YAMAHA , ROLAND, KORG, KURZWEIL (Anything exciting from them in 2013) ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nope, never. My friend has one, though. I had a Korg X5D before, now I have PC3K8, Yamaha AN1x, Korg TR-Rack, Korg NS5R, and Kawai K5000R. :love:

I'm pretty shocked at the display on the PC3K8. For that price, I would think they could have outdone Alesis' Fusion at the very least. The rest of the thing looks nice though (except for removing the ribbon cobtroller, which used to be standard on Kurzweils). I've never tried a Kurzweil, but their sample libraries always had great sounds and I've always been curious about the synths themselves. Can never find an actual explanation for what VAST actually is. But totally out of my price range, even when I was nuking my credit.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

PC3 was made with VERY limited budget, and initially was only supposed to be a little updated PC2 and with only 5 people in R&D. So it is what it is, they took what they had from K2600 because they didn't have much more to work with. That's how it is.

However, Kurzweil has now recouped from the messy forced bankrupcy they had to go through, and with financial backing from Hyundai they have more people in R&D which are hard at work on something new and exciting. But this was not possible for PC3/LE/K, unfortunately, because the hardware that was going to be used for them has been set back in the times when Kurzweil were just 5 or so people. Very tough times for them.

Here is a Rumor about Korg Introducing a Korg Mini MS-20 Analog Monophonic Synth. at the upcoming Winter NAMM 2013 Show.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/ ... more-46574

And another Korg : King Korg Analog Synth !

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/ ... photoshop/

Hopefully we will hear some new product rumors, or announcements from YAMAHA, ROLAND, and KURZWEIL in the near future as well.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

"King Korg"?

Should have never, never used that name. This has been used as a nickname of sorts for Korg and some of its classics. I guess Korg R&D didnt see the outcry on the new "Jupiter's". Plus it implies a bar they more than likely cant live up to.

Unless this is every bit or can eclipse the DSS-1, Wavestation or Z1 of course. Those were the "King Korgs".

Next Yamaha will introduce the DX-7 III, but it wont be an FM synth or have a FS aftertouch keybed. :hihi:

King Korg as a product name is kind of awesome. I can't imagine any difficulties saying that with a straight face.

There's a rumor that Yamaha is finally coming out with a proper replacement for the Motif, and a competitor to the Kronos (meaning, various sound engines, not just waveROM etc). But I'm not keeping my fingers crossed...the last time they were supposed to release something "big", it turned out to be yet again another useless "lite Motif" (the MX).

MrDuke wrote:King Korg as a product name is kind of awesome. I can't imagine any difficulties saying that with a straight face.

There's a rumor that Yamaha is finally coming out with a proper replacement for the Motif, and a competitor to the Kronos (meaning, various sound engines, not just waveROM etc). But I'm not keeping my fingers crossed...the last time they were supposed to release something "big", it turned out to be yet again another useless "lite Motif" (the MX).
I'm looking forward to what YAMAHA will offer in 2013. Being a big YAMAHA fan, I feel they will not disappoint us this time around, the step from the Motif XS to XF was kind of ok, but lacked anything NEW, and Exciting, it was mostly some enhancements to the existing Motif XS. Hopefully this time around they will hit the mark.

Oh.. and I like the new Korg Synth's name King Korg , Maybe Queen Korg will be next :hihi:

I think King Korg is a really stupid name for a product. I get the innuendo, but it's still ridiculously stupid.

EvilDragon wrote:I think King Korg is a really stupid name for a product. I get the innuendo, but it's still ridiculously stupid.
Stupid, but also Cool :D

Not really.

EvilDragon wrote:Not really.
Well... one can always put a sticker on the King potion of the name, and Leave the Korg part visible :)

imho. If it sounds great it will sell, regardless of how stupid, or un-cool the name is.

That's true, I'm quite interested in how it sounds.

I don't know about King Korg, but Korgasm would be a good name for a synth patch.

King Korg as a product name is kind of awesome. I can't imagine any difficulties saying that with a straight face.
Unless of course it's not anywhere near the caliber of such a name. It would have to be up there with Andromeda, Z1, Virus, Q.

The DSS-1 will always be the real King Korg to me. :)
There's a rumor that Yamaha is finally coming out with a proper replacement for the Motif, and a competitor to the Kronos (meaning, various sound engines, not just waveROM etc).
Now that I'm stoked for. Its exactly what Yamaha needs in the Motif. I never understood why they dropped the plug in support or didnt develop it further by implementing multi-synthesis in the hardware,os.

I hope they bring back the DX-7 and AN-1 support or further evolution of it. The Motif is well made/layed out and the FS synth action keybed is second to none. Maybe they will finally drop the FS1R in it. :D

EvilDragon wrote:Nope, never. My friend has one, though. I had a Korg X5D before, now I have PC3K8, Yamaha AN1x, Korg TR-Rack, Korg NS5R, and Kawai K5000R. :love:

I'll have to settle for the PC3x, an old DX7 and a M-Audio Venom. For now that is :wink:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”