Waldorf Pulse 2: officially released (OS updated to v1.18)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having the same issue as many other users: the presets are very uneven, volume-wise, even with the new update. It's pretty clear that the issue is that the patches that make use of the Drive FX really add a big boost to their overall signal. The ideal, I guess would be an option to have a limiter match any additional gain from the Drive output, so that all patches have the same maximum peaks, regardless of the use of Drive.

Or put Drive on everything. :hyper:

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:I'm having the same issue as many other users: the presets are very uneven, volume-wise, even with the new update. It's pretty clear that the issue is that the patches that make use of the Drive FX really add a big boost to their overall signal. The ideal, I guess would be an option to have a limiter match any additional gain from the Drive output, so that all patches have the same maximum peaks, regardless of the use of Drive.

Or put Drive on everything. :hyper:
Match volume > save patch in same position/same name: problem solved. :)

Synth patches are never volume matches since they have completely different characters.

Program your own sounds, that's why it's called a "synthesiser".

I've been programming synths for 27 years, smart ass.

Here's a little something I put together today featuring presets and Nedsets...

https://soundcloud.com/ned-bouhalassa/f ... dorf-pulse

Very nice, shows off what the synth is capable of really well, really love the bass line, has a very phat, fruity, Moogy feel. Good stuff.

THAT was *very* nice!! May I ask if that was a phaser used on background beautiful pads, what in-fact type did you use?
Safely say that demo was the final example that has sold me on Pulse 2 and I also have *no plans* of ever selling my Classic Pulse+ either.

Top stuff, Ned.

namnibor wrote:THAT was *very* nice!! May I ask if that was a phaser used on background beautiful pads, what in-fact type did you use?
Safely say that demo was the final example that has sold me on Pulse 2 and I also have *no plans* of ever selling my Classic Pulse+ either.
Thanks for the compliment! The phase shifter is the one that comes built-in with Logic's Pedalboard. The other fx, delay and verb, are from TC Electronics pedals.

Well Mr. Ned, you made me buy Pulse 2 last night. Great demo.

Ha, very cool! Enjoy and do share some music you make with it. 8)

Been using my Pulse 2 for a while now, and I'm really glad I waited for it.

The sound is freaking awesome! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Looking for some help until I hear back from support. I just got my P2 today. After doing the firmware update from .12 to .13, I get a blank screen with all led's lit solid red, and if I hit Shift+Sound, I get the message sys? midi!, which allows me to try to send the firmware again, which it shows as receiving it, but then just goes back to a blank screen.

illumin wrote:Looking for some help until I hear back from support. I just got my P2 today. After doing the firmware update from .12 to .13, I get a blank screen with all led's lit solid red, and if I hit Shift+Sound, I get the message sys? midi!, which allows me to try to send the firmware again, which it shows as receiving it, but then just goes back to a blank screen.
Seems like the same problem I had a month ago. I updated using cubase. Doesnt work. Try to update with midibar from midiox.

milwel traamen wrote:
illumin wrote:Looking for some help until I hear back from support. I just got my P2 today. After doing the firmware update from .12 to .13, I get a blank screen with all led's lit solid red, and if I hit Shift+Sound, I get the message sys? midi!, which allows me to try to send the firmware again, which it shows as receiving it, but then just goes back to a blank screen.
Seems like the same problem I had a month ago. I updated using cubase. Doesnt work. Try to update with midibar from midiox.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately no luck. I've tried Midibar, the Macupdater, all to no avail. Waldorf support have determined my unit to be defective, so now I'm just waiting for a response from JRR Shop to try to do a replacement/swap..... =/

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”