YAMAHA , ROLAND, KORG, KURZWEIL (Anything exciting from them in 2013) ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MrDuke wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Looking forward to see what YAMAHA will offer this

We shall know what they have been hiding from us tomorrow at NAMM !

http://www.yamaha.com/namm/

So...apparently a new violin, a piano and...Elton John.

What a disappointment. Though I can't say I'm that surprised.
LOL, EJ lost his voice in the early 80s. Why is he still singing?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

EvilDragon wrote:Let me put my unimpressed hat on. :D
So yeah. :)

Yamaha -- nothing interesting (MusicMesse next.)
Korg - MS-20 and King Korg, interesting for synt heads but nothing interesting for stage keyboard players
Kurzwell -- nothing interesting
Nord - nothing interesting
Roland -- got bad review for no revolutionary synths but their stage piano and VR-09 organs are actually interesting for live musicians.
Casio - PX-5S. Hmm!
Moog - cool new synth.
Prophet 12 -- wish I could afford one, too expensive.

Those features on Prophet 12 are CHEAP at $3000.

This is a 12 voice synth with 24 ANALOG FILTERS and 12 VCAs, loads of modulation options, and a BIG sound. Totally worth the price admission.

Of course, you're going to hate it if you don't have that kind of money on ya. :P

EvilDragon wrote:Those features on Prophet 12 are CHEAP at $3000.

This is a 12 voice synth with 24 ANALOG FILTERS and 12 VCAs, loads of modulation options, and a BIG sound. Totally worth the price admission.

Of course, you're going to hate it if you don't have that kind of money on ya. :P
Could be but I can't justify the price myself.

Oh well. I can. I want one. :D

Its really more of an expanded PEK than an expanded Prophet 08...

Both YAMAHA and KURZWEIL are as boring as can be this Winter NAMM show !

Very disappointing :shock:

EvilDragon wrote:Oh well. I can. I want one. :D
Sure. I liked those kinds of synths. More of a 'going down to basics' keyboard player just now so I need a good digital piano++ for stage work. That's where my money will go this year, need it for jazz and lounge + band gigs.

Muziksculp wrote:Both YAMAHA and KURZWEIL are as boring as can be this Winter NAMM show !

Very disappointing :shock:
I was indeed surprised as both indicated that something big was going to be announced. Unless they show it tomorrow, of course. If not, yep, pretty underwhelming.

The DSI Prophet 12 Looks very exciting !

Korg's new MS-20 looks great ! a smart choice from Korg !

ROLAND is another big disappointment :shock:

Have to give a :tu: to Korg, also for the information on their website. I like the KingKorg and the MS20.
Yamaha and Roland, how disappointing. Isn't there anything interesting just outside the current product lines you can come up with?

Thought of a Yamaha MX61 as new USB keyboard controller due to DAW integration, but if KingKorg is half as decent for that I will go for it.

Maybe for synt heads Roland didn't introduce anything new, but for live keyboardists they have now very strong offerings. VR-09 et rest.

Kurzweil just teased :(

Both YAMAHA and KURZWEIL are as boring as can be this Winter NAMM show !

Kurzweil just teased :(
It's the K series follow up to the 2600 - Update the design of the case, put a ribbon on it, put the missing K algorithms on the PC3 back in, K ROM samples, sequencer, bump sampling ram to a 1GB ram and toss in another 64-128 of rom samples. The K3000.

Anything more than this will most likely be untouchable price wise anyway for most.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”