Nektar Technology release Panorama P1 and Cubase support

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Long and McQuade. So is that an impossible task with Logic- or just the state of things with the current software (I know you can't talk about future). If you get Omnisphere, you sold me.

Can I assume using Mainstage would be possible though- as I would be more interested in live use versus recording in Logic primarily anyways.
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

justin3am wrote:
maschinelf wrote:From what I've read so far, I gathered that only internal mode would be available to other DAWs.
That is correct.
So you don't plan to integrate with other DAWs than Reason and Cubase? Bi-directional Reaper integration would be insanely awesome.

I am a bit sadpanda because not all sliders are motorized, though. :( If you make a P8 that has 88 keys, definitely make them all motorized! Or perhaps even better (as I already have an 88 key beast called Kurzweil PC3K8!), a P1M could work for me, basically a P1 with all sliders motorized. :) Nevermind the price! Motorize ALL THE THINGS! :D
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri May 03, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

EvilDragon wrote:
justin3am wrote:
maschinelf wrote:From what I've read so far, I gathered that only internal mode would be available to other DAWs.
That is correct.
So you don't plan to integrate with other DAWs than Reason and Cubase? Reaper integration would be insanely awesome.
I'm guessing that the answer to this question would be that he can't talk about future development. ;)

I still desperately want a P4!

Justin, I'm sure you have a spare around the office somewhere. :hihi:
Blue Phase Music

Justin, thanks for the answers. Can I just clarify this first point?
justin3am wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:-Is it safe to assume that all the sliders and the 16 knobs can be used at once for plug-in mapping (in DAW mode) and that buttons on the keyboard can control button parameters in plug-ins? I ask because for example in Ableton Live, even button parameters end up being sliders in the host parameter list. I also assume that the upper limit of parameters depends only on the host? So if you guys ever did support Ableton Live, it would have a 128 parameter limit whereas other DAWs may not.
Understood, we are limited to the number and type of parameters that are presented to the control surface, but in some cases we've found ways to work around this limitation. Of course I can't say anything specifically about potential for supporting any other DAW. It requires a lot of investigation to get the DAW integration thing right.
I think you missed a couple of th earlier points I was trying to get at. Maybe I can split it up into discreet questions if you don't mind:

1) In plug-in control, are all 8 sliders, knobs and buttons used? Ie. Not just sliders and 8 of the knobs are something, you actually get the whole 16 knobs? (or whatever the number)

2) Buttons actually get assigned to buttons and not sliders or knobs like with Ableton control surfaces I'm guesing right? This is probably obvious but just checking.

thanks

JavaJ wrote:Long and McQuade. So is that an impossible task with Logic- or just the state of things with the current software (I know you can't talk about future). If you get Omnisphere, you sold me.

Can I assume using Mainstage would be possible though- as I would be more interested in live use versus recording in Logic primarily anyways.
It's not impossible, we just aren't prepared to announce plans for future DAW support at the moment.
Just to clarify, regarding maps for specific plug-ins (i.e. Omnispere); plug-in maps are handled as a function of the DAW integration. So, at the moment our plug-in maps will only work when using Panorama with Cubase.

We do also have a template for Mainstage but again, Panorama will function as a generic MIDI controller, so no deep integration.

EvilDragon wrote:
justin3am wrote:
That is correct.
So you don't plan to integrate with other DAWs than Reason and Cubase? Bi-directional Reaper integration would be insanely awesome.

I am a bit sadpanda because not all sliders are motorized, though. :( If you make a P8 that has 88 keys, definitely make them all motorized! Or perhaps even better (as I already have an 88 key beast called Kurzweil PC3K8!), a P1M could work for me, basically a P1 with all sliders motorized. :) Nevermind the price! Motorize ALL THE THINGS! :D
I wish I could say, but again we aren't ready to make any announcements about future DAW support. Of course we do plan on supporting other software (as mentioned before, Bitwig Studio will have support for Panorama) I just can't say what or when.

Regarding motorized faders: believe me... no one wants a Nektar controller with >1 motorized fader, more than I do. :D

4lb Kitty wrote:Justin, I'm sure you have a spare around the office somewhere. :hihi:
:lol: I don't even have a spare for me! We can't keep these things in stock. :)

justin3am wrote:
4lb Kitty wrote:Justin, I'm sure you have a spare around the office somewhere. :hihi:
:lol: I don't even have a spare for me! We can't keep these things in stock. :)
Awww...and I thought I was being humble asking for the P4 instead of the P6. :hihi:
Blue Phase Music

Echoes in the Attic wrote:1) In plug-in control, are all 8 sliders, knobs and buttons used? Ie. Not just sliders and 8 of the knobs are something, you actually get the whole 16 knobs? (or whatever the number)
In Instrument Mode, 16 encoders, 9 faders, and 12 buttons are assignable. Many buttons have specific navigation functions, so they are not assignable.
In Mixer Mode, 8 encoders and 4 buttons are assignable (for insert effects). This is to keep the controls to the left of the display mapped to Mixer parameters.

Then you have Internal Mode (which is the default mode which can be used with any software/hardware) almost all the controls are assignable but you don't get parameter feedback to DAW navigation features.
Echoes in the Attic wrote:2) Buttons actually get assigned to buttons and not sliders or knobs like with Ableton control surfaces I'm guesing right? This is probably obvious but just checking.
Ah! Any assignable parameter can be mapped to any type of control on Panorama. You can map switch parameters to buttons, encoders or faders.

Thanks for your interest. :)

As a Cubase user this looks really interesting! The only thing that puzzles me is the number of pads... the fact that there are 12 instead of the standard 16 makes them pretty much useless for me :?

Anyway, is cubase support released yet? And does it only work with C7?

Beautiful product btw 8)

Hi

A couple of questions regarding the keyboard does it have aftertouch and are they velocity sensitive?

From what I've read on the home page it mono-aftertouch (if I've read that correctly) what does that mean?

The velocity read as having various settings, again does this mean its either hard to soft (1-7) with settings in between and not sensitive to the weight applied to striking the keys?

Thanks

Mono-aftertouch = channel aftertouch. The regular kind. It's not poly aftertouch (which is extremely rare).

How well or easy is this going to be to map faders and instrument tracks in a pretty popular daw like pro tools? I just bought the 61 key.

Salutations!

I'm happy to say that Panorama P1 is now shipping to retailers and Cubase/Nuendo control surface support is now available for all Panorama P1, P4 and P6 users.

http://www.nektartech.com/PRODUCTS/Panorama-Cubase
http://www.nektartech.com/PRODUCTS/Panorama-P1

MFXxx wrote:Hi

A couple of questions regarding the keyboard does it have aftertouch and are they velocity sensitive?
The keys do have aftertouch (channel aftertouch, as EvilDragon pointed out) and they are velocity sensitive. The velocity curve setting allow you to change the sensitivity to accommodate lighter or harder playing styles or to turn off velocity sensitivity.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”