DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sent out a large amount of editors today..

Also updated the installer and plugin to Vista/Win7 file usage model. Settings are now saved to "My Documents\MophoEd\".

I'll update the demo later.. :ud:

Next version should be with new GUI. Maybe in a few weeks.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr,

what are the demo restrictions, none are listed on your site, a couple of people have tried the demo and say it looses connection after a few minutes, if so you should put this info about the demo - they may think it's buggy, if I hear this is working well for people I may be buying a mopho, cheers...

breakmixer wrote:mkdr,

what are the demo restrictions, none are listed on your site, a couple of people have tried the demo and say it looses connection after a few minutes, if so you should put this info about the demo - they may think it's buggy, if I hear this is working well for people I may be buying a mopho, cheers...
A fair point. Thank you. It does indeed cut the connection after 180 seconds(if i recall.. im on the road again). The GUI clearly shows you a rundown of seconds left, but i'll add a better mention of it on the website.
www.mkdr.net

hello, nice effort on this editor. Just tried out the demo. Comes close to meeting my wishes. Works great although its doesnt fit on my second screen. Another issue is that i now can't sync the mopho's arp or sequencer to Ableton Live as the editor needs the midiports. Is there any way around this?

dondervogel wrote:hello, nice effort on this editor. Just tried out the demo. Comes close to meeting my wishes. Works great although its doesnt fit on my second screen. Another issue is that i now can't sync the mopho's arp or sequencer to Ableton Live as the editor needs the midiports. Is there any way around this?
Yeh, the ui is rather large(took up most of my monitor), I tried the demo, even though I don't own a Mopho(yet), a smaller or resizeable ui would be better...

I am going to buy a Mopho now though at some point this year... :D

And this editor, liked the layout though :D

Any chance Mkdr you'll be doing a mopho keyboard version, I 'may' get the kb version if you have an editor ready? :)

dondervogel wrote:hello, nice effort on this editor. Just tried out the demo. Comes close to meeting my wishes. Works great although its doesnt fit on my second screen. Another issue is that i now can't sync the mopho's arp or sequencer to Ableton Live as the editor needs the midiports. Is there any way around this?
Thanks! It's filling my own needs, but of course i try to make it suit all Mopho users. How do you need to sync it? Currently the way to sync to the hots is to use the same BPM. The BPM knob on the editor defaults to the same BPM as the project. So if you press CTRL and click the knob it changes to the project BPM. If you need midi-sync signals there might be some vst that you can route to the editor. I'll try to look in to it when i have the time..
breakmixer wrote: Yeh, the ui is rather large(took up most of my monitor), I tried the demo, even though I don't own a Mopho(yet), a smaller or resizeable ui would be better...
Yep. I first just put it together on my HD screen, but later have thought that it's too big.. and is too big for my laptop for example. I'm working on some cleaner and smaller GUI.
breakmixer wrote: I am going to buy a Mopho now though at some point this year... :D

And this editor, liked the layout though :D

Any chance Mkdr you'll be doing a mopho keyboard version, I 'may' get the kb version if you have an editor ready? :)
I actually have made the kb version already. One kb owner was kind enough to help me with it and it's fully tested and working. I just haven't gotten it integrated to the installer yet..

I need to kick myself to do this stuff. Just have so much other things going on :P

The Tetra version is definitely going to be made too as there's so many who've voted that they need one. And I'm myself keen on getting a Tetra too. Maybe Dave Smith could help me with this? :oops:
www.mkdr.net

i hope the mopho key-editor will be finished soon, i really need it! :o)

i understand the concept of saving everything in the host but still it would be great to have a real library (vst or better, as standalone too), expecially for live performances... because now i would have to buy your editor (no library) and the soundtower pro-editor (no vst), that's expensive and a little complicated.

Didi Disko wrote:i hope the mopho key-editor will be finished soon, i really need it! :o)

i understand the concept of saving everything in the host but still it would be great to have a real library (vst or better, as standalone too), expecially for live performances... because now i would have to buy your editor (no library) and the soundtower pro-editor (no vst), that's expensive and a little complicated.
Could you explain why do you need a library function, and how would you wan't it to work?

I might add some kind of library function in the future and would love to hear what features people need. For me it's always been about quick access to patches, and running through the host's library functions has been the best solution. But i'm guessing you'd need a tool you could use to "fill up the synth" with the patches needed for a certain live performance etc. Right?

I'll get the keyboard version hopefully up and running by the end of the week :)
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:But i'm guessing you'd need a tool you could use to "fill up the synth" with the patches needed for a certain live performance etc. Right?
Yes, exactly!
And to copy all presets to the computer. And it would be great if it's possible to create folders in the library (for instance for every song) so you have fast access to every sound you have ever created.
And to exchange patches with people that don't use the same host.
mkdr wrote:I'll get the keyboard version hopefully up and running by the end of the week :)
Yeah, that's a great message! :)

Didi Disko wrote:
mkdr wrote:I'll get the keyboard version hopefully up and running by the end of the week :)
Yeah, that's a great message! :)
Bad news.
My new studio furniture got delayed.. I've still got all my gear packed up in storage. Fortunately the stuff arrived yesterday, but i had to hit the road again before i had time to assemble it all. Computers and synths are still packed up (and that's where my editor source files are too) :(

I'll get the keyboard version up as soon as possible. Deepest apologies for the wait..
www.mkdr.net

Im assuming this was made with synth edit or synth maker correct?

If not is there any chance this will ever be 64-bit?

Thanks.

rodan wrote:Im assuming this was made with synth edit or synth maker correct?

If not is there any chance this will ever be 64-bit?

Thanks.
Yes it is constructed with SynthMaker. The chance of it going 64-bit is all up to the development of SynthMaker. So i definitely won't promise anything. Consider that as NO.

Also consider that you only need to run one instance of the editor. The cpu-usage penalty of bridging one plugin isn't too big. Or do you have other reasons to have it as 64-bit?

If anyone needs the keyboard version you can order the editor now and send me an email. I'll fix you up with the correct version. I better do it this way, as i haven't had the time to fix the installer. I've been sick :cry:
But i did manage to get my studio built up again *happy*happy*happy* :party:
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote: Yes it is constructed with SynthMaker. The chance of it going 64-bit is all up to the development of SynthMaker. So i definitely won't promise anything. Consider that as NO.

Also consider that you only need to run one instance of the editor. The cpu-usage penalty of bridging one plugin isn't too big. Or do you have other reasons to have it as 64-bit?
Studio One doesn't have bridging capabilities and I want to be all 64-bit. Luckily I installed jbridge and it seems to function just fine with it. Studio One's functioning with bridging seems to work a lot smoother then reaper.

Ok, so finally i have a demo of the Keyboard version online. For the wait there's a little bonus. The demo time is extended to 9 minutes :)
https://www.box.com/s/2566813e7e3f4cb639d6
(note that this version only works on the Mopho Keyboard!! I'll change the demo time of the regular version when i get the adjusted gui ready)

I'm also changing servers.. hoping it all goes well. Fingers crossed.

The keyboard version comes with the regular order. So 10 euros for the both :)

Let me know if there's any problems.
www.mkdr.net

I'd love to try this, but I can't get it to work in Cubase 5?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”