Elektron Analog Four

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@Justin

Well? :D

I'm sitting waiting for the NOD here.. what's it like? :)

Rob

MDUW & MM coming tommorrow, no Analog Four units here in the UK so i just contacted Elektron and they have them so i have to order that at the end of the week from Sweden :-( Looks like i won't get to try that for 7-10 days or so.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:MDUW & MM coming tommorrow, no Analog Four units here in the UK so i just contacted Elektron and they have them so i have to order that at the end of the week from Sweden :-( Looks like i won't get to try that for 7-10 days or so.

Rob

DV247 plan to have their stock in at the end of this week. I just enquired. :-)

auricle wrote:
rob_lee wrote:MDUW & MM coming tommorrow, no Analog Four units here in the UK so i just contacted Elektron and they have them so i have to order that at the end of the week from Sweden :-( Looks like i won't get to try that for 7-10 days or so.

Rob

DV247 plan to have their stock in at the end of this week. I just enquired. :-)
Ah ok mate i checked there last night. That's good then i'll wait to see if they do. Can't wait to get my other units tomorrow and have a play :-)
Just ordered 2 sets of rubber knobs direct as well cause apparently the ones that come with the original boxes are naff :-)

Rob

DV247 talk a load of crap. I'd want to actually see the bloody thing before handing any cash over.

tehlord wrote:DV247 talk a load of crap. I'd want to actually see the bloody thing before handing any cash over.
That bad? Used to be great. I usually shop at Andertons in Guildford but they don't do them mate... i'll see what DV say and if they piss about i'll order direct from Elektron :-)

Rob

You know they stiffed me twice for stuff that was 'in stock' but never arrived. Took me a couple of weeks to get my money back.

Thomann is the best music store in Europe, by miles.

In stock

http://www.thomann.de/gb/elektron_analog_four.htm

tehlord wrote:You know they stiffed me twice for stuff that was 'in stock' but never arrived. Took me a couple of weeks to get my money back.

Thomann is the best music store in Europe, by miles.

In stock

http://www.thomann.de/gb/elektron_analog_four.htm
Yeah iv'e shopped with them before. I'll wait and see.. need to sell one more thing then i'll order :-)

Rob

Been playing around with the Machine Drum UW and Mono Machine for a few days whilst waiting for the Analog Four.. I have to say these units are just in a different class. Parameter locks = AMAZING!
I also just ordered the Moog Minitaur, coming tomorrow. I just had to have that after hearing the thing and watching many videos on YouTube. I think that will do just fine along side the Analog Four..

Ok that's me skint till next week :-(

Rob

Elektron gear rocks :D
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Elektron gear rocks :D
I agree Andy BUT now i'm stuck :-(
I have to find something like a Motu Ultralite 3 or similar (i need ins/outs) cause the synth count is racking up here. I need to connect:

1. MDUW
2. MM
3. A4
4. Minitaur
5. x2 Ultra Nova's
6. Virus TI2
7. Novation A+D-Stations

I also just bought that Nektar P4 so i was wondering which way to rig all this up mate. I'm also thinking about jumping on the Ableton Live 9 Suite.. I use Cubase 7 as well.

Any advice mate? I ask cause i never actually tried rigging all this gear up together before and i wanna see all my individual synth appear a separate channels in my DAW..

Rob

Yeah, that is the problem with lots of hardware!

The UAD Apollo is quite popular, has plenty of I/O but possibly a bit new to determine reliability and AFAIK there were some problems with the Win drivers early on. Might be sorted now.

A multi-channel RME would be an excellent choice for reliability, excellent drivers, low latency, great sound. Check out eBay, you might find a bargain from someone who is jumping ship / upgrading.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Yeah, that is the problem with lots of hardware!

The UAD Apollo is quite popular, has plenty of I/O but possibly a bit new to determine reliability and AFAIK there were some problems with the Win drivers early on. Might be sorted now.

A multi-channel RME would be an excellent choice for reliability, excellent drivers, low latency, great sound. Check out eBay, you might find a bargain from someone who is jumping ship / upgrading.

Peace,
Andy.
Wow yeah mate, pretty expensive gear that just to hook up synth :-(
I was actually looking at the Motu Ultralite or 828 MK3.. These seem to have plenty inputs for me. I could always buy the Behringer rack sub mixer and feed it's outs into 2 spare Motu inputs although these would just show as one channel in my DAW so i'd probably use that sub mixer to rig the older Novation synths up.
I think the MOTU would be fine if i connect all the above but only use their stereo outs.
I'm thinking.. decide later.. now i really wanna have my hands on that Minitaur tomorrow :-)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:I could always buy the Behringer rack sub mixer and feed it's outs into 2 spare Motu inputs although these would just show as one channel in my DAW so i'd probably use that sub mixer to rig the older Novation synths up.
It'll be a compromise, both in terms of sound quality and convenience. You'd be better off with an Echo AudioFire 12 keeping all inputs independent.

rob_lee wrote:@Justin

Well? :D

I'm sitting waiting for the NOD here.. what's it like? :)

Rob
Sorry Rob, my weekend was usurped for the purpose of festivities. I've still barely had a chance to play with the presets. So far it sounds very good. My desktop Evolver is looking pretty scared. :lol:

With regards to audio interfaces... I love the Motu 828mk3. I use mine with a Profire2626 as an ADAT expander and I'm rarely short on I/O.

A friend of mine is the project manager for Apollo at UA, so I've been trying to wrangle a deal for one. :)
From what I've seen it's a very nice interface.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”