Roland 808 Hardware Clones?(Resolved)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rob_lee wrote:
breakmixer wrote:@ Rob Lee, thanks!

:D

Didn't want to quote your large post!
Your welcome.. there's bidding on a D-Station on Ebay now.. It took me a few years to track down one of these. They rarely come up..grab it if you can here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Novation-D-St ... 19d8aa5244

Rob
Yeah I know, hence this post at this time, shhhh - don't tell anyone! :lol:

I wanted to know if people thought this was good against the others...

Someone is also selling a Quasimidi 309 on KVR, he's PM'ed me about it(Goseba I think), would like some opinions on that, I know it sounds good in it's own right - but for when I want some authentic 808 can it get close...?

breakmixer wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
breakmixer wrote:@ Rob Lee, thanks!

:D

Didn't want to quote your large post!
Your welcome.. there's bidding on a D-Station on Ebay now.. It took me a few years to track down one of these. They rarely come up..grab it if you can here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Novation-D-St ... 19d8aa5244

Rob
Yeah I know, hence this post at this time, shhhh - don't tell anyone! :lol:

I wanted to know if people thought this was good against the others...
Lol.. well i did a private deal with the guy who had his on auction so maybe a PM there :-)
These things sound the business i hope you win it.. i'd bid up to £300 if i didnt' already have one..

Rob

breakmixer wrote:Someone is also selling a Quasimidi 309 on KVR, he's PM'ed me about it(Goseba I think), would like some opinions on that, I know it sounds good in it's own right - but for when I want some authentic 808 can it get close...?
I'm after one of those too.. not in a hurry though as i'm getting Machine drum. Quasimidi had great stuff out i had the Sirius and Raven Max years ago.. Only seen YouTube vids on the 309 :-)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:
breakmixer wrote:Someone is also selling a Quasimidi 309 on KVR, he's PM'ed me about it(Goseba I think), would like some opinions on that, I know it sounds good in it's own right - but for when I want some authentic 808 can it get close...?
I'm after one of those too.. not in a hurry though as i'm getting Machine drum. Quasimidi had great stuff out i had the Sirius and Raven Max years ago.. Only seen YouTube vids on the 309 :-)

Rob
Don't think I'm going to win the auction.

It's a toss up between Quasimidi 309 and Novation D Station I think!

:?

rob_lee wrote: Your welcome.. there's bidding on a D-Station on Ebay now.. It took me a few years to track down one of these. They rarely come up..grab it
I just might. I have a 1u space left in the rack. I see yours is on there too m8.

8)
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
rob_lee wrote: Your welcome.. there's bidding on a D-Station on Ebay now.. It took me a few years to track down one of these. They rarely come up..grab it
I just might. I have a 1u space left in the rack.

8)
I hope your willing to pay over £200 for it then! You'll need to...

breakmixer wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:

8)
;)

thecontrolcentre wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:

8)
;)
Feel free to bid over me, but that's what you'll need to outbid me, Rob Lee is selling his for £300 BIN on Ebay, cheeky sod only paid £180 for it! :hihi: He could of given me first refusal via pm though?

I have also my eye on something else - so don't care if i get outbid!

thecontrolcentre wrote:
I just might. I have a 1u space left in the rack. I see yours is on there too m8.

8)
Yes Dave i don't need it now i ordered the Machine Drum.. Just sold my Virus TI2 Polar aswell..

Ok back to shopping :-)

Rob

breakmixer wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:

8)
;)
Feel free to bid over me, but that's what you'll need to outbid me, Rob Lee is selling his for £300 BIN on Ebay, cheeky sod only paid £180 for it! :hihi: He could of given me first refusal via pm though?

LOL it will sell for £300 easy mate.. watch! :-)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:

8)
;)

Rob
I hope it's the guy bidding against me that does buy it! :lol: I'm stuck at the minute as highest bidder on the other one.

PS I am already watching in 'My Ebay' :P
Last edited by breakmixer on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

breakmixer wrote:It's a toss up between Quasimidi 309 and Novation D Station I think!
The 309 is the strangest sounding virtual analog I've ever used. It sounds like an 80's thrash metal guitarist got to it, with all the mids cut out and the highs and lows cranked. It's certainly unique.

breakmixer wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
breakmixer wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote: I just might. I have a 1u space left in the rack.

8)
;)

Rob
I hope it's the guy bidding against me that does buy it! :lol: I'm stuck at the minute as highest bidder on the other one.
PS

There's 17 watchers on the D-STATION.. watch the neat trick later.. i'll pull the auction (item no longer for sale) that's when people start messaging on Ebay trying to cut deals lol..

rob_lee wrote:There's 17 watchers on the D-STATION...
:-o

I now want to retract my bid on the other - waste of f'in time at £200, I will not win! :shock:

I found a link to an ended USA listing on ebay.com, d station sold at $770.00! :?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”