Waldorf Pulse 2: officially released (OS updated to v1.18)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!
Please is it possible to wright more detailed instructions for updating Pulse 2 firmware?
Or make video tutorial? Please! I did follow instructions in Pulse 2 manual and i was not succesfull :help: I have Windows 7 and work with Ableton 9. I did not understand how to update via MIDIOX - when i played update midi file in MIDIBAR utility - it said, that there is no midi device installed in system. But i can normally play Pulse 2 sounds in Ableton 9.
In manual is also recomended to play update midi file in Windows Media Player. I really don´t understand that... Please help! Anybody... Sorry for my stupidity :pray:

Run midi-ox

1. Options - Midi Devices - Assign pulse 2 as your in and outs

2. Actions - Play midi, Midi Bar appears, browse to the update file, open - play file

3. Pulse 2 gets auto updated, nothing more to do!

Done

mataiotechnia wrote:Hello!
Please is it possible to wright more detailed instructions for updating Pulse 2 firmware?
Or make video tutorial? Please! I did follow instructions in Pulse 2 manual and i was not succesfull :help: I have Windows 7 and work with Ableton 9. I did not understand how to update via MIDIOX - when i played update midi file in MIDIBAR utility - it said, that there is no midi device installed in system. But i can normally play Pulse 2 sounds in Ableton 9.
In manual is also recomended to play update midi file in Windows Media Player. I really don´t understand that... Please help! Anybody... Sorry for my stupidity :pray:
MIDI-OX installs another small software called "MIDIBar". works perfectly with that one.
Set the output port (e.g. "Pulse 2 " when connected by USB, slect the file from the browser and start play. Works nicely here.

I guess this was mentioned multiple times here including a dedicated part in the first post in this thread.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thank You all, but i did it exactly this way before. Manytimes. MidiOx input and output are set to Pulse 2(MIDIBAR aswell)...And everytime when MIDIBAR starts to play file it says: IN YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT INSTALLED ANY MIDI DEVICE. INSTALL DRIVER IN WINDOWS CONTROL PANEL. AD DEVICE...something like this. I tried it also in SHIFT+MOD mode:) I know You mentioned it manytimes and first thing i did was reading almost whole topic in this forum to find more solutions... I am wondering, what i´m doing wrong... Please help!

mataiotechnia wrote:Thank You all, but i did it exactly this way before. Manytimes. MidiOx input and output are set to Pulse 2(MIDIBAR aswell)...And everytime when MIDIBAR starts to play file it says: IN YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT INSTALLED ANY MIDI DEVICE. INSTALL DRIVER IN WINDOWS CONTROL PANEL. AD DEVICE...something like this. I tried it also in SHIFT+MOD mode:) I know You mentioned it manytimes and first thing i did was reading almost whole topic in this forum to find more solutions... I am wondering, what i´m doing wrong... Please help!
try a different computer

Problem solved. So the thing was to play midi file ONLY in MIDIBAR with no MIDIOX running:)
Anyway, thanks a lot for Your time!

And...

...I got my Pulse 2 this weekend. Wow, what a lovely synth, h u g e sounding. Updating the firmware on a Mac is kinda super easy too.

Only drag I can see is that this thing sounds so good that when I eventually get round to putting it into compositions as opposed to just noodling, it sounds so good there's gonna be lots of bouncing and then re-using the Pulse on another track. Still, nice 'problem' to have.

samsam wrote:Only drag I can see is that this thing sounds so good that when I eventually get round to putting it into compositions as opposed to just noodling, it sounds so good there's gonna be lots of bouncing and then re-using the Pulse on another track. Still, nice 'problem' to have.
Excellent! Yes, a very nice problem to have. At least with its paraphonic mode, you don't have to multitrack just to do chords like I do with my monosynths.

Uncle E wrote:
samsam wrote:Only drag I can see is that this thing sounds so good that when I eventually get round to putting it into compositions as opposed to just noodling, it sounds so good there's gonna be lots of bouncing and then re-using the Pulse on another track. Still, nice 'problem' to have.
Excellent! Yes, a very nice problem to have. At least with its paraphonic mode, you don't have to multitrack just to do chords like I do with my monosynths.
:tu:

And it arrived on the Saturday of a long weekend - Monday (today) is a public holiday. V sweet indeed.

Hi Guys . one my friend its ready to swap his pulse 2 for our blokey do u think would be a good deal?

Since Waldorf recently is on an updating spree, does any one know if there is an firmware update in the works for Pulse 2?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Rommelaar wrote:Since Waldorf recently is on an updating spree, does any one know if there is an firmware update in the works for Pulse 2?
1.15 just out ! http://www.waldorf-music.info/pulse2downloads

I tried the RC in the week and it fixed my note triggering issues - great news.

Waldorf Pulse 2 Firmware V 1.15 Changes:

* Restoring missing sound categories (DUB, LUSH, STRG ...)
* Fixing oscillator bug (very problematic with glide)
* Fixing program change reception (now respect the MIDI Specs) - Only "bank LSB" is interpreted, bank selection loops from bank 0 to 4 - Program change is clamped to 0 - 99 to select patches within the bank - Bank is retained as stated and reseted on reception of "Reset All Controllers"
* Fixing major USB stack (following the sending of a patch)

It's nice to see the new firmware, but I was hoping they would fix the issue with the patch number utilising the full LCD. I thought we'd see something more similar to how the Blofeld uses its LCD real estate. Would be nice to see envelopes, LFOs and filters, in that big display.

Also, is there any news on the FX Board they're planning for this unit? I'd be happy to purchase ASAP to help beef up the sound of this wicked synth internally.

Cheers. 

Waldorf just released a new Pulse 2 firmware v1.16:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/pulse2downloads

changes since v1.15 (full changelog included with the download):
- Program change bug introduced in version 1.15 fixed
- Complete (MSB, LSB, PGM) program change message is sent over MIDI / USB when selecting a preset from front panel
- Correcting the arp "auto-starting" bug occurring in Reason / Live when looping patterns with arpeggiator disabled.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”