FRENZEL FM guitar pre-amp, in the house (with first impressions)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

never easy waiting...and naturally wondering what is up.

camera person told us not much Canon has been getting out of Japan since the quake.

I have had a few weeks go past waiting for something international,with a....'I forgot to check the bank account'...for something that was going to ship once the Direct Credit showed.:shock:

probably why no reasons for delay given to you, they would just be too lame.

I have thought about this for an extra layer, 1/4 in and mic level xlr output

http://www.manley.com/tubedi.php

I really understand that the guy should get in contact and am in no way attempting to defend this way of doing things. All i was trying to do was to come up with a possible scenario. I would be annoyed to put it mildly if the same thing was happening mate, Its not hard to send out a 2 weekly say (for example) e-mail to customers with a few photographs attached of how things are shaping up and reason(s) documenting the delay. Like you said John it should be a two way street, pretty much the exact phrase i was looking for but did not manage to find man last post. If you still have not heard back now i am totally left scrathing my head for any possible reason/reasons as to why :?

All the best

Dean

Status Report Your Order Frenzel Tube Amps

Order No. xxxxx

Item No. FM-DP1

Date: 4/11/11

Customer: ME
Your amp is finished and in 24 hour burn-in testing. It is scheduled to ship on 4/12/11.
We will email you the tracking info when your order ships.

Your Team at Frenzel
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I had one of these for about six months (until it was stolen when my home was burgled), Hink, and loved it. The EQ is voiced very well for guitars. Also, like you, my order took a long time. It's a common complaint for the Frenzel stuff and he never seems to update the eBay ad to reflect the reality of his build times.

I think you'll be pleased, though. It is not an earth-shattering piece of gear, but it's so very useful for warming up things for various recording situations. If you can get yourself a cheap ADA Microcab II, you'll find you have all you need for awesome Fender/Marshall cleans. Add your favorite dirt in front of the Frenzel, and you'll have other colors, too.

If you end up hating it and want to sell at cost, I'd probably be interested.
Last edited by Shane Sanders on Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

thanx Shane...good to see you again :)

Sorry to hear yor house was broken into, that happened to me many, many years ago when I all I could afford was 1 guitar and a boogie half stack, there is no pain like that kick in the gut :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:thanx Shane...good to see you again :)

Sorry to hear yor house was broken into, that happened to me many, many years ago when I all I could afford was 1 guitar and a boogie half stack, there is no pain like that kick in the gut :?
Yeah, I lost about 15k worth of stuff. But not my pedals! By pure luck, I had taken my board to work that day to show off some new stuff. We've recovered two guitars and one amp so far from pawn shops and there's a court date at the end of the month for one of the bastards. Long story. Chances are slim to decent that I'll get some restitution.

My Steinbergers and some disassembled strats were tucked away in a closet, too, and went unmolested. I've upgraded most everything at this point, but miss my Carr Raleigh like crazy.

shipped today

and the piece to the pwoer switch is no wehre in the box, I called him and he said that it had to be because he would never ship it like this...I'm sending it back 2-day air and he better damn sight returnt it the same way because I will refuse delivery or I will take him to court.

I'm going now to file a dispute with paypal as well so they have it on record... I am madder than anyone can imagine 74 days I wait and now another week?

copying this from the 'what are you thinking' thread so I have it in this thread as well. When all is said and done I will send him the link to this thread...and Shane I appreciate the offer but once I have this I really can't see me selling it unless I really hate it.
Hink wrote:so, 2-day shipping was 79.99usd so of course I didn't do that for a 300 dollar amp. That means I wont see it until at least 2 weeks but I'm banking on another month at least. When blueman made his thread about brand loyalty that upset everyone the common response was that there are a lot of small companies that do indeed provide great service....that I agree with, however even some small companies are not any better and I see yet another example of mediocrity becoming the standard.

They sent me an email today and really tried to make it sound like they were doing me a favor by skipping the ups claim process and just fixing it. There is no way after seeing the box and how it was packed that it took any shots that would suggest it was damaged in shipping. I told them good companies make 'good' not 'excuses', but now I think I would have been better off just keeping it and replacing the switch myself.

I do not expect to have this amp until at least the first week of May (but if the past is any indicator it wont be until at least June), I can't imagine how it will ever meet the expectations I originally had but if given the choice between a refund or having the amp fixed and returned I would still want the amp. I am really getting tired of so many companies just not caring at all about pride.

You know it all comes back to DIY in my book, if you want something done right...do it yourself.

I wish someone could show me a silver lining, but there is none...is it any wonder the economy is in the crapper?

Whoah! Was it broken off and the piece was missing or just not installed? Hard to tell from the picture.

broken off and missing...it was suppose to be delivered back to him today and hopefully he'll ship it back quick

edit: got the delivery confirmation from ups, according to my correspondence with them it should ship no later than Wednesday.

well good news, it's fixed and already on the way back...plus 30 bux refunded for my shipping which is exactly what they promised :D

I expect it the first of next week, I do not have a delivery date yet but that's what I figure :shrug:

Some tension there in Boston for ya. First your busted amp, Bruins game 7. At least the Celtics swept. Hopefully your amp comes back again intakt.

So that means you will have to post some samples when it arrives.

/OT
I'm thinking a Detroit/Boston original 6 Stanley Cup final would be awesome the way those two teams are playing. Glad they beat Montreal (so Don Cherry goes nuts), Pitt is out (happy, Sidney is a dooche). And I hope one of the remaining teams knocks off Washington. Philly and Boston? hmmm, that's kind of some bad deja vu from last year aint it. Philly is a bunch of goons and it would piss my friend off if they lose. I have respect for Tampa, but they aren't physical enough if they play Boston.
/End of hockey OT rant (haha, OT, no pun intended)

metalifuxx wrote:Some tension there in Boston for ya. First your busted amp, Bruins game 7. At least the Celtics swept. Hopefully your amp comes back again intakt.

So that means you will have to post some samples when it arrives.

/OT
I'm thinking a Detroit/Boston original 6 Stanley Cup final would be awesome the way those two teams are playing. Glad they beat Montreal (so Don Cherry goes nuts), Pitt is out (happy, Sidney is a dooche). And I hope one of the remaining teams knocks off Washington. Philly and Boston? hmmm, that's kind of some bad deja vu from last year aint it. Philly is a bunch of goons and it would piss my friend off if they lose. I have respect for Tampa, but they aren't physical enough if they play Boston.
/End of hockey OT rant (haha, OT, no pun intended)
there's a stanley cup thread in ot...and yeah, that last year jinx is hanging over us

The amp is scheduled as I expected to be delivered Monday...I'll try to record some samples :tu:

We've got a playoff thread, you are more then welcome to join in. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&start=30
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”