M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The SH waves came from an SH-5.
There were also waves from a Plan-B Model 15, Harvestman Zorlon Cannon
I know I have the list on my computer at home. I'll see if i can find it.

justin3am wrote:The SH waves came from an SH-5.
There were also waves from a Plan-B Model 15, Harvestman Zorlon Cannon
I know I have the list on my computer at home. I'll see if i can find it.
That would good, thanks.

Kriminal wrote:does anyone have a list of the OSC preset waveforms (ie what the abbreviations mean) ?

i know the obvious ones

MG = Moog
MS = Korg MS
SH = Roland SH
JX = Roland JX
OB = Oberheim etc etc

anyone got a full list with possible models (ie SH-101 or SH2/3/5 ? )

thanks
Hope this helps...

HP = 1952 Valve Oscillator
PB = Plan B Model 15
RP = Arp 2600
SH = Roland SH-5
OB = Oberheim Sem
MG = Minimog Model D
MS = Korg MS-20
DP = Doepfer A-137
AL = Alesis Fusion
JX = Roland JX8P
Bit Wave = Harvestman Zorlon Cannon

-Dennis

soulster wrote:
Kriminal wrote:does anyone have a list of the OSC preset waveforms (ie what the abbreviations mean) ?

i know the obvious ones

MG = Moog
MS = Korg MS
SH = Roland SH
JX = Roland JX
OB = Oberheim etc etc

thanks
Hope this helps...

PB = Plan B Model 15
RP = Arp 2600
SH = Roland SH-5
OB = Oberheim Sem
MG = Minimog Model D
MS = Korg MS-20
DP = Doepfer A-137
AL = Alesis Fusion
JX = Roland JX8P

-Dennis

GREAT!

Good to know...
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

soulster wrote:

i know the obvious ones

MG = Moog
MS = Korg MS
SH = Roland SH
JX = Roland JX
OB = Oberheim etc etc

thanks
Hope this helps...

PB = Plan B Model 15
RP = Arp 2600
SH = Roland SH-5
OB = Oberheim Sem
MG = Minimog Model D
MS = Korg MS-20
DP = Doepfer A-137
AL = Alesis Fusion
JX = Roland JX8P

-Dennis
Interesting, thanks. :)

sounds like this (my own preset of course)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lisa.milli ... ingPad.mp3

getting some pops and clicks, i think part of my audio chain is on the way out, but not sure what part...been like it for a couple of weeks now...possible my audiocard :(

Probably a stupid question, but is it possible to automate parameters from the Venom inside of a daw?

As usually when I click on a parameter on my soft synth in Ableton, I get the option to automate that from the drop down menu. But this doesn't happen with the Venom?

double post

d-s-m wrote:Probably a stupid question, but is it possible to automate parameters from the Venom inside of a daw?

As usually when I click on a parameter on my soft synth in Ableton, I get the option to automate that from the drop down menu. But this doesn't happen with the Venom?
It's easy to do if you use mkdr's VST editor (Windows only, see earlier in this thread and in his forum here on KVR). It's a steal for EUR 10.

Otherwise refer to the manual for the CCs and use those instead. They're listed in the manual's appendix.

sjm wrote:
d-s-m wrote:Probably a stupid question, but is it possible to automate parameters from the Venom inside of a daw?

It's easy to do if you use mkdr's VST editor (Windows only, see earlier in this thread and in his forum here on KVR). It's a steal for EUR 10.

Otherwise refer to the manual for the CCs and use those instead. They're listed in the manual's appendix.
Sorry I should have mentioned, I am using the VenomEd vst. But like I said, I'm getting no option to draw in automation? :help:

Well then I can only provide the completely unhelpful reply that it automates fine in FL Studio...

Sorry about that.

sjm wrote:Well then I can only provide the completely unhelpful reply that it automates fine in FL Studio...

Sorry about that.
Thats good to know, thanks sjm. :)

sjm wrote:Well then I can only provide the completely unhelpful reply that it automates fine in FL Studio...

Sorry about that.
Ok thanks anyway.

Has anyone else managed to draw in automation for the Venom inside of Ableton?

is it just me or are the knob settings odd in Venom....ie filter, you need to open it much more to than your average synth to get the same kind of freq...and Env attack/Decay, need to be set much higher to get a similar sound, I know not all synth are the same, but Venom seems to have extreme values...

(this is using VenomEd, not directly on the synth itsaelf, so maybe its that thats different?)

Kriminal wrote:is it just me or are the knob settings odd in Venom....ie filter, you need to open it much more to than your average synth to get the same kind of freq...and Env attack/Decay, need to be set much higher to get a similar sound, I know not all synth are the same, but Venom seems to have extreme values...

(this is using VenomEd, not directly on the synth itsaelf, so maybe its that thats different?)
no, it also seems that way on the synth itself to me, krim

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”