MiniBrute Owners...an LFO question+ Kick Sound

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im having trouble with the LFO...im tryin to do a really low speed filter sweep, but the cutoof never goes down to full closed from fully open

i did this on an SH101 recently using a basic init patch to sample the filter response etc, but can seem to do it on the MiniBrute

im using an init/raw osc patch with LP filter > cutt off full open (tried with fully closed too) and LFO/sine wave (tried wqith triangle too)

the filter will open and close to a certain degree, but not fully in either direction

any ideas?

thanks
Last edited by Kriminal on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I suppose with the filter cutoff right in the middle? Like 12o clock?
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Mind you, i don't have it right in front of me now, but i seem to remember doing it that way...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

i dont have one, but no lfo depth setting?

Chopper wrote:I suppose with the filter cutoff right in the middle? Like 12o clock?
i tried that, but it doesnt open/close fully at any setting

edit: just tried again, its the closest it will go at 50% mark...
vurt wrote:i dont have one, but no lfo depth setting?
yes, depth is set to full

Do you have your mod wheel destination set to cut off? I just tested, and couldn't get a full sweep until I put the mod wheel selector on vibrato and put the cut off to zero. Also had to play with the kb tracking. 33% seemed to pretty much give the full range to the sweep for me

Ta, i'll try in a bit.

dunno what it is about this synth and its filter, its a bit odd...great sounds, but it behaves very diff to normal filters...

ive tried every trick i know and cannot get a kick drum sounds from the MiniBrute, and looking on the web it seems no-one else can :?

Any ideas?

AtaRaxis wrote:Do you have your mod wheel destination set to cut off? I just tested, and couldn't get a full sweep until I put the mod wheel selector on vibrato and put the cut off to zero. Also had to play with the kb tracking. 33% seemed to pretty much give the full range to the sweep for me
setting cut off to zero produces no sound at all, at 50% its as close as i can get to a full up/down sweep

Final bump on the kick question.

You can create some kicks by self oscillation of the filter, see also the user tips in this thread on Gearslutz:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... s-how.html

ruud07 wrote:You can create some kicks by self oscillation of the filter
i know how to make them, seems like the filter isnt up to it in the MB
ruud07 wrote: see also the user tips in this thread on Gearslutz:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... s-how.html
thanks, saw that a while back. As i said, i havent heard anyone else make a convincing kick sound yet...

Most of the time I get kick sounds with a lot of distortion with the MiniBrute. With the MiniBrute you get a lot of sound possibilities for the money, but (rounded) kicks are not easy to dial in for sure.

Yeah you can def get some nice dist/metallic perc sounds, but the typical kick is being elusive...

for those interested, i came across this trick:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/in ... ic=14619.0

will be trying it myself soon as the Brute has warmed up :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”