Arturia new hardware Analogue Synth MiniBrute for 499 euro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who has this thing, and is anyone sick of it yet?
My local tiny synth shop has two in stock right now and it's decision time.

If you own one, what's the worst part about it? (besides obvious things like keyboard and 1 osc) thanks!
I run a netlabel http://oligopolistrecords.bandcamp.com
Free chill, hip-hop, lo-fi, ambient, experimental, for you! (Send me demos too!)

The worst thing about it IMO is that it's Mono. But thats way worth it for the price considering its analog.

I think the lack of a second oscillator is still the biggest weakness. But I love mine. I'm working one synthpop tune right now, featuring nothing but drums and Minibrute. It's all played into Ableton Live by hand and quantized as audio. No sequencing except for the arpeggiator, which is only synced with the tap tempo button. It's amazing, being able to work that loosely and still end up with tightly synced parts! God I love technology...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

The Minibrute is a keeper. There are too many great features to tire of the MB.

Even with that one oscillator you can enjoy a pseudo-two oscillator sound when using the sawtooth wave. It's done with the 'Ultrasaw' parameter and you can basically get a nice detuned sawtooth timbre. For lead lines it works a treat. Also the combination of the saw+triangle+ square sub can give very good sounds. So you can get some very chunky basses, plucks and vintage leads.

It's incredibly compact, I mean it's tiny so it fits perfectly on my desk right beside other analog synths. Another thing....it's got sliders and I love sliders. (This is my fourth analog synth with sliders).

Go to that shop and see if you can play one. (to be honest, I'm surprised to read that the shop has got two units in stock, still in stock...lol).

@deastman, it's time for Synth Pop revival. :D The wobble bass needs to be replaced by a chunky mono synth bass pluck. :hihi:

Also, it's time for people to stop buying overpriced junk on ebay and instead invest in brand new analogue synths which are being released all the time.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Thanks for the input guys, sounds like this is something I'll have to go for.
I run a netlabel http://oligopolistrecords.bandcamp.com
Free chill, hip-hop, lo-fi, ambient, experimental, for you! (Send me demos too!)

Good luck with being able to get one in Canada (Toronto to be exact) - I pulled my order after still not receiving a shipment from any retailer (well they actually got 4) on a back order for more than 50 that people had already pre-ordered.
Well over 6 months + wait.
I still don't know a single person here who's gotten their order in as yet.
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

Hi FaX,

Here is Denis from Arturia. Some Minibrute have already been shipped to Canada and more will arrive before the end of the month.

We used to have production problems but everything is solved now. I'm sincerely sorry for the one who had to wait such a long time for their Brute.

All the best,

Denis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMLcM5xVies

Hi Denis,

Still waiting for mine, too, here in the US - will more (any) be coming soon? I have a pending order with JRRShop that is about a month old, with no shipment in sight.

@deastman - would you mind sending a link to the actual Timbuk2 bag you have that fits nicely?

Thanks!

Hi bharris22,

Since November Minibrute are coming in the US on quite a regular basis. I think you unit should be available quite soon!

Cheers,

D

Thanks, Denis! Does Arturia recommend a particular case or gig bag to hold the Minibrute?

Not so far! But if you find a good one...I'm also interested!

Cheers,

D

bharris22 wrote: @deastman - would you mind sending a link to the actual Timbuk2 bag you have that fits nicely?

Thanks!
The current bag appears to have changed slightly since I got mine. I don't have a carrying handle on the top, and I could have sworn that it used to be the "Large", but now appears to be "Medium". This particular bag isn't really the most suitable, because you're going to be paying extra for the padded camera insert. After all, that's what it was intended for. The whole insert does pull out, leaving it a standard messenger bag, but I'm sure you can find some better options on their site.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/sno ... 12/2114867
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thanks!

bharris22 wrote:Hi Denis,

Still waiting for mine, too, here in the US - will more (any) be coming soon? I have a pending order with JRRShop that is about a month old, with no shipment in sight.

@deastman - would you mind sending a link to the actual Timbuk2 bag you have that fits nicely?

Thanks!
I'm surprised to hear that. I put in an order 1 week ago and it shipped on the 17th... Yours hasn't shipped yet? did you have a 200$us discount or something? :-)

I'm eager to play the brute... I'm afraid it's only going to be the gateway drug to a modular down the road... CV out... hmm :)

DenisArturia wrote:Hi bharris22,

Since November Minibrute are coming in the US on quite a regular basis. I think you unit should be available quite soon!

Cheers,

D
Hi Denis,

My Minibrute was just delivered 5 minutes ago - very excited! I opened up the box and one of the keys on the left side of the keyboard was stuck. I looked under the keys and saw a very small piece of metal sticking out (but not sticking out far enough for me to grab). The piece of metal slipped under the keyboard, and now it is moving back and forth inside. Is it safe for me to unscrew the back of the keyboard to remove this piece of metal? Do you know what this metal would be (does the Minibrute ship with a tuning key or something similar)? Am I safer just sending it back to JRR (this would kill me).

Thanks!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”