DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

threeleggedmessiah_ wrote:So when can we expect the new update? Don't take this the wrong way, but you've been promising updates for 6+ months now and there's still nothing new on the horizon. I know that software development takes time, and that you probably have a day job and who knows how many other things to do rather than to code VSTs, but I'd just like to know if this has been abandoned and if I should be searching for a new solution, or if the update really is coming. And if yes, when?
Hi Messiah,
It's been tricky finding the time to work on this, but I've got an update 98% ready right now. I still need to get the Keyboard version tested and installers done. I think I'll release the update for the Desktop within a few hours now.
Are you waiting for the Keyboard version update?
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

xrxs wrote:Matti, hello!

I wrote to you on mail, but didn't recieved any reply from you.

I have a few bugs/quirks to report.

I use MophoEd with Renoise 2.8.1 through ESI Midimate USB to MIDI interface.
My system is Windows XP SP3.

When I load MophoEd into Renoise it doesn't respond on MIDI events from host immediately, i have to intensively press notes for about 0,5 minutes to light it up, then everything starts to work properly.

Have to say, that Mopho is not only hardware i have connected to Renoise. I have tx81z and blofeld connected through loopbe and novation zero sl's outputs and they react to my activity immediately.

Then, when i turn osc, env, filter knobs with MophoEd everything updates instantly, but when i deal with modulations and lfos i have to re-send every time. Does it works as supposed to be?
Hi xrxs!

I'm a big fan of Renoise and use it all the time. I'm actually very suprised it's acting up on it as Renoise has always been one of the most reliable hosts I know.

I'm doing an update to MophoEd right now. Maybe you could try the new version when i get it online. If that too is acting up we can start digging deeper.

The knob problem you are having might be an issue with the Mopho's controller receive setting. You need to press and hold the PROGRAM MODE button on the Mopho until it goes to Global settings mode. Then scroll with the PROGRAM knob to get to the page that says "M Param Rec: " + some setting. Use the + and - keys to change it to "All" (It's prob in "CC" now). This enables receiving CC and NRPN messages which the MophoEd needs. Remember to exit the Global settings mode by pressing the PROGRAM MODE button once.
www.mkdr.net

Wow.. Finished!
The v1.38 for Mopho Desktop is online.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/MKDR_Mo ... 8_DEMO.exe

Registered users will get the new key files after I've got some sleep :zzz:

Updates/changes in v1.38:
- internal optimizations
- bug fixes (bpm knob, request)
- patch loader gui trimmed a bit
- sysex binary decryption optimized -> patch loads are faster (instant!)
- added a feature to compile and send banks to Mopho + save/load banks to/from textfiles (right mouse click on the "PatchBank" button) : when in bank mode(both patch windows visible on top) selecting patches adds them to the bank list. shift+click adds a range of patches. selecting patches on the bank list loads them to Mopho. right click removes a patch from the bank list.
- new authorization key-file system (as seen on VenomEd. will make life easier when releasing updates)
- support for keyboard version on hold until v1.40, which is in development now
- minor addition of update checker http link, located on the version number text

Known issues:
- CC/NRPN input from host not optimal. fixes are on the way
- Mopho Keyboard sysex support missing until v1.40
- note names not shown in sequencer
- bank loading still needs a system for integrating a loaded bank to the patch manager
- no manual available yet

edit: added a few things.. so minor that i didn't change the version number
www.mkdr.net

New Update v1.39
- fixed a bug in DAW recall

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/MKDR_Mo ... 9_DEMO.exe
www.mkdr.net

Matti, issues with knobs updating were sorted with your help :) Thanks!
What about key files?

xrxs wrote:Matti, issues with knobs updating were sorted with your help :) Thanks!
What about key files?
I'm glad it worked :)
Key files should be all sent now.. I had to write a program for sending those emails.. hundreds.. wouldn't have made it by hand :)

I feel dirty.. like a spam mailer :hihi:
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:
xrxs wrote:Matti, issues with knobs updating were sorted with your help :) Thanks!
What about key files?
I'm glad it worked :)
Key files should be all sent now.. I had to write a program for sending those emails.. hundreds.. wouldn't have made it by hand :)

I feel dirty.. like a spam mailer :hihi:
Just got mine, just checked! :D

many thanks... 8)

Matti - Thanks for your response last week and thanks for the update.

