M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

breakmixer wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Any news on next beta version for VenomEd?

Also, is anyone using Venom with Ableton and experiencing pitch change to current selected track when using Ableton's transport control for play?

I'm finding midi changes cause my Venom to transpose to different pitch on selected patch and I have to manually turn the preset knob to another preset and back to get correct pitch again. Can't find any other major quirks besides that one.
Only bug I have found might of been the Venom hardware itself.

Had Venom'ed running in Cubase 5, scrolled through multiple presets by turning the knob on the venom quite far, i.e. not one preset at a time, caused Venom hardware to be non-responsive, it stopped working as a midi controller also for other hardware and VST's within my DAW. I had to do a soft-reset(OFF/ON whilst holding OCTAVE UP/DOWN) and restart Cubase to get it working again, this only happened once and could of been the hardware itself - not the VST.
I think it is likely the hardware as my Venom has done the same thing with the
Vyzex editor and required a soft-reset to get going again...kinda freaked me out the first time it happened! :hihi:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CapnLockheed wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Any news on next beta version for VenomEd?

Also, is anyone using Venom with Ableton and experiencing pitch change to current selected track when using Ableton's transport control for play?

I'm finding midi changes cause my Venom to transpose to different pitch on selected patch and I have to manually turn the preset knob to another preset and back to get correct pitch again. Can't find any other major quirks besides that one.
Only bug I have found might of been the Venom hardware itself.

Had Venom'ed running in Cubase 5, scrolled through multiple presets by turning the knob on the venom quite far, i.e. not one preset at a time, caused Venom hardware to be non-responsive, it stopped working as a midi controller also for other hardware and VST's within my DAW. I had to do a soft-reset(OFF/ON whilst holding OCTAVE UP/DOWN) and restart Cubase to get it working again, this only happened once and could of been the hardware itself - not the VST.
Vyzex editor and required a soft-reset to get going again...kinda freaked me out the first time it happened! :hihi:
I'm hoping the Venom is revived and support starts again, it must be a firmware update needed. Who owns the synthesizer rights now?

CapnLockheed wrote:
I had this happen for several days in a row, finally after several hard re-sets it stopped.

Hasn't happened since, fortunately. :)

Well, I might try to "kick it around a bit" by some hard resets. I know that if I uncheck the track and remote outs in Ableton and just leave sync going, I don't get the unwanted pitch change when I hit the transport controls.

I don't think anyone has or will pick up Venom hardware again. Maybe Psicraft might support it with editor updates and maybe vst editor, but not if they can't make money on it somehow.

It's like someone threw away a perfectly good synth to manufacture. My fortune for getting so cheap....
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I just scored one for 279.00(usd) new in the box :tu: (that's what I paid for my now broken edirol pcr 50 controller)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

$230 on amazon right now Hink

I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:

you still got a good deal though :)

debra1rlo wrote:$230 on amazon right now Hink

yeah I saw that last night but the seller has 5 sales total not to mention 39 dollars shipping (I got free shipping) so I wont complain over ten bux...279 seems like just about in the middle of those on fb...199 is a really good deal, now I'll just come to you if I have questions :hihi:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

oh wait :dog: you said amazon...and it's prime
Last edited by Hink on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:I just scored one for 279.00(usd) new in the box :tu: (that's what I paid for my now broken edirol pcr 50 controller)
Congrats Hink! Have fun!

Hink wrote:

yeah I saw that last night but the seller has 5 sales total not to mention 39 dollars shipping (I got free shipping) so I wont complain over ten bux...279 seems like just about in the middle of those on fb...199 is a really good deal, now I'll just come to you if I have questions :hihi:

??? 5 Sales???

no, John, i am not talking about a private seller, i am talking from Amazon direct, no shipping charge for Super Saver:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Venom-49- ... udio+venom

hink? synth? :ud:

:hihi:

and actually, dont ask me for help, John, at least not until after i have hit up justin for help :hihi:

debra1rlo wrote:I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:
I got a great deal too. Mine only cost me my dignity. :hihi:
Wait... :cry:

debra1rlo wrote:
Hink wrote:

??? 5 Sales???

no, John, i am not talking about a private seller, i am talking from Amazon direct, no shipping charge for Super Saver:

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Venom-49- ... udio+venom
I just realized that, kicking myself now...I always go to amazon first but I figured it was out of production so I went to ebay, otoh amazon does not do bill me later :shrug:

vurt wrote:hink? synth? :ud:

I have soft synths, I have been sitting here playing with caustic on my kindle and started thinking I need a hardware synth to make noise with and scare the guinea pig :shrug:

justin3am wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:I got mine for $199 at xmas :P :hihi:
I got a great deal too. Mine only cost me my dignity. :hihi:

so, totally free then?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”