New Roland "DANCE" hardware- AIRA TR-8, TB-3, VT-3, SYSTEM-1

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Prophet '08 is so low quality compared to Prophet-5 that it's the ultimate example of a poor modern day "reissue". Yes, Roland could definitely do the same.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Shy wrote:Prophet '08 is so low quality compared to Prophet-5 that it's the ultimate example of a poor modern day "reissue". Yes, Roland could definitely do the same.
True, but I have to give Dave Smith a point in style when comparing the Prophet 5 with the Prophet 08, and the Roland original and "updated" Jupiter. Or the TB303 and the MC303. Yeah. Not fair and not entirely correct comparison, but still. Dave seem to have a genuine interest in making instruments - where Roland squarely goes where they believe the biggest profit is to be made.

I really cannot see how Roland can turn around this quickly and whip up a R&D department with focus on analogue stuff, the same way as Korg has done for years. I can't remember who said it, but it wouldn't surprise me if their next synth with be something of the same old concept - but with an added analogue filter or such.

Roland
We design the future

Sure they do. The future of wedding singers :hihi:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

chk071 wrote:Millions? Are you sure? ;) Wonder how many acid heads there are left...

Not sure if i would call the guys running Roland idiots too. After all, they managed to keep the company in a difficult business for decades. Of course with more appeal to mass taste, but then, if that's what it takes to survive as a company...
Sorry your right...

...I meant trillions!

:hihi:
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Shy wrote:Prophet '08 is so low quality compared to Prophet-5 that it's the ultimate example of a poor modern day "reissue". Yes, Roland could definitely do the same.
The prophet 08 low quality,are you kindling me?

nix808 wrote:
antto wrote:
George wrote: Roland MC-202 :love:
202? :uhuhuh:
We'd have to ask Josh,
but AFAIK it was not a 303.
I read it somewhere more than once
it's a 303 into a mackie mixer w/the mixer channel being overdriven. he said so in more than one interview. :wink:

damoog wrote:
The prophet 08 low quality,are you kindling me?
Uh-oh, now you've done it. Shy doesn't kid. Ever.

faun2500 wrote:It annoys me too. They would sell a million of them. The people running the company must be idiots. lol
Quote from Tom Ellard
"If Internet Nerds ran the world: all that Roland has to do is reissue their oldest equipment. The world is dying for an SH1 all over again. Why does Roland not see this!!1!!?

Actually like any large company Roland are pretty good at market research, and what they have found is visible right there in the product: nerds aren't the customers. The buyers are the one man bands that play Bye Bye Miss American Pie at your local. They're the suburban church or the guy that has to come up with 23 minutes of incidental music for some cable TV show. The people that need a decent piano are 50x the ones that whine about analogue fatness.

The Roland Bassline 303 was designed for the one man band, and when he found it was useless for Miss American Pie he hocked it. The next guy bought it for 40 bucks, and mistaking it for a Roland MC202 (the real source of 'acid') started pushing buttons at random, which is easy enough to become a fashion. The one man band guys didn't actually want any of that, but they wanted to feel like it was an option just in case, and Roland carefully supplied boxes called MC-something-or-other that still worked for the choir practice on Sundays". :D :D
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

risome wrote:
faun2500 wrote:Actually like any large company Roland are pretty good at market research, and what they have found is visible right there in the product: nerds aren't the customers. The buyers are the one man bands that play Bye Bye Miss American Pie at your local.
According to that logic, Roland would now be on top of the synthesizer/keyboard market and it would be very successful. Why am I then getting the impression that Korg is far more successful with its synthesizers than Roland? Or maybe you are one of those who are expecting Bye Bye Miss American Pie played with an MS20? :hihi:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Pure specualtions without any real hard evidences of the afformentioned companies profits charts. Now, an ex collegue of mine, who was repairing equipments for ages, was called a few weeks ago to japan to work on a roland project... They used the word ''modules'' when they spoke to him. I am holding my breath... They are keen to jump on the current trend/revival, this is something they clearly said. But anything they made post mid-eighties has been nothing but dissapointments to me. Even the jp8000. Fair play to them for delivering the VA concept (which i hate in hardware form, by the way... Especially from them...), or the "groovebox" concept, but they still can't develop descent digital filters or OSCs as far as i am concerned. My SH09 is still the house of the fattest OSC i have ever heard, tho... I sold so many classics when i got it years ago (moogs included).... Come on Roland... Your schematics are all over the net... Bring that sound back!
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

maybe it'll be announced just in time to be overshadowed by whatever (probably better thing) elektron is releasing :D

http://www.elektronauts.com/home/news

dayjob wrote:Image
A set of 12 wood crafting chisels, for the DIY enthusiast?

Definitely interesting. The wood suggests analogue ... something keys related ... poly A4 with keyboard? A12?

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
dayjob wrote:Image
A set of 12 wood crafting chisels, for the DIY enthusiast?

Definitely interesting. The wood suggests analogue ... something keys related ... poly A4 with keyboard? A12?

Peace,
Andy.
A12 keyboard? I'll sell my....
Hey you can live with one kidney right?

The 'New Elektron "DANCE PRODUCTION" hardware incoming...' thread is that way :arrow: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=396045

:)

http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/27-yocto ... tr808.html

Thought this may be off interest to some of those in this thread...

breakmixer wrote:http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/27-yocto ... tr808.html

Thought this may be off interest to some of those in this thread...
yep, pretty kool
I haven't heard of e-licktronics before though...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”