New Roland "DANCE" hardware- AIRA TR-8, TB-3, VT-3, SYSTEM-1

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Roland deserve all the slagging off they get. And when people are routinely let down again and again they have a right to be jaded on the internets. The minute Roland put a foot right you know as well as I do all will be forgiven and they'll be welcomed back with open arms by the synthesis community at large.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

just say no!

It is quite funny watching all the press jump on this like it is going to change the world hahahaha
Even if this thing was a 1:1 808 recreation, it is 2014 and for a few bucks you can be using 808 kits, this thing is not going to be cheap no matter how good it is ;)
Duh

Erm, what exactly have Roland done wrong? Release keyboards and synths KvR doesnt like?

They havent gone bankrupt, so business cant be to bad....

as far as im concerned, nothing.
but when i hear "roland" or read it, only one man comes to mind :hihi:

Looks like tehre's 8 products in the line up...be interesting to see if they are all genres remade

http://www.roland.co.uk/aira/

Tr808 and the reumoured tb-03, I reckon could be sh-01 and a few others, who knows.

Hoping we are going to see analogue in there somewhere... :clown:

When will they reveal the next device? :)

"At that time, electronic music and dance did not yet exist"...
Oh really... That's so dumb I'm not even gonna bother.

Maybe the saddest thing will be that a sample library of the original TR-808 (Revolution-808) will still be a better sounding (without a doubt) and generally better alternative than that new product. What a waste to make a "reissue" of a hardly tweakable analog synth. Yeah yeah, "it's about the interface", "it's more inspiring", "but the sequencer!" (then just release a proper sequencer..) and crap like that.

Just strange people at Roland.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Feeling a bit like some old Playstation commercial, "Forget about PlayStation, play with Stick intead"

So you no get 808/909. you get'ta TM-2

Kriminal wrote:Erm, what exactly have Roland done wrong? Release keyboards and synths KvR doesnt like?

Who brought right and wrong into it?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

It is quite funny watching all the press jump on this like it is going to change the world hahahaha
It will change my world.

So you have heard and used it have you ?
You have no idea what it will change, but well done for thinking you can see into the future ;)
Duh

Sendy wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Erm, what exactly have Roland done wrong? Release keyboards and synths KvR doesnt like?

Who brought right and wrong into it?
The haters

haters gonna hate!

VA it seems...

Let's hope it sounds good.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”