Big problem...

Check this

I had my Mopho'ed always automap wrapped(Novation)

So

Installed and registered 1.39 update, then automap wrapped it again...

In Cubase 7 32bit, windows 7 64bit...

Load Mopho'ed VST(Automap and without) - it works

Load Venom'ed VST - No Gui/No instrument, nothing

reboot Cubase...

Load Venom'ed VST - It Works

load Mopho'ed VST(automap and without) - Cubase Closes

reboot cubase...

Try again etc, it was also knocking out my M-Audio fast track pro soundcard drivers..

Went back to original mopho'ed(last version) and registered venom'ed(last version) , all works again...

I have a feeling it's to do with the new registering system clashing maybe :shrug:

breakmixer wrote:Big problem...

Check this

I had my Mopho'ed always automap wrapped(Novation)

So

Installed and registered 1.39 update, then automap wrapped it again...

In Cubase 7 32bit, windows 7 64bit...

Load Mopho'ed VST(Automap and without) - it works

Load Venom'ed VST - No Gui/No instrument, nothing

reboot Cubase...

Load Venom'ed VST - It Works

load Mopho'ed VST(automap and without) - Cubase Closes

reboot cubase...

Try again etc, it was also knocking out my M-Audio fast track pro soundcard drivers..

Went back to original mopho'ed(last version) and registered venom'ed(last version) , all works again...

I have a feeling it's to do with the new registering system clashing maybe :shrug:
Hmm. That's very odd. I'm pretty sure it's not about the new activation system. It's too simple to make a dent on your DAW or drivers etc. It just reads a data file and checks if it's a correct one. It's not a copy-protection system. It's just a way for me to distribute updates more easily.

Thanks for testing it so thoroughly. You've eliminated a lot of possible causes. I also have Win7 x64, Cubase(32bit) and Automap here. Haven't had any issues myself with both plugins running. I think it might have something to do with the Ruby language elements in those plugins.. clashing with some system files or M-Audio drivers. That's the only major thing that changed inside the plugin with this update.

I'll try to find what is causing this. :borg:
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:I also have Win7 x64, Cubase(32bit) and Automap here. Haven't had any issues myself with both plugins running.
Correction.. It doesn't load on my machine either. I thought i had this installed, but because of installer development I've installed and uninstalled it several times. It's clearly crashing if both are installed at the same time. I'll work on a fix for this ASAP.
www.mkdr.net

Ok. I found the problem. It's basically a problem with Ruby runtime elements in VenomEd that mismatch with the ones on MophoEd. So VenomEd needs to be updated.

Here's a quick fix for VenomEd:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/MKDR_Ve ... b_demo.exe
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:Ok. I found the problem. It's basically a problem with Ruby runtime elements in VenomEd that mismatch with the ones on MophoEd. So VenomEd needs to be updated.

Ok - I'll get back to you, so...

1. Update VenomEd to v0461b
2. Re-install Mopho 1.39

mkdr wrote:Ok. I found the problem. It's basically a problem with Ruby runtime elements in VenomEd that mismatch with the ones on MophoEd. So VenomEd needs to be updated.

OK - Works BUT - VenomEd : Everytime I start it, you get the box cannot find the midi ports - yet they ARE set correctly and working fine(Plugin works), plugin doesn't think so though, hence the box message...

breakmixer wrote:

OK - Works BUT - VenomEd : Everytime I start it, you get the box cannot find the midi ports - yet they ARE set correctly and working fine(Plugin works), plugin doesn't think so though, hence the box message...
Try changing them to some other port.. Then back.
www.mkdr.net

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”