Waldorf Blofeld - Anyone own one?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I'm planning on buying a Waldorf Blofeld Desktop Synthesizer for my synth. It's seems pretty interesting due to the fact that it's small and lightweight for portable use. The price looks promising :)

Here's you can view the included patches on the Blofeld: http://tny.cz/4458a11a

So far, it seems like it's good quality, however I cannot say that since I haven't got my hands on one. Does anybody here tried a Blofeld? Please give me your reviews. I'm looking forward into getting this :D
Abiky Lifeman - Musician

Yeah i have a couple of these, keyboard and desktop. Great synths from a great company. Go buy one ;-)

Good luck

rob_lee wrote:Yeah i have a couple of these, keyboard and desktop. Great synths from a great company. Go buy one ;-)

Good luck
+1

(...i got only one.) :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

had one and sold it but if you are a hardware geek it's a great little desktop synth no question.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I've got one too and and it's a great unit.
A very good choice, though I wish Waldorf released an editor/librarian for it.
Last edited by Ghostwave on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Ingonator wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Yeah i have a couple of these, keyboard and desktop. Great synths from a great company. Go buy one ;-)

Good luck
+1

(...i got only one.) :)

Ingo
I needed more poly , besides BOELE has 4 lol

Rob

By all means, demo it before you buy it. I had one here for 2 days, and it just wasn't my kind of thing, so i sent it back. Nothing worse than buying something on recommendation of others. Afaic, the Waldorf sound is not for everyone, but some people love it.

chk071 wrote: the Waldorf sound is not for everyone, but some people love it.

That's true... the OP should just go and try it out hands on in store. I love the Waldorf sound personally, have done for many many years.

Rob

rob_lee wrote:That's true... the OP should just go and try it out hands on in store. I love the Waldorf sound personally, have done for many many years.
Hmm...I might give it a try at my local store. If I'm happy with the sound, then I'll buy it :wink:
Abiky Lifeman - Musician

Abiky wrote:
rob_lee wrote:That's true... the OP should just go and try it out hands on in store. I love the Waldorf sound personally, have done for many many years.
Hmm...I might give it a try at my local store. If I'm happy with the sound, then I'll buy it :wink:
Yeah best thing to do ;-)

I got a bunch of patches made by this guy, Rob I think his name was, and my Blofeld sounded even better than it did before!

Karten wrote:I've got one too and and it's a great unit.
A very good choice, though I wish Waldorf released an editor/librarian for it.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I too am interested in the Blofeld keyboard. The sounds I have heard are amazing to me and would work well for my style of music. I am, however, concerned about the numerous bug reports, encoders and lack of updates. I think waldorf has a real gem with the blofeld. I am aware they are a small company and have their priorities and do the best they can. Just have to be very careful how I spend my hard earned cash. Any comments on the Blofeld keyboard? I am finally going to the Bay Area next week to try one out.

I almost bought one of these (keyboard version) but bailed out at the last minute due to the lack of controls on the synth itself.....it looks like you will have to do most of the tweaking via software :(

Despite having just 6 knobs, Blofeld is at times much easier to work with than with a Virus TI, in fact. Waldorf's matrix style interface is EXTREMELY well laid out.

Plus, most important parameters are MIDI CCable, so you could pair up a Blokey with BCR2000...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”