DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hemmick Reef wrote:I'd love to try this, but I can't get it to work in Cubase 5?
What seems to be the problem?

Did you install it correctly? Copy to vstplugins folder in which you have write permissions..

I'll make an installer soon for the demo that is win7 compatible(or easier to use to be more precise).
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:I'd love to try this, but I can't get it to work in Cubase 5?

Did you install it correctly? Copy to vstplugins folder in which you have write permissions..

I'll make an installer soon for the demo that is win7 compatible(or easier to use to be more precise).
Thanks for getting back.
I've installed it correctly and it opens up ok, but I think that it's to do with configuring the inputs and outputs correctly. At the bottom of the page where I presume I need to choose the input and output it comes up with a box saying that it is in use by another application?

Hemmick Reef wrote:
mkdr wrote:

Thanks for getting back.
I've installed it correctly and it opens up ok, but I think that it's to do with configuring the inputs and outputs correctly. At the bottom of the page where I presume I need to choose the input and output it comes up with a box saying that it is in use by another application?
The ports are most likely in use by the sequencer you are using. Go to your sequencers settings and disable them. Restart the sequencer and then the plugin gets to use them.

If it is some other program using the port, you need to find it and disable it before you get to use the plugin (unless the port has multi-client drivers.. etc)

Hope you get it working.
www.mkdr.net

No sorry, I can't get it working. Could you do a step by step setup tutorial please. Also it maybe worth naming the boxes at the bottom of the interface 'input', 'output' etc. for clarity.
I really would like to get this working as it would help so much with using the Mopho.

Hemmick Reef wrote:No sorry, I can't get it working. Could you do a step by step setup tutorial please. Also it maybe worth naming the boxes at the bottom of the interface 'input', 'output' etc. for clarity.
I really would like to get this working as it would help so much with using the Mopho.
What sequencer do you have?
You should have some kind of settings page for the sequencer. You need to start there. Getting the port freed is the first step.

Good point about the ports. I guess i have forgot to add a text there because my ports say "soundcardX In Port" etc.. I'll look into it :)
www.mkdr.net

I've got it working.

Wow it's great to be able to save a patch with a project. Definitely worth it!

Thanks

What are the demo limitations?

Hemmick Reef wrote:I've got it working.

Wow it's great to be able to save a patch with a project. Definitely worth it!

Thanks
I'm glad that you like it :)

Btw. For best usability, a good midi-interface should be used. I've mentioned that you need to stay clear of cheap usb-midi cords.. but.. there's been an interesting development. I've found one that is dirt cheap(US$ 5.99) and still works, even with mile long sysex messages! :D
Doesn't even need drivers.

http://dx.com/usb-2-0-to-midi-converter ... gth-110980

That's what i now run my Mopho with in Win7 x64, Cubase 6.5
www.mkdr.net

Hemmick Reef wrote:What are the demo limitations?
There's a counter at the bottom of the screen.. There's a 3 minute limit now, after which it cuts the connection to the midi-ports. I'm extending that to 9 minutes when i have the time to update the demo.
www.mkdr.net

Any chance of adding a menu for changing the global parameters?

Hemmick Reef wrote:Any chance of adding a menu for changing the global parameters?
Possible, sure. I just wanted to make them easy and visible. Maybe a mixture would be cool :)
www.mkdr.net

Testing out the new smaller layout..
Still unfinished, like you might notice from some overlapping texts.

The resolution is now 1265x625. Small enough?
I guess i could still slice some bit off the sequencers..
www.mkdr.net

Ok. Now i really need your opinions on the new layout. :help:
I made the size a lot smaller and to me it feels and looks good. I've heard many say that they simply love the older big layout. My question now is, do i need to keep them both alive? I'm not doing this thing full-time and it's eating up my music production time even as it is. So i'd love to scrap the old GUI :P
Just let me know if that's unacceptable. :!:

Here's the new, smaller layout, that should even fit most laptop screens.

Also..
The v1.21 changelog:

- Hybrid CC Mode!! The plugin now transmits CC for all controls that have one assigned to them(by DSI. No way to change assignments). The Hybrid part comes from the fact that some controls that support CC run out of range, after which the NRPN kicks in automatically. This cuts down the used midi-port bandwidth quite some bit compared to using plain NRPN's (NRPN = 12 bytes, CC = 3 bytes).

- Fixes to the midi-port search. Now accepts ports with the same name, by enumerating them.

- Midi-port selection hidden in the midi-port activity indicators.

- Midi routing option to enable passing all data from host unchanged(for cases where you need to have midi-chains. Mopho needs to be the last of chain). Default is to convert all data to the selected midi channel.

Release date: 15th of May 2012
edit: had to postpone this a bit.. :(
Last edited by mkdr on Tue May 22, 2012 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
www.mkdr.net

I personally would like the smaller version better. The big one is just too huge to use. On my 24" widescreen monitor it is basically the only thing I can have open.

You may get more responses if you make that screenshot full size so people can get a real comparison.

Are there any plans to make one for the PolyEvolver?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”