Elektron Analog Four

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'd like to know your experiences on these:

http://www.elektron.se/content/analog-four

I'm already getting the Machine Drum but i'd quite like to have either the Mono Machine or the Analog Four sitting alongside to complete my setup. So far i'm swayed toward the Analog Four over the Mono Machine after watching videos on YouTube. Do any of you guys have one or more of these beauty's ?
These should complete my setup so all good advice is welcome here.

Thanks

Rob

I have an Octatrack and I just received my AnalogFour today. I have only had enough time to get familiar with navigation and such but the A4 sounds pretty sweet to me so far. I think I could get by with just these two boxes. I plan on spending most of this weekend with the OT and A4 hooked up to my modular. I'll report back once I've had more time with the A4.

I don't have much experience with the MachineDrum or MonoMachine but they both look like fun to me. :)

I've got the MD UW + Analog Four.

It's a great combination. It would be easy to work exclusively with just these 2 boxes and create great music or a complete set.

The A4 oscillators are really flexible and sound pretty damn good. The filters are not "the best" analogue filters you will hear but perfectly fine / very good.

What makes the A4 special is the interaction between the step sequencer and each voice. Sliding notes + parameters is an endless source of fun and new sounds. The sequencer is like a dream to use and really inspirational. Loading individual sounds per step is pretty mind blowing.

The effects are good too. Main let down is only having stereo outs, so if using the effects you would need to record the wet signal but it's not a deal breaker. Routing the external inputs through the filters + step sequencer works great, some really cool effects possible.

There really isn't anything bad to say about it. Personally I would choose the A4 over the MnM.

Check our Chris Randall's blog post about the A4 here:

http://www.analogindustries.com/blog/en ... 0082847634

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Personally I would choose the A4 over the MnM.
+1

justin3am wrote:I have an Octatrack and I just received my AnalogFour today. I have only had enough time to get familiar with navigation and such but the A4 sounds pretty sweet to me so far. I think I could get by with just these two boxes. I plan on spending most of this weekend with the OT and A4 hooked up to my modular. I'll report back once I've had more time with the A4.

I don't have much experience with the MachineDrum or MonoMachine but they both look like fun to me. :)
Thanks Justin that'd be great. The Analog Four is one of those synths that, after watching some great videos on YouTube had me needing it for some reason at any cost. I actually watched videos on the Mono Machine a lot but nothing hit me right away like the Analog Four did. I think i'll pair that up with the Machine Drum UW+

Be nice to hear your thoughts after you've used it a bit :-)

Rob

ZenPunkHippy wrote:I've got the MD UW + Analog Four.

It's a great combination. It would be easy to work exclusively with just these 2 boxes and create great music or a complete set.

The A4 oscillators are really flexible and sound pretty damn good. The filters are not "the best" analogue filters you will hear but perfectly fine / very good.

What makes the A4 special is the interaction between the step sequencer and each voice. Sliding notes + parameters is an endless source of fun and new sounds. The sequencer is like a dream to use and really inspirational. Loading individual sounds per step is pretty mind blowing.

The effects are good too. Main let down is only having stereo outs, so if using the effects you would need to record the wet signal but it's not a deal breaker. Routing the external inputs through the filters + step sequencer works great, some really cool effects possible.

There really isn't anything bad to say about it. Personally I would choose the A4 over the MnM.

Check our Chris Randall's blog post about the A4 here:

http://www.analogindustries.com/blog/en ... 0082847634

Peace,
Andy.
Great Andy,

I love all the details above except the fact that it only has stereo outs. So i'm probably gonna skip the Mono Machine for a few months and get the 2 you have to complete my set up for now. All i need now is a good audio interface that will take all my hardware outputs cause i never had all this gear rigged up before in one go.. it's all stacking up but i'll keep searching for one.

Thanks for the advice guys i'm gonna read Chris Randall's Blog now mate.

Rob

@Justin, Andy

Just been watching videos on the Octatrack here. I'm just wondering if i should go for that along with the Analog Four for now as i could then set up my Novation D-Station and feed it to the Octatrack and mangle my drums in there. Hmmm what to do.. i quite like the features on the OT and i also like Machine Drum but as i'm 100% set on the Analog Four anyways i'm gonna take a day to choose either OT or MD then order direct from Elektron... I might offload my nearly new Virus TI2 Polar i never use it :-( That would bring enough for a third such as the MD later OR i'd buy another Analog synth not sure yet.

Thoughts?

Rob

Can't say much about the Octatrack 'cause I've never used one but if you like re-sampling / remixing beats and want to do that on the fly then it's a sound choice.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Can't say much about the Octatrack 'cause I've never used one but if you like re-sampling / remixing beats and want to do that on the fly then it's a sound choice.

Peace,
Andy.
Yeah Andy cause i can always get the MD next month or so.. I was just thinking of having my Drumstation rigged into the OT from the rack so i can sample my own patches and mangle them from there.. Okay the it's OT and Analog Four for now. Can't wait to play with that thing. Watching videos all morning hehe.
Maybe time to get rid of the TI2 Polar now..

Rob

Ah stuff it i'm buying the MD and Analog Four first.. will get the OT next month.
All day watching videos and i'm sold. This Analog Four box can have a sound/variation of that sound and more for each step, i suspect MD is the same.. now do i get the UW @£1326 or hit buy it now for a normal SPS MK2 on Ebay for £575.. hmm choices to make tonight :-(

Rob

We have new Machinedrum SPS-1 UW mkII's for $1,071 and new OctaTrack's for $891. I personally like them both but see more possibilities with the OctaTrack.

Uncle E wrote:We have new Machinedrum SPS-1 UW mkII's for $1,071 and new OctaTrack's for $891. I personally like them both but see more possibilities with the OctaTrack.
Your in the US though Eric = customs and waiting till christmas lol.
I can get the MD by Tuesday from Glasgow and the Analog Four by thurday direct from Elektron :-)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:Your in the US though Eric = customs and waiting till christmas lol.
I can get the MD by Tuesday from Glasgow and the Analog Four by thurday direct from Elektron :-)
Sure, I can't do anything about customs. We can ship by Fed Ex Guaranteed 2-3 day, though, which costs only slightly more than the 4-10 day International Economy we usually use.

Does Elektron have Analog Four's in stock? I was told they're behind on these. We're waiting for them to ship 8 out to us.

Uncle E wrote: Does Elektron have Analog Four's in stock? I was told they're behind on these. We're waiting for them to ship 8 out to us.
Top right of the page says they're in stock, icon is green :-)

Here:

http://www.elektron.se/content/analog-four

Rob

I was looking at one of these; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160577700583? ... 1438.l2649

I'm thinking of putting the MD and AF in there as i see they're both 4u however i may have to reconsider that cause it don't say anywhere on the Elektron site whether the output board at the back swivels to allow for leads etc. May have to sit these side by side pffft :-(

Rob

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”