sE Munro Egg 150's. Bought.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lfm wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Same selection criteria here actually.

Bugger it, my shortlist is:
- Genelec 8040
- Dynaudio BM6A MkII
- Adam A7X
- Focal CMS65
Spooky - instead of Genelec I had KRK VXT 6 or 8 - otherwise the same. ;)
haha.

Spooky indeed.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

-edit-
Last edited by u_f_o on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So my four shortlisted options have been absolutely smashed into oblivion by SE Munro Eggs.
These are without any doubt the best speakers I've ever heard, ever :love:

I collect next Tues 8)

Hey Mushy, did you have the opportunity to compare them with the focal cms65 ? The egg were on my shortlist when i changed my monitors, but never had the chance to demo them, so i went with cms (and i'm happy so far, just curious).
Congrats for this new set of speakers ! :)

budweiser wrote:Hey Mushy, did you have the opportunity to compare them with the focal cms65 ? The egg were on my shortlist when i changed my monitors, but never had the chance to demo them, so i went with cms (and i'm happy so far, just curious).
Congrats for this new set of speakers ! :)
Hey mate, no I didn't actually. He is getting them in for me next Tues to test, but I doubt very much whether they'll hold a candle to the Eggs.
The Genelecs were closer of the two, but the Eggs were just astoundingly good.

Thanx ! Let me know about the winner ! :)

Id like to hear your feedback with the Munro Eggs as well! I am very interested in these monitors myself since they are forgiving in oddly shaped rooms. The only thing I am kind of curious about is the bass response since i think there is no way to attach a subwoofer to the speakers.

I am in a very small space (2 room apartment sized space) and have quite a bit of bookshelves laid out around me and I am really looking into getting a good set of monitors. I was considering the Munro Eggs because I have read that they can sound excellent in cluttered smaller rooms due to their odd shapes.

Cheers!
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Id like to hear your feedback with the Munro Eggs as well! I am very interested in these monitors myself since they are forgiving in oddly shaped rooms. The only thing I am kind of curious about is the bass response since i think there is no way to attach a subwoofer to the speakers.

I am in a very small space (2 room apartment sized space) and have quite a bit of bookshelves laid out around me and I am really looking into getting a good set of monitors. I was considering the Munro Eggs because I have read that they can sound excellent in cluttered smaller rooms due to their odd shapes.

Cheers!
The bass response is absolutely gobsmackingly delicious. The Genelecs were quite boomy and Dynaudios had very little. The sE's on the other hand went deeper than both and was incredibly smooth.

I played some very detailed psytrance (Ajja) and Shpongle on them and they detailed every single layer. Even the guy in the shop said he wanted some acid after the listening sessions :lol:

The Adams were out of the running immediately and I was down to the Eggs, Genelecs and Dyn's.
The Dyn's came third on all tracks - by a big margin.
The Genelecs sounded better than the Eggs 10% of the time, but the Eggs sounded astonishing all the time :love:

Mushy Mushy wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Id like to hear your feedback with the Munro Eggs as well! I am very interested in these monitors myself since they are forgiving in oddly shaped rooms. The only thing I am kind of curious about is the bass response since i think there is no way to attach a subwoofer to the speakers.

Cheers!
The bass response is absolutely gobsmackingly delicious. The Genelecs were quite boomy and Dynaudios had very little. The sE's on the other hand went deeper than both and was incredibly smooth.

I played some very detailed psytrance (Ajja) and Shpongle on them and they detailed every single layer. Even the guy in the shop said he wanted some acid after the listening sessions :lol:

The Adams were out of the running immediately and I was down to the Eggs, Genelecs and Dyn's.
The Dyn's came third on all tracks - by a big margin.
The Genelecs sounded better than the Eggs 10% of the time, but the Eggs sounded astonishing all the time :love:

This is exactly what I wanna hear! :love:

Now I need to audition some and put aside a savings fund for a pair after I pay off some bills to mastercard :cry: :lol:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:This is exactly what I wanna hear! :love:

Now I need to audition some and put aside a savings fund for a pair after I pay off some bills to mastercard :cry: :lol:
Originally I was looking at monitors in the £1k range. However after hearing the sE's they're well worth the extra £600.

These will do me for years, so well worth the investment.
I definitely recommend you continue to save and get something you'll be unreservedly happy with.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”