Moog Minitaur

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mkdr wrote:Tasty review of Minitaur on the May issue of Sound On Sound.
Check it out :tu:
Yes, And they've finally got an iPad App for SOS. It's very good as well. They custom built it for iPad so you don't need to zoom the pages all the time. There's also interactive content. Only £2.99 as well.

Dogboy73 wrote:
mkdr wrote:Tasty review of Minitaur on the May issue of Sound On Sound.
Check it out :tu:
Yes, And they've finally got an iPad App for SOS. It's very good as well. They custom built it for iPad so you don't need to zoom the pages all the time. There's also interactive content. Only £2.99 as well.
Btw.. a bit off-topic.. but. I've always liked the idea of having a tablet for reading mags. But I've always been disappointed when actually reading stuff from a tablet screen. The Ipad3 seems to be the first tablet that could actually be used for this as it has a much bigger resolution on it's screen. The first Apple product that i'm actually impressed by :D

But it's fu-cken 800 euros! :-o

And to put that in perspective.. that's 12 years worth of SOS subscriptions!
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:Btw.. a bit off-topic.. but. I've always liked the idea of having a tablet for reading mags. But I've always been disappointed when actually reading stuff from a tablet screen.
SOS for iPad is the best mag for the format I think I've seen. It's great on iPad (I've got an iPad 2) and you don't need to zoom the pages to read. Each article scrolls vertically & you swipe horizontally to change page. There's also interactive content on some pages but it's not over the top like some mags I've seen (The Empire film mag is terrible!). Nice work SOS ;)

Right, back on topic ..... Minitaur ...... can I have one yesterday please?! :wink:

Anyone in the UK managed to get one of these mutha fu***rs yet?! :? I've given up trying as I'm moving to Australia next month so will be on the look out over there. But I thought they would have hit the UK shores by now.

good

availability in Germany is terrible as well. Sometimes shop has one, but of course it's instantly sold.
sigh.
I want this, c'mon Moog hurry up :/

Anybody have any luck using the preset editor with a 64 bit Win 7 system? Loaded the program and it opens when I click on it, but it does not seem to be talking to the unit. Software setup options seem very limited. I can't seem to figure out how to make it respond to MIDI commands over usb cable. As it stands now, I cannot use the software at all. On the Moog website some user comments saying that the preset editor might only work on 32 bit systems at this time. Not sure if this is true.

I have been able to trigger it directly via MIDI cable(which is great), but with my setup was hoping to also use it over USB.

That being said, this unit is awesome. I love the way it sounds.

Dogboy73 wrote:Anyone in the UK managed to get one of these mutha fu***rs yet?! :? I've given up trying as I'm moving to Australia next month so will be on the look out over there. But I thought they would have hit the UK shores by now.
they had em in dawsons manchester yesterday :)

I made a video demo of the more 303'ish sounds of the moog minituar, and there is a little bit of LFO wobble exploration in the middle of the video. Its basically just me tweaking knobs while the minitaur is controlled by a midi loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ogpB_VcA4

got my MT today :D

a little functiontest, just an arpeggio and some drums (xbase) :

https://www.box.com/s/c5e2d529e6c627a66636

anyone wondering where to get he software editor :

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13852

Bassdrum, Bass and both Leadsounds from Moog Minitaur

http://soundcloud.com/darsho/the-modern ... taur-track

Ford Prefect wrote:Time is supposed to be speeding up due to some astrological bullshit, but for me it seems slow as f**k...WAITING FOR THIS BASTARD to reach stores in Japan! :cry: :help:
OK...it's allover in Japan now...at 72,000 yen! At current exchange rate that's 900 USD, 50% more than it costs in the US!!! :x
But mine is on its way...finally! :love:

Glad I read that Mintaur is V/Octave. My MS-20 keys in hz/v.
I guess internally the Minitaur is hz/v but the control input is V/octave.
Just saved myself $$$$ on a Minitaur that I thought had hz/V!!! pheww. :P

Sorry to revive this old thread, but... i'm wondering. Is there a technical reason for the oscillators being limited to the lower octaves, or is it a design choice? I know, they market is as a bass synthesizer, which should be the Taurus successor, but, IMO, being limited to the lower octaves seems somewhat of an odd decision, considering it could be so much more versatile if it wasn't.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”