DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

breakmixer wrote:Not had any hiccups with this latest version, so far seems flawless(I had crashes with the first version)

many thanks for providing this stable update! :D
You're welcome :)

Things still to come:
-Bank manager
-Note names on sequencers
-Tetra support
-Mopho x4 support

The first two in the next update within a week. Tetra & Mopho x4 within a month!
Let's hope I'll keep to that schedule :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:
breakmixer wrote:Not had any hiccups with this latest version, so far seems flawless(I had crashes with the first version)

Things still to come:
-Bank manager
-Tetra support
-Mopho x4 support

The first two in the next update within a week. Tetra & Mopho x4 within a month!
I'd love to get a Mopho x4, would that need a specific new Mopho x4 VST editor? i.e running both a Mopho and Mopho x4 editors at the same time?

breakmixer wrote: I'd love to get a Mopho x4, would that need a specific new Mopho x4 VST editor? i.e running both a Mopho and Mopho x4 editors at the same time?
I'm not totally sure yet how those polyphonic links work.. but if you use only a Mopho x4 you'd need a new version of the editor for sure. From a quick look the difference might be just a few bits of the sysex format. I'll know more when i get home to see my notes and DSI manuals. I'll keep you posted!
www.mkdr.net

Couple things:

1. Is there a stop all notes function? Sometimes it hangs and a single note will continue on forever. studio one doesn't have an option for this so usually I just have a midi control set up for all notes off but since it is using my midi ports I can't access this in studio one.

2. When I use the decay knob on the unit it causes the software to crash, probably due to the fact that it's tweaking several knobs at once?

3. The preset doesn't seem to get saved with my project. Normally I just create a sound and then save. Is there another step I need to be taking in the editor?

Thanks!

rodan wrote:Couple things:

1. Is there a stop all notes function? Sometimes it hangs and a single note will continue on forever. studio one doesn't have an option for this so usually I just have a midi control set up for all notes off but since it is using my midi ports I can't access this in studio one.
No there isn't. I'll put one on to the next update. (Great idea, thanks!)

Btw. I've not had a single hanged note on my Mopho. The problem could be something related to the midi-port?
rodan wrote: 2. When I use the decay knob on the unit it causes the software to crash, probably due to the fact that it's tweaking several knobs at once?
Yes, the decay knob uses the whole midi bandwidth and more if turned quickly. Very bad design from DSI in my opinion. But still, I built the editor so that it shouldn't have any problem in receiving all that data. It shouldn't crash at any midi anymore. Prior to v1.3 it did have trouble receiving massive amounts of nrpn, and might crash. Please check your version.
rodan wrote: 3. The preset doesn't seem to get saved with my project. Normally I just create a sound and then save. Is there another step I need to be taking in the editor?
No. There shouldn't be anything else you need to do. All the parameters should be saved automatically when you save a project. Just like any other VST.

The current sequencers i use and have tested MophoEd with are Cubase6, FLStudio, Reaper and Renoise. I'll try to do some testing on Studio One soon(and Ableton Live).
www.mkdr.net

Thanks for the reply. I will do a little more testing with the saving of presets to figure out what is going on.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the latest version but I will verify.

rodan wrote:Thanks for the reply. I will do a little more testing with the saving of presets to figure out what is going on.

Thanks for helping me out! (it's even more my problem than yours)

Im just downloading Studio One(free) now, but unfortunately I have to pack up my studio and computers as I'm moving. Can't promise i get to the problem this week. Same with the update schedule in general. I'll prob post back again when the move is done. Hopefully next weekend. Wish me luck :)
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:
rodan wrote:Thanks for the reply. I will do a little more testing with the saving of presets to figure out what is going on.

Thanks for helping me out! (it's even more my problem than yours)

Im just downloading Studio One(free) now, but unfortunately I have to pack up my studio and computers as I'm moving. Can't promise i get to the problem this week. Same with the update schedule in general. I'll prob post back again when the move is done. Hopefully next weekend. Wish me luck :)
Just so you know studio one free doesn't allow vsts so it probably won't be very useful for testing unfortunately.

rodan wrote:Just so you know studio one free doesn't allow vsts so it probably won't be very useful for testing unfortunately.
Bummer. I didn't notice that :D
I'll get the demo instead.
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:

Things still to come:
-Bank manager
-Tetra support
-Mopho x4 support

I'm GASing over getting a Tetra or Mopho X4, will you definately be doing VST's for those any time soon? :D

breakmixer wrote: I'm GASing over getting a Tetra or Mopho X4, will you definately be doing VST's for those any time soon? :D
Editor for the X4 is 100% sure to surface soon!
Tetra is 99% sure. There's only a tiny question mark if i can maintain such a big project with my development software, SM.

Anyhow.. i still haven't got my studio properly set up. It's been slowing me down from doing updates yet.
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:
breakmixer wrote: I'm GASing over getting a Tetra or Mopho X4, will you definately be doing VST's for those any time soon? :D
Editor for the X4 is 100% sure to surface soon!
Tetra is 99% sure. There's only a tiny question mark if i can maintain such a big project with my development software, SM.

Anyhow.. i still haven't got my studio properly set up. It's been slowing me down from doing updates yet.
Mopho x4 manual wrote:Tetra is the best candidate for poly chaining with the Mopho x4; the voice
architecture and programmable parameters are identical. The desktop Mopho or
Prophet '08 will also work, but there are some differences between these synths
and the Mopho x4:
Architecture and programmable parameters are identical! So surely a Mopho x4 VST editor would do both, obviously only in monotimberal mode with regard to the Tetra? :?

Ah apparently I didn't have the latest version I thought I did but I missed an email. I'm on 1.24. As soon as I upgraded to 1.3 it works just how it is supposed to work.

Sorry again about that. SO you know Im running studio one in 64 bit version and I have your plug bridged using jbridge. So that works at least

Thanks for the great plug.

Could anybdoy please upload the manual? The link to it is dead, and the developer hasn't replied to my mail.

Thanks in advance!

aon wrote:Could anybdoy please upload the manual? The link to it is dead, and the developer hasn't replied to my mail.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Aon. Sorry for not replying earlier.

To cut the story short, I've been really lazy at doing the manual. When i originally put that link to the plugin i did it as a placeholder for a manual i though i had the time to write. It turned out that i didn't.. You either have time for work or hobbies, and this time I've been occupied with work.

But in all fairness I'm here to help if you have any questions. Are you having any particular trouble with the MophoEd?

Btw. I've had few days to work on the next update now. Some graphical fixes and the "bank manager" finally.

Ps. If anyones having trouble with the Key version, especially it's patch loading, i'd appreciate your input or bug reports. It's more difficult for me to debug it as i don't have the actual hardware.
Thanks to all the reports and comments so far :tu:
www.mkdr.net

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”