DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey mkdr,

Yes, I've installed the VST and I'd like to use it in Cubase but don't know how to set it up properly.
A step by step guide or something would be really nice!

Best regards,

Andreas

aon wrote:Hey mkdr,

Yes, I've installed the VST and I'd like to use it in Cubase but don't know how to set it up properly.
A step by step guide or something would be really nice!

Best regards,

Andreas
See the 2 green buttons, on the gui, bottom right hand corner, choose your midi interface in/outs here. that's it

I use Cubase and the MKDR Mopho'ed, very easy to set-up.

Thanks, gonna mess around with it today!

aon wrote:Thanks, gonna mess around with it today!
*Also in your cubase 'device set-up'/'midi port set-up' settings, some VST editors need the midi interface to be active, some not. If you have any problems try this also, do not hide(i.e unclick 'visible') but try either 'active' uncrossed or crossed for the particular midi interface hooked up to your mopho. I'm not sure what Mopho'ed needs without looking.

*Only do this if the Mopho'ed does not automatically work when using the green midi in/outs.

You have to have both midi in and out cables attached,

Also if you are totally new to this, 'midi out' of Mopho to 'midi in' of midi interface and mopho 'midi in' to midi interface's 'midi out'.

I got the editor working, but the controls are not moving when I switch patches. I suppose it has to do with the editor not receiving the midi from the Mopho properly.
Another issue: When I bought the editor (little more than a week ago or so), the link was to version 1.0 and I can only download the 1.3 demo from the website.

I'm not a noob, been producing music for many years. Here's a link to my Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/addeinstrumentals

Appreciate all help!

aon wrote:I got the editor working, but the controls are not moving when I switch patches. I suppose it has to do with the editor not receiving the midi from the Mopho properly.
Another issue: When I bought the editor (little more than a week ago or so), the link was to version 1.0 and I can only download the 1.3 demo from the website.

I'm not a noob, been producing music for many years. Here's a link to my Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/addeinstrumentals

Appreciate all help!
I'm using latest version, I had that issue with the controls not changing - swapping about an audio interface fixed it.

breakmixer wrote:
aon wrote:I got the editor working, but the controls are not moving when I switch patches. I suppose it has to do with the editor not receiving the midi from the Mopho properly.

Appreciate all help!
I'm using latest version, I had that issue with the controls not changing - swapping about an audio interface fixed it.

PS I just bought one of these http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/ ... ler--79119 seems solid as a rock and cheap.

I'm using the midi i/o in my Akai MPK 49. I'll install my old Juli@ soundcard just for the midi and see if it works. If not I'll get that interface you recommended, looks nice!

OK, so now the editor works with the Juli@ midi! Just need the 1.3 software now :D

aon wrote:OK, so now the editor works with the Juli@ midi! Just need the 1.3 software now :D
Glad to hear it, I actually meant midi interface but wrote audio interface(but you got what I meant), I just got into hardware myself this year or so, so myself only just able to understand it all. I have now 7 hardware synths, 5 of them with VST editors, 1 with just a standalone editor, hence buying that new Icon Midi interface this week, had some issues myself. I only finally 100% configured/fixed my set-up today(I hope).

Now just waiting on Mkdr to do the M-Audio Venom Editor.
8)

breakmixer wrote: Now just waiting on Mkdr to do the M-Audio Venom Editor.
8)
I'm slowly getting there =)
I actually got a bit sidetracked when i changed the language i'm coding the editor in. Flexing my object oriented programming skills now :)

I'll do a final update soon to the current MophoEd which will add the bank manager, but after that I probably need to name future updates to v2 as I'm sure to break compatibility when i change the coding language. On the plus side v2 should bring better responsiveness to the plugin and easier code management for me. Maybe even midi clock etc fun stuff(no promises yet though). And i really need to find the time to do a proper manual! At Christmas holidays maybe :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

I bought the plugin a few days ago and used it for the first time now. It works so far but there is a big problem: i can save the sounds but it's impossible to save sequences i programmed on the mopho... when i load it there is the correct sound but no sequence.
i use windows 7 and cubase 5.

Didi Disko wrote:I bought the plugin a few days ago and used it for the first time now. It works so far but there is a big problem: i can save the sounds but it's impossible to save sequences i programmed on the mopho... when i load it there is the correct sound but no sequence.
i use windows 7 and cubase 5.
Try saving the patch to the mopho itself, that's what I do, rename the patch on the vst, click re-send on the vst, then write on the mopho.

PS https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/mophoedv121.png Mkdr, you get a 404 error with the gui link.

But the only reason i bought the plug in is that i don't want to save all my sounds on the mopho! i want to save it in cubase because i often programm a lot of sounds for every track that differ just a little from each other (and i decide later).

Didi Disko wrote:But the only reason i bought the plug in is that i don't want to save all my sounds on the mopho! i want to save it in cubase because i often programm a lot of sounds for every track that differ just a little from each other (and i decide later).
Oh, ok - I always write me presets if I like them, I don't like the Mopho's factory presets, they suck! :hihi:

The vst should however save your settings with your project though - I was just saying it so you don't loose your work...

Sending Mkdr a pm would be best!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”