KORG to re-release the MS-20!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Might as well just make a desktop version
the day the desktop or rack version comes out will be a sale to me.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Aiynzahev wrote:Anyway, tell me what are some known cool things you can do with the MS-20 since it's patchable. I'm really not that familiar with it. So let me know what I could expect!

Sami
You could just try KLC MS-20. Or read the manual. :)

SJ_Digriz wrote:
I wouldn't expect that to happen at all.

Aiynzahev wrote:Expect to hear the MS-20 on every electronic music track ever made from now on! haha
If you don't absolutely want it right away... also wait until everyone who runs out and buys one and who then doesn't know what to do with it turns around and sells it on ebay... like with the Evolver.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

EvilDragon wrote:You could just try KLC MS-20. Or read the manual. :)
Yes' Ive been meaning to buy that since it's 64-bit!

Honestly I think ever since Korg released the Legacy collection they've been making the right moves. We said "Analog" "VCO" "Affordable!" and they listened, my heroes.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

KLC is not 64-bit yet. However, Korg announced they're working on it. Expected this Spring or so.

Sequent wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Expect to hear the MS-20 on every electronic music track ever made from now on! haha
If you don't absolutely want it right away... also wait until everyone who runs out and buys one and who then doesn't know what to do with it turns around and sells it on ebay... like with the Evolver.
No way man, I'm walking into a guitar centre somewhere and walking out with this baby in my hands.

For me this is a dream come true. Even since I used a Korg Polysix I've been wanting them to make a new proper analog synth.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Sequent wrote:
The price is better than I had expected.
Same here. It's all about the built quality now and the sound (obviously).
I was expecting a £800 price point, more or less. I suppose that's the financial/resource power of a major like Korg, since a little independent company would struggle to match this price.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Aiynzahev wrote: No way man, I'm walking into a guitar centre somewhere and walking out with this baby in my hands. Even since I used a Korg Polysix I've been wanting them to make a new proper analog synth.
I really hope that all people looking to buy an analogue synth will opt for one of those new ones, whether it's the new MS20, or the Minibrute, the Sub Phatty or Prophet 12, Dominion X, a Boomstar, the new SEM, Vermona,...etc etc. Since by doing so they will support these companies which is so important (at least it should be for us, music makers).

There was a time not so long ago when everyone was bemoaning the demise of true analog synths. And here we are surrounded by brand new machines! And so many of them to boot! (shall we make a list in a new thread?)...so rather than spend silly money on eBay and risk getting a dud, I think this money is better spent supporting these companies that have risked it and provided us with these new instruments.

I sense a t-shirt moment....support your local synth maker! :D

Sorry for the preaching tone but I'm truly excited by all the news! :)

EvilDragon wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
I wouldn't expect that to happen at all.
Oh I don't expect it. But, that is the only way I'd get one. Other than waiting for some super deals when the flood of e-bay resales due to regret buys start up.

I don't think there's gonna be much buyer's regret for this MS-20mini. :)

himalaya wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote: No way man, I'm walking into a guitar centre somewhere and walking out with this baby in my hands. Even since I used a Korg Polysix I've been wanting them to make a new proper analog synth.
I really hope that all people looking to buy an analogue synth will opt for one of those new ones, whether it's the new MS20, or the Minibrute, the Sub Phatty or Prophet 12, Dominion X, a Boomstar, the new SEM, Vermona,...etc etc. Since by doing so they will support these companies which is so important (at least it should be for us, music makers).

There was a time not so long ago when everyone was bemoaning the demise of true analog synths. And here we are surrounded by brand new machines! And so many of them to boot! (shall we make a list in a new thread?)...so rather than spend silly money on eBay and risk getting a dud, I think this money is better spent supporting these companies that have risked it and provided us with these new instruments.

I started building a modular from synthesizers.com awhile back. The flood of quality modular components is amazing. The sudden explosion of full featured synth units is super cool. I actually did pre-order a sub phatty. My biggest regret is selling Model D (even though it wouldn't stay tuned for more than 10 minutes and had a wonky VCA).

EvilDragon wrote:I don't think there's gonna be much buyer's regret for this MS-20mini. :)
We'll see, I think it could go either way. I never owned a 20. I'll be patient and see what happens.

A big +1 to your sentiments, Himalaya!!!

himalaya wrote:I really hope that all people looking to buy an analogue synth will opt for one of those new ones, whether it's the new MS20, or the Minibrute, the Sub Phatty or Prophet 12, Dominion X, a Boomstar, the new SEM, Vermona,...etc etc. Since by doing so they will support these companies which is so important (at least it should be for us, music makers).

Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

SJ_Digriz wrote: I started building a modular from synthesizers.com awhile back. The flood of quality modular components is amazing.
Yeah, the modular market has exploded as well. The interesting development is the new self-contained modular designs which are popping up from various places. From Macbeth with its Micromac, Pittsburgh's Foundation and the new Cell modules, to those designs from Brazil (the name of which escapes me now). These join Dark Energy, Telemark and similar...
Last edited by himalaya on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

himalaya wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote: I started building a modular from synthesizers.com awhile back. The flood of quality modular components is amazing.
Yeah, the modular market has exploded as well. The interesting development is the new self-contained modular designs which are popping up from various places. From Macbeth with its Micromac, Pittsburgh's Foundation and the new Cell modules, to those designs from Brazil (the name of which escapes me now). These join Dark Energy, Telemark and similar...
No doubt. Truly great time if you missed the 60 and 70s. You get the sounds without the cost, size and quality control issues.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”