KORG to re-release the MS-20!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wormhelmet wrote: Only difference between the app with controller and real deal is better keys on real one
I cannot speak for the app, but one of the first things I did was fire up the virtual version and tried to do a cursory 1:1 comparison with the real one and what I would say in all honesty is: apples and oranges. As with what you said about the BassStation and the Korg, I think it applies to the virtual one as well: it's nice to have them both.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote: Only difference between the app with controller and real deal is better keys on real one
I cannot speak for the app, but one of the first things I did was fire up the virtual version and tried to do a cursory 1:1 comparison with the real one and what I would say in all honesty is: apples and oranges. As with what you said about the BassStation and the Korg, I think it applies to the virtual one as well: it's nice to have them both.
You missed the rest of the differences I listed, but I have watched videos of the comparisons to the original and read the in depth comparisons and they didn't seem that far off to me. When I get mine I'll know more firsthand.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:Only difference between the app with controller and real deal is...that authentic real analog sound and filter behavior on the real one...
Oh, is that all?

Ok. You guys can see the videos and read the in depth reviews yourselves or you can continue to pick apart my post, but apples and oranges wasn't the consensus of quite a few people.

Whatever. I'll do my own comparison when I get mine and see if it matches the audio comparison examples I've heard already which were definitely not apples and oranges. They were fairly close.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I don't think Cheeso and I are watching videos though but actually trying it for ourselves. I apologize if you felt it was about "picking apart" your post, which it absolutely was not. I'm only stating my own direct impression... and I did say "cursory".

The one thing about the virtual one is that it does have polyphony and can save patches. I'm glad to have both. :)

As you said... when you get yours you'll be able to see for yourself.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

If you selectively delete a major portion of the post when you quote, then it is picking it apart (your post made it look like i said the keys were the only difference) and I'd love to hear some sound examples of the same settings on each where it was apples and oranges difference. Can you throw some up?

The comparison wave files I listened to were original ms20 and MS20 legacy vst. You'd be hard pressed to even call them grape juice (real grapes)/grape drink (as in the fake stuff) difference let alone apples and oranges, so maybe they were carefully selected patches that sounded the same. A comparison would be cool of random patches with settings the same on each.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

breakmixer wrote:
faun2500 wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
faun2500 wrote:Personally if it was my choice I would go Korg.
Is that because my other synths could cover the sounds of bs2, I'm concerned about not being able to save patches with the ms20.

juan atkins used an ms-10 which is why i'm interested in the ms-20 though.

i cannot make my mind up for weeks - none are out in the uk yet so time to ponder.
Not its not that. I just returned a novation production because a problem with build quality.

I know the MS20 has a unique sound, (as does DSI stuff). Just saying what I would choose. Infact in the future I will probably get a ms20. I have a slim phatty and a tetra at the moment.
oh, i did have the ultranova, sold it to put money towards P08 and I have a remote zero sl mkii, i thought the build quality was ok tbh with both.
Well it was the ultranova I returned and also got a tetra in its place! Very similar to what you done with the ultra nova for a Pro8. lol

As others have said, the ms20 has a distinct sound. I noticed in your list there is no MOOG. I have a slim phatty that I love. :love:

That has a distinct sound as well. Assuming distinct is what your after :?:
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

faun2500 wrote: I noticed in your list there is no MOOG.
I've heard the bs2 do a nice moog-esque bass on a shop video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cpEti4_GNA#!

25 mins 53 seconds onwards for a while.

btw cheers him, seq and worm for your thoughts... :)

I love this picture. It's from my camera, the synth is standing on my desk, it's connected to my sound card so it's my own brand new MS20 8)

commodore wrote:
Nice!!
Thanx! :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”