KingKorg

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

steff3 wrote:Yes, they should get their act together and deliver a pro version - with aftertouch or even poly pressure. Sorry, but animoog on iPad is a better performance controller .... sound seems to be ok, but the hardware is just cheap.

best
Yes, the hardware is cheap. Thats why its $1200 and not $1500 or $2000. a Pro version with AT, more voices and other options (and maybe a ribbon controller) would be nice, but the Poly AT is extremely unlikely.

Mono aftertouch is really not expensive. They could've added it to KK and it wouldn't change the price a lot at all.

Tell that to Roland, Yamaha, etc...

They tend to overprice their stuff anyways.

Aftertouch doesn't cost more than $50 in the end price of the product, guaranteed.

stillshaded wrote:
Is that a speed boat engine to his left!? :shock: Im so confused...

It sound la pretty good. If you're a gigging keyboardist could have it's use. But nothing you can't top in the software world IMO.
Yes, I think it does definitely not beat Diva, ACE or possibly Vacuum Pro (looking forward to this - I like Vacuum and this is not Pro Tools enclosed ....).

But, what is a great synth control keyboard? with aftertouch etc.?

best

I really don't understand how a company can bring out the MS20 mini (people WANT) and this with a straight face.

If Dave Smith, Moog, Vermona, Doepfer and Pittsburgh (etc etc) can make a business out of analogue synths, surely the might of Korg could have actually made this an 8 voice analogue synth too?

I dunno, maybe people do want more of this.

I want a VA like this.. but I wanted more controls and AT. Or, if not AT, make it a rack/desktop version.

I, however, do not want an MS20.
Last edited by VitaminD on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VitaminD wrote:I wamt a VA like this.. but I wanted more controls and AT. Or, if not AT, make it a rack/desktop version.

I could use a rack or desktop version, as i have keys with Poly AT...

VitaminD wrote:I want a VA like this.. but I wanted more controls and AT. Or, if not AT, make it a rack/desktop version.

Well some people are just weeeeeeeird :hihi:

VitaminD wrote:I want a VA like this.. but I wanted more controls and AT. Or, if not AT, make it a rack/desktop version.

Maybe we will see a Mini King in the near future :hihi:
I would also like to have this in a desktop version :)

tehlord wrote:

Well some people are just weeeeeeeird :hihi:
Yeah what is the problem with those crazed MS20 lovers?? :shrug:

:hihi:
D-Fusion wrote:

Maybe we will see a Mini King in the near future :hihi:
I would also like to have this in a desktop version :)
That would be nice huh? Esp if the synth itself supports AT.

tehlord wrote:I really don't understand how a company can bring out the MS20 mini (people WANT) and this with a straight face.

If Dave Smith, Moog, Vermona, Doepfer and Pittsburgh (etc etc) can make a business out of analogue synths, surely the might of Korg could have actually made this an 8 voice analogue synth too?

I dunno, maybe people do want more of this.
Because Korg wants to SELL A LOT of these, and they had to meet the pricepoint. Nobody would buy it if it were a $3500 8-voice MS-20 based polysynth. It wouldn't sell according to their projections for sure. This, on the other hand, is on the entirely opposite part of the scale. They'll sell a shitton of these.

In contrast to DSI and others, Korg is not doing just analog synths (in fact they're only just getting BACK to doing that). Their main gig is digital musical instruments, guitar tuners, effects, beatboxes, etc.

And Korg is the smallest of the Big Three, financially. Both Roland and Yamaha are huge corporations which do a lot of other stuff beside music instruments. Korg, on the other hand, has no such complexity nor size - they are just an MI company. They don't build motorbikes a boat engines (Yamaha), plotters and stage light systems (Roland)...

What Korg did is just test the market waters with their Monotrons and Monotribes. Then they went all in and did a 1:1 recreation of their venerable MS-20 at 85% of size. And they did a motherf**ker of a job.

I'm guessing that they might do a rack or desktop version eventually. Traditionally, the keyboard versions tend to come out first and then a rack follows later. In the case of Roland, for example, the rack sometimes is even an improvement on the keyboard version (e.g. dual mode with the JP8080 and D550). Will be keeping an eye out on this.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sadly, racks are not "in" anymore. Don't hold your breath for KK in rack or desktop version. According to numbers the Big Three are receiving, the racks simply don't "sell well".

which is silly to me.. with the huge midi controller market these days. It makes way more sense to get a single quality set of keys and then use it with the rack synths. (at least to meeeee...)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”