Nektar Technology release Panorama P1 and Cubase support

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote:Hey thanks
Very cool product :tu:
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

WANT!
Blue Phase Music

mkdr wrote:
justin3am wrote:Hey thanks
Very cool product :tu:
4lb Kitty wrote:WANT!
:D I'm glad to hear you guys are digging it.

I just found out that zZounds.com carries the P4.

As soon as my TASCAM US-1800 sells I'm picking this up. :tu:
Blue Phase Music

I took delivery of my new P4 controller just an hour ago. I have to say that the Nektar guys present this very very well. The packaging was perfect and the controller is very light. This 49 key version looks amazing too. I love that fader it has a lovely feel to it. The keys feel great, sort of like my Axiom Pro. The sliders and knobs are spot on.. Tonight i'll test it out.. oh and the 49 key version is BIG.. it has the width about as much as a Virus TI KB :-)

Pics:

Rob

Nice!!

Let me know how you get on with it, especially the build etc. It's not that I don't trust Justin, but it did look a bit plasicky in the videos :wink:

tehlord wrote:Nice!!

Let me know how you get on with it, especially the build etc. It's not that I don't trust Justin, but it did look a bit plasicky in the videos :wink:
It's pretty solid Geoff. Got a lovely feel to it. Soft knobs, sliders and drum pads feel just great. Very nice LCD too. Errr little pitch and modwheel though but just nice anyways :-)
That fader feels great. Over all i'm very happy so far. Will hook it up and play it after i have my Kebab :-)

Rob

A kebab for lunch? Well played :D

I'm torn between the 61 and a V-Synth GT I'm buying as a master controller :wink:

tehlord wrote:A kebab for lunch? Well played :D

I'm torn between the 61 and a V-Synth GT I'm buying as a master controller :wink:
Yeah mate something to warm me up it's snowing out here.. :-)

PS

This thing is just shouting out for Cubase although i know it's not available yet it has some very very good features..seems like you might never touch the mouse unless you wanna do fine adjustments to automations. Other than that i'd say buy one mate.

Note: The P4 is BIG but looks the business.. i may have to get the desktop to control my laptop setup some time :-)

Rob

I'm pretty sure I'll get the 61 and leave the V-Synth on the stand. I really do like the idea of that fader and transport controls.

tehlord wrote:I'm pretty sure I'll get the 61 and leave the V-Synth on the stand. I really do like the idea of that fader and transport controls.
Yeah the fader feels great. I'm gonna rig it up shortly and load up Synthmaster and give it a try with the mapping :-)

Rob

At that price and features, they will sell a boat load quickly.

Nice product!

tehlord wrote:I'm pretty sure I'll get the 61 and leave the V-Synth on the stand. I really do like the idea of that fader and transport controls.
Setting it up now. Will also see how it controls my hardware synths and espescially the Monomachine. Will let you know Geoff ;-)

Rob

PS

Also just waiting for one of my items to sell on Ebay then i'll grab me the Moog Minitaur and patch that vst that comes with it to the Nektar P4.

Rob

Rob, I'm glad to hear you like your P4! Thanks for the pictures. :)
One of the cool feature of the Panorama series, is that our control surface implementation is completely seperate from the Internal Mode preset structure. This means you can use the Mixer, Instrument and Transport Modes to control your DAW and use Internal mode for controlling your hardware.

I've been slowly working on a bunch of Internal Mode presets for controlling the Elektron Octatrack and AnalogFour. I hope to have those ready by the end of the month.

Geoff, it's funny you mention the V-Synth... that is one of the (many) keyboards that we referenced while designing our keybed. Aside from the aftertouch, the V-Synth has my favorite feel for a semi-weighted keyboard (not that I'm much of a player).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”