DSI Mopho VSTi editor (Windows)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic

Do you find the Mopho Editor useful?

Yes, it's revolutionary!! Burn the bra!
33%
Yes, fairly ok..
15%
No, i've seen better
9%
No, lame piece of sh**, doesn't work at all
18%
I want a version for Mac!
24%

Total votes: 33

RELATED
PRODUCTS

mkdr wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
mkdr wrote:Ok. I found the problem. It's basically a problem with Ruby runtime elements in VenomEd that mismatch with the ones on MophoEd. So VenomEd needs to be updated.

Here's a quick fix for VenomEd:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/MKDR_Ve ... b_demo.exe
OK - Works BUT - VenomEd : Everytime I start it, you get the box cannot find the midi ports - yet they ARE set correctly and working fine(Plugin works), plugin doesn't think so though, hence the box message...
Try changing them to some other port.. Then back.
Tried deleting the data file with the midi ports/refresh, that didn't work, if you save a project it doesn't happen on reload, just a fresh project...

I'll try what you said...now!

Your method did not work...so...

Deleted "Venom Ed" file from My Documents

Uninstalled VenomEd using Uninstaller located with .dll

Reinstalled/Re-registered - Files Back in My Docs/.dll(uninstaller back)

Run the plug > 2 x Message box(Expected that) > set The Venom Synth In/Out > Works, great > Close Cubase > Reboot Cubase > Run VenomEd > 2 x Message Box about Midi Ports(Again :x ) - Yet VST works and everything IS Correctly set...

:(

mkdr wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
mkdr wrote:Ok. I found the problem. It's basically a problem with Ruby runtime elements in VenomEd that mismatch with the ones on MophoEd. So VenomEd needs to be updated.

Here's a quick fix for VenomEd:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/MKDR_Ve ... b_demo.exe
OK - Works BUT - VenomEd : Everytime I start it, you get the box cannot find the midi ports - yet they ARE set correctly and working fine(Plugin works), plugin doesn't think so though, hence the box message...
Try changing them to some other port.. Then back.
Put the Venom USB Cable into a different port of the pc/reconfigured the VenomEd and Cubase/Device Setup etc blah..

Still the same - thinks the ports are not connected but they are, 2x message box about midi inputs every boot of VenomEd! It's the plugin, yours might do the same, reboot your venomEd now please!

Went back to the original VenomEd and MophoEd - Still doing the midi port problem, now doing a system restore to earlier today - not the plugin now/my system...

Will install both latest updates then...

breakmixer wrote:Went back to the original VenomEd and MophoEd - Still doing the midi port problem, now doing a system restore to earlier today - not the plugin now/my system...

Wow, dont do anything too drastic. I'll fix this for you tomorrow.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:
breakmixer wrote:Went back to the original VenomEd and MophoEd - Still doing the midi port problem, now doing a system restore to earlier today - not the plugin now/my system...

OK, restored back to 046 and 130, working again

Edit: No, every version says it cannot find the midi inputs - yet it is working. even after system restore to last night when all was well...

so got the latest versions installed of mopho'ed/venom'ed now, hope it's a fix of the venom editor... :cry:

breakmixer wrote:
mkdr wrote:

Edit: No, every version says it cannot find the midi inputs - yet it is working. even after system restore to last night when all was well...

so got the latest versions installed of mopho'ed/venom'ed now, hope it's a fix of the venom editor... :cry:
Might even be some stupid logic i've put in there.. I'll see to it that it gets fixed. And btw, thanks for letting me know :)
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
mkdr wrote:

Might even be some stupid logic i've put in there.. I'll see to it that it gets fixed. And btw, thanks for letting me know :)
if it's any consellation, mopho'ed is not doing it...that 100% robust.

mkdr wrote:Might even be some stupid logic i've put in there.. I'll see to it that it gets fixed. And btw, thanks for letting me know :)
@Mkdr

Sussed out the problem, in cubase 7 their are 2 ways to load a plugin.

1. load an instrument track(as opposed to midi or audio track), vst instruments > plugin folder > mkdr > venom'ed

2. devices > vst instruments > plugin folder > mkdr > venom'ed

number 1 causes the midi port box error - yet plugin works

number 2 loads venom'ed correctly with no issues at all

tried and tested a few times - same result every time.

I was loading an instrument track to test the plugin, not how i usually do it, normally use devices > vst instruments etc, so it does work... :)

sorry for the bother. :oops:

breakmixer wrote: sorry for the bother. :oops:
No prob. It's good that you reported this. It is an annoyance.

Btw. I haven't found anything particular that could be causing it. Nor have i been able to reproduce it. I recall i may have had some issue like this before i changed my midi and audio hardware. I had an M-Audio Delta + usb E-MU XMidi's + cheap chinese usb midi ports. Now RME + Esi M8UXL. The stability is from a different planet.. so might not be the best test platform for this kind of thing.
Anyhow, the problem always wen't away when i changed the port settings, so that the plugin generates a new settings file.

I might still try some stuff to fix this while i'm doing the v1.40 update. I need to concentrate all my efforts to the Keyboard editor now.
www.mkdr.net

I think I've found a fix for the port selecting problem.

I rebuilt the port loading system as i was having too many problems with it in the "Universal Sysex Manager"-thing. The logic was working somewhat ok, but the thing that was messing it up was that it opened several ports before ending up on the one that was intended. After opening the ports it couldn't close them properly, so they couldn't be used at all.
Now it seems to be working like its supposed to. I'll add this to the next update of all my Ed-plugins.
www.mkdr.net

mkdr wrote:I think I've found a fix for the port selecting problem.

I rebuilt the port loading system as i was having too many problems with it in the "Universal Sysex Manager"-thing. The logic was working somewhat ok, but the thing that was messing it up was that it opened several ports before ending up on the one that was intended. After opening the ports it couldn't close them properly, so they couldn't be used at all.
Now it seems to be working like its supposed to. I'll add this to the next update of all my Ed-plugins.
They all work fine as long as I load plugins via 'vst instruments' and assign midi channel to it, no problems. Just assigning the venom to an instruments track causes the problem - I don't use that 2nd method normally anyway...

Venom'ed and Mopho'ed are seemingly rock solid VST's...

In fact evertime you make a VST I think I'll buy the hardware it works for! :hihi:

having trouble with GUI... the right hand side gets cut off making it impossible to do the necessary routing. any thoughts?

windows 7, ableton live 8.

thanks,
KJ

**update**
all is well in reaper.

kjacks73 wrote:having trouble with GUI... the right hand side gets cut off making it impossible to do the necessary routing. any thoughts?

windows 7, ableton live 8.

thanks,
KJ
Do you mean a big chunk of the Gui disappears right from the midiport and channel selectors? Could you try another host to verify. Reaper has a good demo mode(just a nag screen).

Are you running the latest v1.39 of MophoEd?

Edit: you tested in Reaper.. ok :)
www.mkdr.net

yeah this is the latest mopho ed.... could be my old version of Live. But I did not have this problem before. I'll try and update my version of Live and see if that does the trick.

btw... talk about a quick response!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”