New Roland "DANCE" hardware- AIRA TR-8, TB-3, VT-3, SYSTEM-1

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

someone on IDM Forums mentioned that "dal culo" (the rest of the thomann url) means "from the ass" :lol:

Google Translate concurs :hihi:
Meh.

Being honest, waiting for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - a goddam new and revived TB303 analogue with further modern day advancements. I think there's a lot of fearing the lack of what is going to be delivered verse hope of the dream! Presumptive rejection.

I am sure the end results will inevitably be mitigated, praised, compared, slated and scorned.

Personally anything new is always good news...well most of the time, well maybe some of the time...who am I kidding,

"No news is good news" :hug:

So the basic appeal of this would be for the hands on hardware crowd? For those working entirely itb do you think there is anything *sound* wise new Roland re creations of classics could do that we can't do with the massive kontakt libraries available, or the emus from d16 and audiorealism? Of course it's just speculation at this point but I am wondering if those who were willing to take an educated guess would think there could be anything sound wise that we can't do already.

Kriminal wrote:
Sendy wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Erm, what exactly have Roland done wrong? Release keyboards and synths KvR doesnt like?

They havent gone bankrupt, so business cant be to bad....
Who brought right and wrong into it?
The haters
I just see people stating their opinion for the most part. The whole haters/fanbois thing, while true in a few unbalanced individuals, is largely an overdramatization of what is really synth nerds expressing their opinion - in this case, disappointment in a company that used to make things for synth nerds, has promise and potential to make things for synth nerds, but ultimately falls short of the synth nerd seal of approval :hihi:

I'm sure they're not crying over it.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I was hoping to see a next generation of Grooveboxes.

Sendy wrote:Roland deserve all the slagging off they get. And when people are routinely let down again and again they have a right to be jaded on the internets. The minute Roland put a foot right you know as well as I do all will be forgiven and they'll be welcomed back with open arms by the synthesis community at large.
what people routinely feel let down ? not the share holders I take it ? or the people who actually buy the instruments and make music with them ? quite a portion of whom are even putting food on the table with those instruments...

anyway, be asshurt, it's your god given right. my only grievance is with the shit unfunny attempts at humour. please, asshurt office comedians, up your comedy game, or just be asshurt without trying to put a funny stint on it... because the trite jokes are just shit. plain and simple. kthxbai.

TheoM wrote:So the basic appeal of this would be for the hands on hardware crowd? For those working entirely itb do you think there is anything *sound* wise new Roland re creations of classics could do that we can't do with the massive kontakt libraries available, or the emus from d16 and audiorealism? Of course it's just speculation at this point but I am wondering if those who were willing to take an educated guess would think there could be anything sound wise that we can't do already.
ya, it's mainly for the hands on hardware crowd... live performance types. that's why the faders are a win, and the haters fail to see that because they don't actually perform. but i digress.

soundwise, for someone ITB, I'd say even if this is a 100% analogue beast there's nothing here to really add to your palette. Not just because of all the sample libraries of vintage hardware that already exists, and the quality of ITB vstis, but also because someone will inevitably sample the AIRA TR-08 et al and you'll get access to those sounds anyway - if they're genuinely new sounds {which I'm skeptical about}.

from an ITB point of view, this wouldn't even be on my radar, except for maybe keeping my ear to the ground for sample libraries down the road.

ChiTown24 wrote:
TheoM wrote:So the basic appeal of this would be for the hands on hardware crowd? For those working entirely itb do you think there is anything *sound* wise new Roland re creations of classics could do that we can't do with the massive kontakt libraries available, or the emus from d16 and audiorealism? Of course it's just speculation at this point but I am wondering if those who were willing to take an educated guess would think there could be anything sound wise that we can't do already.
ya, it's mainly for the hands on hardware crowd... live performance types. that's why the faders are a win, and the haters fail to see that because they don't actually perform. but i digress.

soundwise, for someone ITB, I'd say even if this is a 100% analogue beast there's nothing here to really add to your palette. Not just because of all the sample libraries of vintage hardware that already exists, and the quality of ITB vstis, but also because someone will inevitably sample the AIRA TR-08 et al and you'll get access to those sounds anyway - if they're genuinely new sounds {which I'm skeptical about}.

from an ITB point of view, this wouldn't even be on my radar, except for maybe keeping my ear to the ground for sample libraries down the road.

Thanks for the excellent reply. Cheers

I don't think Roland have ever been interested in Analog. Even with the Jupiters they were just using analog to their goal which was emulating instruments. They never made the original groove boxes for what they were used for either. They have never said or done anything that makes me think they have the slightest interest in doing analog again.

I was hoping it would be an actual re-issue, but once I saw the pictures I realized it probably won't be. From what I've seen this is virtual analog. Probably all the new products are too.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... bs%3Dqdr:d

What we can wait to see is how affordable they are, what features they have and how good they sound.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

KrisM wrote:someone on IDM Forums mentioned that "dal culo" (the rest of the thomann url) means "from the ass" :lol:
indeed, the URL path "Aira_dal_culo.html" is an Italian wordplay on "aria dal culo", which means "air from the ass", eg. fart.

(just so you all can appreciate the joke :-))

cheers,
Aldo

Sendy wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
Sendy wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Erm, what exactly have Roland done wrong? Release keyboards and synths KvR doesnt like?

They havent gone bankrupt, so business cant be to bad....
Who brought right and wrong into it?
The haters
I just see people stating their opinion for the most part. The whole haters/fanbois thing, while true in a few unbalanced individuals, is largely an overdramatization of what is really synth nerds expressing their opinion - in this case, disappointment in a company that used to make things for synth nerds, has promise and potential to make things for synth nerds, but ultimately falls short of the synth nerd seal of approval :hihi:

I'm sure they're not crying over it.
This is spot on apart from one thing...

We R crying over it! :cry:
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

if the price is right why not?

I hope it will be digital, or a hybrid. I doubt they could replicate the sound of the original now anyway. There are endless clones and samples available of the original 808, so it would be good to have a machine with a bit of a difference (as they're promising). I'M EXCITED! :phones: :party: :D

ps- I hope the sounds are editable in a big way.

ChiTown24 wrote:

The hardware forum is for people who like hardware. IMO the wrong place to tell people that software is superior to hardware.For drums many people still seem to prefer hardware, even if it's just a controller like e.g. NI Maschine. Just a thought...

As there are no details on the product yet (at least i have not found them yet) any comments are speculations anyway. Based on the picture everything from being a software controller up to a fully analog box seem to be possible...

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

as per spec provided on the website it will be standalone va

edit:
ooops they removed it (spec details)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”