M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

has anyone been able to load the Ray Brunelle Signature Banks?

i cant load them at all via the Vyzex editor. :?

Kriminal wrote:has anyone been able to load the Ray Brunelle Signature Banks?

i cant load them at all via the Vyzex editor. :?
I loaded the first bank. You seem to need to rename the file from raybrunellebank1.sglbnk.sqb to raybrunellebank1.sgl.sqb (i.e. sglbnk-> sgl). Don't ask me why. You need to load them as a "single bundle" from the aux page.

The presets then seem to load, although you might need to navigate as the display doesn't seem to update. Once you navigate to one of the presets, his name is in the author field.

I assume the other 2 files will also work if you rename accordingly, although I haven't tested this - I'm actually watching the footy... but at 4-0 it seems dead and dusted.

thanks...is that using Vyzex to load them? (thats what i meant, sorry didnt say)

Edit: seems Vyzex will only see .SQS files... :?

Kriminal wrote:thanks...is that using Vyzex to load them? (thats what i meant, sorry didnt say)
Yes, but as I say, you have to switch to the Aux tab and click on Open next to "Single Bundle" at the bottom right.

The UI wasn't exactly designed by a genius.

gotcha...works fine, thanks.

if you missed this:
Kriminal wrote:just noticed the Vyzex Editor has been updated to V1.2

http://support.vyzor.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9ffb9b7442

Kriminal wrote:Ah ok, thanks.

Am i right in thinking you can save and load presets for the AUX FX in VenomEd?
Yes you can!
It's great to be able to save stuff like that separately. A thing I always missed on my HW boxes like the Novation Nova.
Other sections have those preset things too btw. Even though a thing like the master eq might not even need one :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Ah ok, thanks.

Am i right in thinking you can save and load presets for the AUX FX in VenomEd?
Yes you can!
It's great to be able to save stuff like that separately. A thing I always missed on my HW boxes like the Novation Nova.
Other sections have those preset things too btw. Even though a thing like the master eq might not even need one :)
Yes, excellent feature 8)

Andertons have 10 in stock here £199 http://www.andertons.co.uk/synths-amp-w ... -synth.asp

Rob

Kriminal wrote:if you missed this:
Kriminal wrote:just noticed the Vyzex Editor has been updated to V1.2

http://support.vyzor.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9ffb9b7442
Yeah, thanks for that! Just tried it out. Haven't seen what exactly they addressed yet in the few minutes trying it out, but it appears they are beta testing 1.5 now too, so still getting support from psicraft. They aren't working on the vst editor as far as I know though. If they do, they better look at the competition out there, cause VenomEd is going to be very difficult to top when completed.

I'd love to test all night but gotta take my 11 year old to see Feed Me with Teeth show tonight. Oh yeah and ran into a double sale today and got a blofeld coming for a really good price....

:hihi:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:but it appears they are beta testing 1.5 now too, hihi:

Actually, I read in that forum that there is no 1.5.

1.2 is the one that was being refereed to as 1.5 (figure that one out).

So there are no other up-coming versions, this is it and the first major release in 2 years.

The good news is, so far so good. :)

Really getting into the Venom now. Its got great potential. Takes some work to find the sweet spot, but its worth it. I can def see myself making a bank for this.

awesome! :hyper: :D

Any news on next beta version for VenomEd?

Also, is anyone using Venom with Ableton and experiencing pitch change to current selected track when using Ableton's transport control for play?

I'm finding midi changes cause my Venom to transpose to different pitch on selected patch and I have to manually turn the preset knob to another preset and back to get correct pitch again. Can't find any other major quirks besides that one.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:Any news on next beta version for VenomEd?

Also, is anyone using Venom with Ableton and experiencing pitch change to current selected track when using Ableton's transport control for play?

I'm finding midi changes cause my Venom to transpose to different pitch on selected patch and I have to manually turn the preset knob to another preset and back to get correct pitch again. Can't find any other major quirks besides that one.
Only bug I have found might of been the Venom hardware itself.

Had Venom'ed running in Cubase 5, scrolled through multiple presets by turning the knob on the venom quite far, i.e. not one preset at a time, caused Venom hardware to be non-responsive, it stopped working as a midi controller also for other hardware and VST's within my DAW. I had to do a soft-reset(OFF/ON whilst holding OCTAVE UP/DOWN) and restart Cubase to get it working again, this only happened once and could of been the hardware itself - not the VST.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”