Elektron Analog Four

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge but how i can upgrade the os of elektron analog 4?

i download the syx file from the site,,and then what?thank you! :) :love:

Here's how;

Load it into elektron's C6 utility. Connect the A4 via USB. Select the A4 as MIDI in and out channels within C6. Go to Global menu, in MIDI setup first make sure MIDI In is set to 'MIDI + USB'. Then go to option 'OS Upgrade', press yes. It'll say 'waiting for sysex' indefinitely until you're done. Press send in the C6 program and wait for it to finish. Don't turn off the A4 until it's done.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

could someone tell me how the A4 handles external signal?
I see it has stereo inputs, is this adressed seperately from the track count or by the fx track or does it take from one of the four voice tracks?
I'm considering buying one and would like to run my other synths through the A4s fx

External audio is processed uses a special oscillator type Inp-L and Inp-R. These can be assigned to any of the tracks including the FX track so you don't need to waste a synth voice.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

I should add:

You will need to use one of the synth tracks to process external audio through the analogue filters.

Peace,
Andy.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:External audio is processed uses a special oscillator type Inp-L and Inp-R. These can be assigned to any of the tracks including the FX track so you don't need to waste a synth voice.

Peace,
Andy.
Hmmm... This is likely a bit much to hope for but, can the in's be adressed independently as two mono signals. Allowing me to use the A4 as a mixer/fx unit for my other two mono synths while still using all the internal voicings?

Left and right inputs can be processed separately and can also be panned separately on the FX channel.

The delay can be mono, but the reverb and (I think) the chorus are both stereo.

Is it bossible to connect a virus snow to the elektron(send midisignals to the virus for example)And how if so?

One more question!can i controll the midi of a4 from my daw?

for example for each of 4 voices is there a dadicated midi track which i can control from my cubase?

Thank you! :love:

@ janke - there is no MIDI out from the Analog Four step sequencers and its not known if that will be added in the future.

@ vasilis_et.ma - yes each track can be address one a separate MIDI channel. Using an external sequencer works fine and it's fun, but it's kinda missing the point of the A4 - it works best when using p-locks to modify the sound parameters in mid sequence - kind of like built in automation.

Peace,
Andy.

Well, just checked my tracking #, I should have my A4 by tomorrow evening.
Yay :!:
Life is good

:cool:

ZenPunkHippy wrote::cool:
and, thanks for your help and advice on the audio in.

Well just incorporated my new baby into the rig.
All I can say is wow I shoulda done this a long time back.
So much to explore!

Analog4 OS 1.1 released today! I can't wait to get home to try it out. :cry:
Here are the most noteworthy changes from the release notes:
OS 1.1 is a major update for the Analog Four, it is also the first OS for the new Analog Keys synthesizer.
The update enables a non-volatile storage unit called the +DRIVE, which is already built into every
Analog Four and Keys. The +DRIVE allows you to store thousands of sounds and more than a hundred
different projects inside your machine.
OS 1.1 also has powerful, multitimbral polyphony support both to the synthesizer and the built-in
sequencer, bringing many new possibilities.
The digital control system has also been tweaked such that the analog ladder filter can reach much higher
levels of resonance, allowing for new sonic possibilities.
There are many changes, improvements and fixes under the hood.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”