Elektron Analog Four

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is Chris Randall of AudioDamage using one, looks really good :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... UD3XHvZlkI

Uncle E wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Nothing like playing stuff live.
Agreed! We used to write sequences live, no two performances were the same! :)
Oh p'shaw. :roll: I've been around the block more than once and the key to anything is the interface. Regardless as to what your box is. Trust me, I've owned a Machinedrum and a Monomacine and those things are computers, plain and simple. Sure, they have dedicated hardware interfaces, but for my money Maschine runs rings around anything Elektron makes in terms of ease of use and flexibility. Though, I can say that I've had fun with modular analog synths and messing with Reaktor granulators with a data glove. Like my friend Ani says, "Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right." :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Like my friend Ani says, "Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right." :lol:
True... I also have Maschine, i use both sets of gear nicely along side each other. Sometimes i don't want to boot the DAW and i need a computer for Maschine.
I like both though and i'm glad i have them.. i don't feel any passion using a mouse but i do when i get to twiddle knobs :-)

Rob

abstractcats wrote:Here is Chris Randall of AudioDamage using one, looks really good :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... UD3XHvZlkI
Nice video i like it :)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: Like my friend Ani says, "Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right." :lol:
True... I also have Maschine, i use both sets of gear nicely along side each other. Sometimes i don't want to boot the DAW and i need a computer for Maschine.
I like both though and i'm glad i have them.. i don't feel any passion using a mouse but i do when i get to twiddle knobs :-)

Rob
Fair enough, but I never quite get that attitude. Sure, when a computer system is having issues or the UI is bad, it can be a special flavor of hell, but when they're humming along nicely, there's nothing better, IMO. If I could really get software that sounded as good at something like an Analog 4, I'd sell all my hardware as fast as you can say, "Paypal." I like the mouse as an interface, and slowly, but surely, I'm sure Windows 8 is going to push UI in a more touch-screen friendly style. Anyway, I find the Elektron stuff to be terrible, in terms of UI. It kind of forces yourself into a specific way of working that I find far too limiting. Right around when they announced the Analog 4 I bought a Machinedrum. Great sound... horrible UI IMO. I was excited about the Analog 4 because the demos sound fantastic, but my experience with the Machinedrum totally put me off. Parameter locks are cute, but no replacement for a good automation system.

Machine's not perfect either though. I could go on about it's issues. :roll: For me, it clings too hard to the idea that every function should be accessible via the controller. This totally cripples it in stupid ways. It's software, so why deny users simple functionality that's a staple of computer based sequencing?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
rob_lee wrote:

Rob
Fair enough, but I never quite get that attitude. Sure, when a computer system is having issues or the UI is bad, it can be a special flavor of hell, but when they're humming along nicely, there's nothing better, IMO. If I could really get software that sounded as good at something like an Analog 4, I'd sell all my hardware as fast as you can say, "Paypal." I like the mouse as an interface, and slowly, but surely, I'm sure Windows 8 is going to push UI in a more touch-screen friendly style. Anyway, I find the Elektron stuff to be terrible, in terms of UI. It kind of forces yourself into a specific way of working that I find far too limiting. Right around when they announced the Analog 4 I bought a Machinedrum. Great sound... horrible UI IMO. I was excited about the Analog 4 because the demos sound fantastic, but my experience with the Machinedrum totally put me off. Parameter locks are cute, but no replacement for a good automation system.

Machine's not perfect either though. I could go on about it's issues. :roll: For me, it clings too hard to the idea that every function should be accessible via the controller. This totally cripples it in stupid ways. It's software, so why deny users simple functionality that's a staple of computer based sequencing?
I just like hardware mate.. Maschine, even though a computer is needed fascinates me every time i use it.. the same is true for the Elektron gear. I just wanna make sounds/tracks in different ways rather than just clicking on a mouse. I'm happy i have both MDUW and Maschine i can do all sorts of interesting things with them.. :-)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:i don't feel any passion using a mouse but i do when i get to twiddle knobs :-)
I don't feel any passion when I twiddle knobs. That may be my homophobia coming out. ;)

Uncle E wrote:
rob_lee wrote:i don't feel any passion using a mouse but i do when i get to twiddle knobs :-)
I don't feel any passion when I twiddle knobs. That may be my homophobia coming out. ;)
Haha.. i meant to say poke the pussy ;-)

zerocrossing wrote:I'm sure Windows 8 is going to push UI in a more touch-screen friendly style.
That's what has me clinging on to the idea of a Surface Pro, despite it being way underpowered for the number of supersynths I'm using these days.
For me, it clings too hard to the idea that every function should be accessible via the controller. This totally cripples it in stupid ways. It's software, so why deny users simple functionality that's a staple of computer based sequencing?
I actually primarily use Maschine without the controller. What functionality do you find it to be lacking that way?

rob_lee wrote:Haha.. i meant to say poke the pussy ;-)
LOL! :lol:

We just had a bro moment.

Uncle E wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Haha.. i meant to say poke the pussy ;-)
LOL! :lol:

We just had a bro moment.
:nutter: :smack: :D

About Minitaur? Where is the vst editor software? I'm on the Moog site i made an account but there's no software in the downloads section just manuals/pdf???
I just felt like making some presets for it tonight. I just emailed their support but if anyone has the software could they send it to me. I noticed a few people there asking for the link in the comments page.

Rob

Never mind Moog replied i have to actually register the Minitaur in order to get the download link.

Cheers

i love my minitaur going through the bugcrusher :love:

vurt wrote:i love my minitaur going through the bugcrusher :love:
I was gonna ask Vurt...i fancy a little fx unit to feed mine through as well :-)

Rob

Errr i just extracted the installer i click on it then this :-(

Rob

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”