Roland 808 Hardware Clones?(Resolved)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

breakmixer wrote:
rob_lee wrote:There's 17 watchers on the D-STATION...
:-o

I now want to retract my bid on the other - waste of f'in time at £200, I will not win! :shock:
That will go for £250+ mate i only got mine cheap cause the guy needed the money quick.. Do a deal via PM on there.. he'll sell that for 2 and a half easily though. Mine is like new i might even keep it..
PS
Ebay and Paypal fees took over £104 for selling my Virus TI2 Polar before (robbing bastards) but i still prefer hardware synth over software any day except for Diva and Synthmaster as exceptions.. love twiddling knobs :-)

Rob

Oh where did my D-Station go? :D Decided to keep it and feed it through the Elektron A4 when i have it. Too good to sell so good luck on winning the one your bidding on.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:Oh where did my D-Station go? :D Decided to keep it and feed it through the Elektron A4 when i have it. Too good to sell so good luck on winning the one your bidding on.

Rob
I got outbid, so that's it, not willing to pay more for it, I also found the Drum Station V1 on Gumtree for £125.00, phoned but it had already been sold.

So, game over for me...

Speaking as an owner of a real 808, I'd take Wave Alchemy's Transistor Revolution over a Drum Station any day.

Uncle E wrote:Speaking as an owner of a real 808, I'd take Wave Alchemy's Transistor Revolution over a Drum Station any day.
? :nutter: :smack:

Does Transistor or whatever your on about have real knobs Eric? What is this a sample player or something? Not really a hardware synth mate ;-)

Rob

Oops, I deleted the part of my post that said "Not really what you're looking for but..."

Jomox Airbase doesn't have set of many knobs but it is hardware and it vocer 808 but 909 as well..

Uncle E wrote:Speaking as an owner of a real 808, I'd take Wave Alchemy's Transistor Revolution over a Drum Station any day.
How does d16 Nepheton and Wave Alchemy Transistor Revolution do next to your 808?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:How does d16 Nepheton and Wave Alchemy Transistor Revolution do next to your 808?
Transistor Revolution wins.

yo, can you be more specific?(plz) i had an 808 long ago,
and have long thought about the Drumstation.

i think i dropped the 808 out of frustration at not getting more
hard oompf out of the BD (i probably needed a 909),and i was
only just learning about MIDI, and it wasn't...oh, and it cost me
240quid! :D). oh it rocked a house, no doubt, a beautiful instrument.
do i regret that now? mmm to an extent, bcs they are hard to get now,
but that's the main reason, and you should hold onto good stuff.

main concern about drumstation isn't 'lack of fidelity', but that
rockin' the house quality; i'm held back by the fact that it is
partially a sample based machine - if that matters in the context.

having two drum machines represented in one box could make up for
that though. ah, also the polyphony: is that an issue, in practice?
i'm not into 909 hihats much, either, but i like 808 ones, they'd have
to be good, crystalline, etc.

as a sound generator, the drumstation seems to offer quite a lot, with
kit presets, midi ccs, etc. but will it SATISFY?!! :x

I have Transistor Revolution, it has no knobs yes obviously, if they put them samples into hardware or a software VST with dedicated controller it would be cool, something like spark. Sounds better than Nepheton(which I own too).

I just find Kontakt clunky and a little ram hungry, plus I got 1 spare L/R ins on my new mixer and a 1U rack space to fill, stumbled across the D-Station on Ebay for £150, never heard of it before so started this thread, but I'm not paying silly money for one...it's over £200 now with the bids.

So for now Transistor Revolution it is for 808/909. Just fancied a Drum Machine/Synth with Knobs to finish my hardware side of things for cheap!

rob_lee wrote:

Does Transistor or whatever your on about have real knobs Eric? What is this a sample player or something? Not really a hardware synth mate ;-)

Rob
It is a very good set of samples that cover all the parameter settings/sounds available on the 808/909, it is a dedicated Kontakt Library with 808/909 styled interfaces for the individual sounds!

http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/transistor ... tion/pid96

Yes, already got it(and Nepheton) which is why I stated not interested in software solutions.

I just fancy some drum machine hardware, my preference is 808/909 sounds!

breakmixer wrote:
rob_lee wrote:

Rob
It is a very good set of samples that cover all the parameter settings/sounds available on the 808/909, it is a dedicated Kontakt Library with 808/909 styled interfaces for the individual sounds!

http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/transistor ... tion/pid96

Yes, already got it(and Nepheton) which is why I stated not interested in software solutions.

I just fancy some drum machine hardware, my preference is 808/909 sounds!
Iv'e tried all sorts of software and sample packs and sure they sound good but i like to twiddle the knobs, just personal preference here :-)
Iv'e bought and sold Drumazon/Nepheton etc a few times cause i just like hardware.

Rob

Another Drum Station came on ebay, the Drumstation V2 with a BIN of £200, so I did! Seems to be the same as the D-Station but a different coloured UI.

He listed it as Drum Station, but the photo of the item had the red line at top, which is V2!

So a happy bunny! :D

breakmixer wrote:Another Drum Station came on ebay, the Drumstation V2 with a BIN of £200, so I did! Seems to be the same as the D-Station but a different coloured UI.

He listed it as Drum Station, but the photo of the item had the red line at top, which is V2!

So a happy bunny! :D
Yellow/black = V1 - 5 voice
Red/black = V2 - 5 voice
Silver = D-Station (last ones produced) - 8 voice

Rob

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”