable synth in/Midi in in the input selection? Doesn't work for me in FL. Am I supposed to leave the ports blank in the output selection?

I have no midi and no sound unless I do it the the MIDI OUT way as I do for any other hardware.
It's most likely me but I just don't get it.
Anyone care to do a step by step FL10 guide. I'm lost here :(

Hi there. I have FL10 myself too. I'm not usign it as my main host, but i just tested how to get the VenomEd working on it. Basicly you need to make sure your Venom Synth midiports are not in use by FL(or anything else). You might need to restart the host after you have changed the settings. Then you can load up the plugin and select it's input and output to be the Venom Synth ports.

However. If you plan on using Venom as your main keyboard (that's what i'm going to do) you need to either not use the plugins own input port or use another midiport to get the keyboard action to your host. If you don't use the plugins own port you only loose the ability to get patches from the synth. The beta should work just fine like this too (i just need to get rid of the input reminder arrow there.. in next update =)

If the plugin keeps telling you the ports are in use, it means they are still in use by FL. You need to disable them (make sure outputs are not marked as "Sync" or on any port number, and inputs don't have a tick on "enable"). It's really very very simple. There's not much anyone else can do for you. You unfortunately need to learn your own system.

Btw. FLStudio doesn't seem to be very nice for midi plugins as it's adding some latency to midi. Anyone else noticed this? If there's too much trouble with FL and my -Ed plugs, I need to post a warning. Maybe mark FL as not supported etc.

Btw2. I can make a standalone version of this too if someone needs it :)
www.mkdr.net

sjm wrote:One other thin, K-Bee - you have switched to single mode on the Venom, right?
Good point :)
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote: Btw2. I can make a standalone version of this too if someone needs it :)
Can you do one anyway and offer it as a bundle? Even if a little extra cost, I would get the bundle. I love using standalone versions.

:love:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Please don't throw FL into the "not support" bucket. I haven't noticed any midi lag, and I figured out the midi port settings pretty quickly, but after using FL since ver.3 or so It'd be so frustrating to try and make it work in a different DAW. :-o

Please don't throw FL into the "not support" bucket. I haven't noticed any midi lag, and I figured out the midi port settings pretty quickly, but after using FL since ver.3 or so It'd be so frustrating to try and make it work in a different DAW. :-o

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”