Moog Minitaur

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just been added to Moog's website;

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/taurus/minitaur

This will sell like hot cakes, mark my words.

Thanks for the heads up.
djshire wrote:This will sell like hot cakes, mark my words.
Yes it will!

Sounds pretty sweet in the demo. I wonder if it will work in poly-chain mode with the Slim Phatty? That would be brilliant.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Very sweet indeed......

Makes the Slim Phatty seem like even better value for money though!

In the UK, the SF will only be £75 more than the Minitaur

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Thanks for the heads up.
Yes it will!

Sounds pretty sweet in the demo. I wonder if it will work in poly-chain mode with the Slim Phatty? That would be brilliant.

Peace,
Andy.
Someone missed my point entirely.

and your point was....?

Sorry ... the point was sarcasm? Yeah, missed it.

This will be an extremely popular unit ... why would you suggest otherwise?

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

I'm thinking about getting one of these as a replacement for my SH-2. I like the desktop form-factor.

I'm not a huge fan of the Moog sound, but this may be right up my alley.

wow. that was a very subtle point :wink:

djshire wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:Thanks for the heads up.
Yes it will!

Peace,
Andy.
Someone missed my point entirely.
Perhaps your point was idiotic and didn't do a very good job at actually being a point whatsoever.

Seems a bit odd to me... like a more limited Slim Phatty for almost the same cost. Am I missing something? I think all Moog instruments including the Taurus' allow poly-chaining so it could be a good way to build up a polyphonic Moog for not a huge amount of money... though I think it still might be cheaper to get something like a Studio Electronics C.O.D.E. or a used Andromeda A6.

I am liking my Slim Phatty though, and for those of you out there who've been avoiding analog in favor of VSTs, this may be an even more affordable way to get yourself a VCO based analog synth. The difference in sound is not as subtle as the plug-in devs would like you to think it is.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Seems a bit odd to me... like a more limited Slim Phatty for almost the same cost.
I think this is aimed at people who want a knob for every function, with no menus. It is bit limited compared to the Phattys but all those pots cost money.

justin3am wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:Seems a bit odd to me... like a more limited Slim Phatty for almost the same cost.
I think this is aimed at people who want a knob for every function, with no menus. It is bit limited compared to the Phattys but all those pots cost money.
Oh. :roll: Those people.

:lol:

I'm so used to dealing with a MoPho and the single knob ATC-1 that the Phatty seems decadent. :oops: Last night I spend hours creating patches... all using the software editor. :(
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

My point....lots of people want analogue, no one wants to have to pay the exorbitant price for it. Korg figured this out a few years ago, and gave us the Monotron, followed by the Monotribe, followed by the Duo and Space Phaser.

People also want the Moog sound, but don't want to have to pay the premium. A few years ago, the entry price was about 1300 USD, with the Little Phatty. Then the price was 800, with the Slim Phatty. Now that price is 600, with the MiniTaur.

I just find it funny that it took Moog this long to see the writing on the wall...I think in maybe a few years we might get a single osc version of this for say 400.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”