Arturia new hardware Analogue Synth MiniBrute for 499 euro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
deastman wrote:Gee, it would be nice if there was an upgrade path for those of us who bought the first edition. But no, that would probably be too much to hope for.
If the wood paneling isn't super important, the main new feature of the SE, is a step sequencer:

"MiniBrute SE shares the same physical footprint as the original MiniBrute, but builds upon this synthesizer thanks to a sturdy and stylish brushed aluminium casing with wooden sides and an inspirational step sequencer"

But can't regular MiniBrute user accomplish that anyhow by hooking up a sequencer module to it, via either Midi or the CV/Gate?

not with the same physical footprint though, which matters to some folk with limited space i guess...

deastman wrote:Gee, it would be nice if there was an upgrade path for those of us who bought the first edition. But no, that would probably be too much to hope for.
We could probably do trade ins for the Special Edition. We probably can't give too much value on trade-ins, though, since we discount new ones so much these days and every trade-in would have to be evaluated individually. :(

Well, I have plenty of other sequencing options- at last count I had 7 different sequencers in my Eurorack modular (possibly more, depending on what you count). It would just be very convenient to have it integrated, like the SE and the Microbrute, especially when I take the MB with me outside of my studio.

I appreciate the trade in offer, but it isn't that big of a deal to me. It would just be nice if they could offer a firmware upgrade, or even a factory retrofit if necessary. That's always the downside of being on the bleeding edge I suppose...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

vurt wrote:which matters to some folk with limited space i guess...
Limited space and GAS, the "unsolvable" :help: :D

Anybody want to buy an original Steiner Parker synth? Only $11,499 :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steiner-Parker- ... 3f3d46e016

Note: This is my first finished Reaktor ensemble. There are still some minor flaws. I might fix it in later versions.

Is it monophonic only? - Yes.
Does it sound like the hardware minibrute? - Not really.

Anyone know when the next Arturia promo round is expected to happen?

They're doing one on the Minibrute now if you mean what I think you mean. It's $399 until the end of June.

JRRShop has the SE edition for $399 as well if you'd prefer the step sequencer.

You can just send a systex file to your micro brute and convert it to have the SE sequencer apparently.....

http://hackabrute.yusynth.net/index_en.php?&arg=3

Also converts SE to the standard ARP...

Note- I haven't tried this, just found the site!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Just bought a mini brute, and I want to make some cv connections to the micro brute I already own. I have a bunch of stereo 3.5 mm cables lying around, and mono 3.5 mm patch cables or mono connectors are very difficult to find where I live.

So I just wanted to make sure the regular stereo cables are safe to use. I think they should be, but better to double check.

maschinelf wrote:Just bought a mini brute, and I want to make some cv connections to the micro brute I already own. I have a bunch of stereo 3.5 mm cables lying around, and mono 3.5 mm patch cables or mono connectors are very difficult to find where I live.

So I just wanted to make sure the regular stereo cables are safe to use. I think they should be, but better to double check.
I have both- best way I have found to connect is just single midi cable from the mini to the micro and audio out from the micro to the audio in of the mini (so both OSC go through one filter). You can obviously CV as well to control other stuff love the filter. You get some great effects with the mikro step sequencer and mini arp at the same time :D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yea tried this last night. Both brutes are nice by themselves, but together they're even better.

Though the hack does seem pretty awesome, I'm not gonna try it cause one step sequencer and arp sounds like more fun :D .. And I have other sequencers anyway.

Yup- lots of cool stuff with 2 Oscillators, especially ones as flexible as the brutes. I was messing last night taking the audio out of both to my desk rather than putting the micro through the mini (so the 2 filters are independent and you get stereo, sounds great when just panned slightly apart) - different options again!

Didn't think of that .. Nice tip :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”