Arturia new hardware Analogue Synth MiniBrute for 499 euro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who said hardware was dying out? :P Is Arturia the first softsynth company to crossover then?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

toitoi wrote:Steiner-Parker multi-mode filter
I wonder if the it crackles and pops when you turn the resonance knob, like other clones of this filter do.

looks like it has 3 OSC (Pulse+UltraSaw+Triangle) + SubOsc (Pulse+Sine) + Noise?
Hope it sounds better than it looks. :love:

justin3am wrote:
I wonder if the it crackles and pops when you turn the resonance knob, like other clones of this filter do.
FYI so does the original.

ghettosynth wrote:
justin3am wrote:
FYI so does the original.
I figured... I haven't used the original so I wasn't sure. I've had a Livewire Frequensteiner and I built one from a CGS board with some modifications that were supposed to mitigate the crackling... but it still had that annoying sound when I turned the resonance pot. :dog:

JoeCat wrote:
chk071 wrote: It's certain that it will be analogue?
Specs say VCO, which implies it (if that's the case I'd imagine the filter would be).
Right, i guess you wouldn't be able to dare to bring out a VA with one oscillator for that price anyway. :) I think it's the right decision from Arturia after all their emulations.

toitoi wrote:looks like it has 3 OSC (Pulse+UltraSaw+Triangle) + SubOsc (Pulse+Sine) + Noise?
Hope it sounds better than it looks. :love:
probably just one vco (maybe curtis ) that draws 3 waveshapes from a single
voice like a roland 101 had

[/quote]
Right, i guess you wouldn't be able to dare to bring out a VA with one oscillator for that price anyway. :) I think it's the right decision from Arturia after all their emulations.[/quote]

it also says that whatever software companies claimed about being able to emulate it that they somehow failed (and by releasing vco based stuff themselves sort of admitted they failed) to get the tone of a real filter although
i must say that the only company nowadays that does hardware the full discrete way and sounds right is synthesizers.com , macbeth

(from the teaser video). I assume these images are from the vst editor that will come with the hardware?

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... easer.html

Full 7 minute video posted over at gearslutz! Scroll down 2nd Video

This is he official product launch video!!!!!!

Looks like the real deal, full analog, powerful....amazing at 499E retail :D
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i made a mockup from the video to :)
Last edited by toitoi on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC wrote:http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... easer.html

Full 7 minute video posted over at gearslutz

Looks like the real deal, full analog, powerful....amazing at 499E retail
Well, it's a WIN! The only thing that worries me, how solid it is. The first leak I found was from some Chinese site (http://www.bretown.com/news/asdfasdfsadfasdf.html), suppose it is built there, the knobs look very weak.

paladium wrote: i must say that the only company nowadays that does hardware the full discrete way and sounds right is synthesizers.com , macbeth
Oh please, to suggest a thru-hole resistor somehow 'resists differently' than an SMT resistor is to deny the very fabric of reality itself.

I've had macbeth gear (dual osc and backend filter/vca/envelope combo) and lots of other analog modular gear in my modular (simultaneously no less) and I found the macbeth wasn't worth the space/price (and that I am not a huge fan of 'vintage moog tone', having mostly been raised on music featuring vintage rolands and korgs) - replaced it with a ton of equally quality modules from intellijel (another brilliant manufacturer of modern analog hardware), which sit perfectly alongside modules from malekko/wiard, makenoise, and doepfer (the a-196 PLL is one of my favourite modules despite being the only module cheaper than passive attenuators I own)

musisikamar.com

Never heard of a Steiner-Parker filter

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”